Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I think it would be cool to see an Elementalist Warframe that can utilize one of the basic elements (heat, cold, electricity or toxin) with each of his/her abilities. Four elements, four abilities. The idea behind this Warframe would be creating different elemental combos on the fly to deal damage, provide buffs, create defenses, etc. I'm thinking of playing off of how you can create a blast proc. using Gauss's third ability, and expanding that to all of the elemental combos and smashing all that greatness into one Warframe.

As far as design I'm imagining each limb (and a portion of his/her torso) would be themed like one of the four basic elements in Warframe. Maybe with some golden orokin tech joining each quadrant together.

I would just love to have a frame centered around the elemental combos in the game, especially after the status changes.

Achlys, Daughter of Mist

Origin

Dismal and dejected, the starved young woman fell to the floor beside what remained of her mother. Whatever they had done to Mother - Helminth someone called it - had warped and covered her body. Strange shining protrusions already stretched from Mama's head and wrapped her chest. She didn't seem to breathe. The daughter wept, so tortured and emaciated that blood mingled with the tears streaking her cheeks. She could already feel the corruption eating away within herself, but she only despaired for her mother. A painful throbbing pressure erupted in her head. She could see the torturers surrounding them reel, as well. Whatever had struck her mind had also attacked them. They cried out and turned on each other violently. As the daughter staggered back, she somehow knew that the mental assault had come from Mother's prone form. She fell, twisting her knee and pounding it into the hard floor. The pain exploded in her leg, merged with the hunger, desolation, and suffering, and consumed her along with the Helminth. A primal wail ripped from her lips before they closed over. Bloody tears dripped from her face to the floor and bloomed into a fast spreading mist. The mist enveloped the chaos-stricken scientists, who screamed in pain. Poisoned and blind, the scientists flailed and tumbled to the floor. The mists withdrew, seeming to soak back into the daughter's body.  She hunched corrupted in the flickering lights, weeping muted cries. The creature that was Achlys, the daughter, no longer had memory of her mother, Nyx. She had only misery and despair, and she would visit it upon anyone, anything, that stood before her.

Theme

Based on the Greek goddess of the same name, Achlys symbolizes the mist of death. Consumed by sorrow and pain, eternally weeping poisonous tears that create toxic clouds of mist. Her power set would be mostly Mist based visually, with blinding and maybe Gas procs prevalent. It might be interesting to include a passive buff if Achlys is teamed with her mother, Nyx.

Appearance

She appears emaciated and bent over with despair. Tear streaks stain her cheeks.

Malagma 

-The Amalgam

Parts from different “factions”

Small parts of all are present (sentient arm, robotic leg, fur pelt hood,robotic face)

Beast - Wears pelts (bear/beast/kubrowdon inspired)

Robotic  - looks kind of like they are form fortuna (damaged parts replaced with robot parts)

Sentient -  sentient shape (long arms/no feet floats)

Beast Details

Similar to chroma in design large stature 

Fur clothing/armor bear skin cloak with skull hood 

Vermink skin bracers 

Robotic Details

Head like smokefinger

Arms similar to people of fortuna 

Tubes coming out like Lech Krill (very mechanical)

Sentient Details

Long, and thin floating sentient legs

Sentient styled “wings” out of the upper back

Upper arms that looks similar to limbo’s Limina skin

Theme: Fenris the wolf that brought about Ragnarok. Werewolf.

Role: attack and support 

Type: shape shifter

Power set idea/ suggestions: 

passive :wolves being pack animal a shifting bonus depends if in group or solo. Defense buff group with a switch to power str everyone a companion falls to a cap of X. Solo  smaller power str buff per kill. Penalty on armor.

2d concept: rage poor: gains and restores power by kill or heavy attack

2d concept eater of the dead: gets Heath or power by eating fallen enemy

Powers 1 wolf and  man: shifts into werewolf form. Maybe gains bonus dmg per slash or puncher proc.                          Power 3  Call of the pack: Summoned a Kubro pack to attack ,short duration.         Power 3 : Ragnarok: AOE armor strip ,( or something cool)

Description/Concept: "Born from one of the not, the first Dax soldier, or maybe only to Volunteer to become a Warframe. He possessed a loyalty second to none. Matched only by his ferocity in battle. Straightening his companions resolve while they stood, for those that fell a furry would ignite within him.

The last to turn: little is known of the Teno who would come to pilot this frame or in fact if any ding as those times he was thought of as by loyal hound leashed by his master's side. He stood in defense of his Orikin Master as first. He was unleashed on the Teno against his own brothers and sisters. Unchained and on his own he hunted down his kin he showed them no mercy. Then it's said he beheld with his own eyes the evil of the Orikin their greed and cruelty. It was then he turned on his masters . They assumed his loyalty was to them it was not it was to his Pack, the Peaple. As the Teno fled to their slumber they hound now wolf stayed behind to protect the Cubs that had set to find safe haven. This their final days the Orikin would come to call him, "Fenris, Destroyer of World's.

Vector-based, with abilities deriving from the manipulation of vectors:
- self/enemy -propulsion / kinetic transfer
- pushing/pulling enemies (telekinesis on enemy)
- pinning down / flying up enemies (gravity)
- stopping/rerouting incoming fire (telekinesis on projectiles)
- immobilization / inertia (friction)

I haven't thought much about a backstory. An idea popping as is from my head would be about an origin from a mechanical, clock-like device, converting energy from an everlasting movement; a device used as a power source, taken out and hidden during an invasion, and then fit into a Warframe for pushing back the enemy.

How about a Geisha themed, infested warframe based around maintaining a kind of strange alien beauty? Abilities that include making a garden and altering her own appearance (maybe with masks or something of that nature) for passive effects that function as stacks and then abilities to consume those stacks similar to Nidus. I imagine she would be more about cc and support than Nidus' tankiness and damage. Please consider this and Happy 7th Anniversary~ 

Puppet master frame?

One that maybe sacrifices something like it's shield, health or speed ect. Instead of energy (Negative effects similar to dragon keys) in order to create soldier like puppets for fighting, healing purposes and to benefit other squad members.

SH3-11.  Affectionately named "Shell" - A Corpus attempt at a operator-less Warframe, that eventually gained sentience from the void (players cannot use operators with this frame - details on more below).  Since it was built for the complete destruction of non-Corpus factions, it comes well equipped with it's own set of corpus weapons (meaning no weapons would be selectable by players).

The abilities would be effectively swapping through the corpus provided weapons equipped with the following attributes.  Energy consuption would only occur between switching weapons (not drain per use) and as such SH3-11 should begin with very low energy (~70 energy).  Players should also be able to level and augment each of Shell's abilities much like an exalted weapon in each slot.

Legend (P = Primary atk / A = Alternate atk)

1. Arm Pulsars (20 energy) - (P) Full Auto/Electric Damage - (A) Charge grenade/Electric splash dmg.  A pair of full auto twin pulsars pistols deployed from each forearm, when charged and fired together deal splashing/stunning electric damage.
  2. Deflector & Defender (30 energy): Shell spawns a Deflector shield on one arm (mitigating up to %60 all incoming damage) and a powerful gun-blade (think RoboCop 3-round-burst thigh pistol) in the other.  Shell then takes to a slow moving crouching stance in order to defend.  Melee-ing should be split between shield fighting and gun-blade stances.
  3. Energy Grenade launcher (40 energy):  (P) Fire grenade that explodes on contact with enemies; (A) Remote detonate grenade.  Shell's grenade launcher (initiating animation should be Shell removing or retracting an forearm) fires an arching round that detonates on impact causing massive radial damage or if left alone can be strategically used as a mine for defensive play.  Also features a remote detonation.
  4. ST1N.G3RS (40 Energy) : Shell's visor flips forward giving players a tactical view (highlights enemies) of Shell's surroundings.  As Shell traverses the map and designates enemies, the pair of shoulder mounted auto-canons (think Predator) fire lethal high energy rounds (semi automatic rate of fire) at enemies.
  5. Locked & Loaded (70 Energy - Used in place of transference to the operator) : Shells STIN.G3RS become locked in place and automatically fire upon the nearest enemies for up to 60 seconds allowing Shell to select an additional operating mode.

Ok here goes, living tree, or Tree is the concept distilled down to a singular word. Reference material I pulled from includes, the mythology around Yggdrasil, the Bodhi Tree (personally think Bodhi would be a good name), Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy, and the Ents and Huorns from Lord of the rings.

"For Millennia I have slumbered, my roots watered with blood... I stood unchanging when they came for my brethren, when they came for my offspring, but when they came for me with Axe and Fire I Woke..."

"This is Bodhi Tenno. Ancient, immovable. The tree that has weathered all storms. Enemies will break upon his roots as he drinks their lifeblood."

Orokin legend tells of an ancient tree whose will was strong enough to end all whom came to fell it. They sought to bind this spirit to a Warframe to make a warrior as immovable on the battlefield as this once mythical tree was.

Obviously we aren't really looking at abilities yet, but I picture abilities like impaling enemies with roots to siphon health from them, or rooting yourself in place in order to gain a larger health and/or shield pool along with drawing enemy aggro, or planting seeds that when "watered" with enemy blood sprout into allies or health generators

I apologise if this particular theme has already been presented

I think an illusion themed warframe would be cool. The warframe itself could have constant subtle changes to it's design as part of it's idle animation. It's abilities could be focused on making enemies see threats that would debuff them and the ultimate ability could make the illusions real in order to deal damage.

I've always wanted a spider-themed Frame.

She'd have four arms such that she could wield (a) gun(s) with two hands while carrying two Excavator Power Cells at the same time.

She could also web up an enemy and carry them around with two hands (still being able to use the other two arms for combat) and use said enemy as a portable meal to restore her health.

I also imagine her being able to web a doorway to block the enemy, with the web being resistant to Impact and Puncture, but Slash and Fire eating through it very quickly; a powerful CC ability that against the wrong faction would be near useless.

Commander/general type warframe.

Example roles/abilities:

• Coordinate and provide information to the squad (e.g. see allies, enemies, loot and objectives through walls, discover/create bonus objectives, see a path to objectives)
  • augment active buffs provided by other warframes (e.g. refresh durations or add bonus effects)
  • deploy armory station (allowing players to change mods and arcanes mid-mission)
  • "possess" an ally, piggybacking them and giving them bonuses to ability strength/range/duration while being able to cast that ally's abilities using the commander's own energy pool
  • passive ability: can equip two aura mods (but only gain half the extra mod capacity)

I believe that a great ingression to the magnificent line of warframes would be a Grineer based warframe:

Similar to how Alad V created a Warframe (even if it was based on prime frame) he created a Warframe he also went mad but we'll ignore that for now.

Knowing that Alad sold the disruption nodes to the grineer he could also have sold a warframes blueprint or design to the grineer.

Perfected with the old blood on his side and a few mighty grineer weapons or Warframe arises (insert cool Warframe name), he's abilities could be based around grineer weapons for example his first ability could be that a gun pops out of his shoulder and shoots nearby enemies (it could also rotate from multiple weapons like a granade launcher or a flamethrower, changing not it's design but his range and damage).

Good luck to you all, Chaka

Schwarz/ Schwarzeloch/ Schwarzelok

A rogue frame whom, in her creation, inadvertently destroyed her creators by absorbing everything in her proximity.
Afraid of her powers and quickly degenerating mind, she exiled herself to the void afterwards, slowly dissipating herself through radiation.
Now, only bits of her remain as information floating amidst the void, and some has reached the Tenno, who will
embark on a quest to rebuild and learn to control the power of the Black Hole.

Passive: Items within certain radius of Schwarz will be pulled towards her, adding to her 'matter' counter

'Matter Counter':

While abilities still require energy to activate, once activated, 'Accretion Disk' and 'Hawking' will
    gain their power from Schwarz's 'Matter Counter', expiring when the counter reaches 0.

-Each item drop gained will count as 1(or 5) matter
    -Each Enemy consumed by 'Event Horizon' will count as 10 matters

-Matter consumption may be affected by ability duration

Ab. 1
'Kugelblitz'

Spoiler

-Shoot a microscopic black hole towards an enemy to damage
    and incapacitate them for a short duration. Inflicts Radiation damage.

Ab.2
'Accretion Disk'

Spoiler

-Create a ring of dissolving matter around you to buff yourself.
    Allies will gain buff if used with 'Event Horizon'

-Initial range affected by ability range, increases with higher matter count
    -Buff percentage affected by ability strength
    -Matter consumption affected by ability duration

Ab.3
'Hawking'

Spoiler

-Spew out beams of pure energy that inflicts AOE radiation damage to nearby enemies
    -High matter consumption
    -Matter consumption affected by duration.
    -Once matter counter reaches 0, Hawking will switch to draining HP at a rate of 10%/s with an added attack boost. Every time the HP is replenished, the   drain rate goes up by 5%.

Ab.4
'Event Horizon'

Spoiler

-Unleash the full power of the black hole, consuming all nearby enemies with no escape.

-To Schwarz, enemies will visibly get sucked into her black hole, while
    to allies, when enemies enter the range of Schwarz's black hole, they will redshift and fade away in 2 seconds,
    dropping loot where they once were(or pops out of the corpse).

-Schwarz's movement and maneuver speed decreased by 70%
    -Suction range affected by ability range
    -Ability strength affects suction speed which is directly affected by the enemy's level,
    If the enemy's level is too high, they will not be entirely suctioned and redshifted, but be damaged through partial consumption.

Huwy188.png

How about a frame with roots in Grineer experiments with gas and toxins on Ceres? Let's call this idea Acrid for now.
Some quick ability ideas:
First ability: Acrid lobs a grenade from its left hand that forms a lingering gas cloud.
Second: Acrid disperses a blast of gas from its left hand, stunning or ragdolling enemies caught in the blast (which also forms a cloud)
Third: Acrid ignites the gas clouds with its right hand, lighting them ablaze for a percentage of the original remainder of their durations!
Fourth: Acrid gives itself and teammates a buff that increases defensive stats while in the gas clouds, and offensive stats while in the fire clouds.
passive: kills from gas procs give some energy? I haven't thought this one out yet ;D

So the main idea is switching between both hands to put down strong crowd-control clouds that can be turned into shorter-lived fire pools. We don't have a gas-focused frame yet and I thought some explosion-mechanic would be perfect to tie it to some Grineer experiments!

I want to see a warframe based on quantum physics, paradoxes and cosmic effects. To make references to many theories from which you can take many interesting skills for warframe like the schrodinger cat with which we can play with the idea that sometimes it is simulated that it is alive and dead at the same time, the uncertainty principle and the overlap quantum in which we can make it possible for us to be in several places at once or create particles with which we can interact, create portals to move from one point of the map to another, create black holes and white holes, or control the gravity and create spacial deformations. In its aesthetics, could be seen how parts of its body vibrate reflecting the idea of the superposition of some of its particles with the excuse that its body fluctuates between different dimensions or universes so since its permanence is unstable, it could also show deformations of the light as black holes do in places like in the stomach, chest or around the hands, doing something close to the design of the Harrow Reliquary but with a more cosmic appearance.

agujeros-negros_experimentos_1.jpg

I have always thought an artillery/gun battery themed frame would be awesome.

The concept surrounds the idea that most of the frames power is unleashed when it locks itself down into a defensive mode - rendering it immobile, but raising its defenses significantly. Additionally, while locked down - one or two torso/shoulder/back mounted weapon systems come online and can now be fired. I like to think of this particular concept as perhaps a frame that was designed with anti-vehicular/anti-aircraft capabilities, originally - a warframe version of a Flak 88, if you will.

The power set could include such things as: first off, the lockdown mechanic - probably power 1, which provides additional armor or similar defensive boost. Second could be some sort of overshield or shield aura that affects the team - alternatively, it could launch a cluster of mines that encircle the frame - or possibly a lower damage but high powered blast that knocks all nearby enemies far away and on their ass. Power 3 would likely be some sort of medium strength, short to medium ranged attack that could be used as a toggle and an alternative to equipped small arms. Finally power 4 would be the torso mounted heavy weapon - probably a fire-then-cooldown type attack with long range and heavy AOE.

Alternatively powers 1 and 2 could be something that could be used while the frame was mobile, such as multi-launch mini-rockets from launchers within (or on) the frame - and 3 and 4 could be the lockdown and weapon system powers.

An alternative idea is to have a full powerset while mobile - and then when locked down - have that powerset become amplified significantly. Such as, the torso/shoulder/back weapon can fire a decently powerful shot while mobile - but when locked down it is now able to fire a tremendously powerful blast.

We have a lot of frames with crazy powers and flashy effects - and a concept surrounding glorified heavy weaponry may seem a little mundane in comparison - but I think it could be a lot of fun and very useful in situations when you need to stand your ground - and yes, this does go against the general concept of warframes being highly mobile and ninja-like - but I think something like this isn't necessarily outside the realm of what the orokin might have created, in terms of defensive measures.

Archived