Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

I think a support frame geared around the concept or of Oaths and Martyrdom could be interesting.

It could be themed after Grimnir (Odin), and make use of Exalted Robotics as a passive. The sentinel Huginn would serve as the exalted sentinel with a similar/contrasting sentinel, Muninn serving as a piece of signature equipment. In addition to performing the standard functions of a sentinel, Huginn could mark enemies, which would play into Grimnir's first ability.

The first ability, Gungnir, would serve as the only offensive skill in Grimnir's arsenal. Conjuring an energy spear, Grimnir flings his lance into the sky to rain down on all marked enemies.

The second ability, Gjallarhorn, would raise/restore downed companions/pets/robotics within a given area. This would synergies in particular with the Sacrifice mod which would allow Grimnir to have some surviveability in spite of spite of the limits imposed by his other abilities.

The third ability, Hanged Man, would be what makes Grimnir a unique frame. This ability would voluntarily and intentionally hobble the frame while providing a small boost in armor. For a duration, Grimnir would have to endure a single curse/oath which would induce one debuff per activation - loss of shield, loss of bullet jumping, loss of health, inability to access primary/secondary/melee weapons are all potential examples of  what this ability could do. After a period of time, this debuff would expire and grant Grimnir a rune which is equivalent to the curse endured. The enduring of curses and acquisition of runes would be one of the main priorities for Grimnir players.

The fourth ability, World Rune, activates and expends runes which are within Grimnir's possession, buffing the frame and nearby allies as a reward for suffering through the effects of Hanged Man. Basically, for each cursed endured, an opposite effect is granted. A loss in HP, for instance, would grant an increase in maximum hp, a loss of bullet jumping might result in bullet jumping which has an AoE damage effect added on to it.  Though this, basically the momentary increased challenge for one player could be used to support team members.

Anyways, Warframe already has plenty of cyclopses, but I think having a player hobble themselves only to give their entire team a super mode at an opportune time could be cool, and as much as I love my Kavat, I think sentinels could probably use a little more love.

The game is full of immortal "tanks" but there's no frame that really plays the role of Tank the way you would see in a rpg. High damage mitigation, draws aggro, shields the team and has a good kit for non-lethal crowd control (or support). At most what you get is a frame that is really good at staying alive by itself or one that has good crowd control. A lot of frames come close, but there isn't a frame that drops into a high level survival, arbitration, or sortie and you think "thank god". What immediately comes to mind is Taunts, and defensive cooldowns. Games have been doing this forever a number of ways : Ranged tanks that draw aggro with a kit of AOEs and stay alive with self heals, Light armor tanks that focus around shields and avoiding damage completely, and heavy armor good ole' tank and spankers. In each case however, the goal is clear: keep the damage away from the team by keeping boss and other mobs busy, and don't die.

Warframe needs more Reinhart, less Rhino.

I've had an idea for a while for a light-based warframe - Photonis. A more orokin purist-y frame that maybe sees inspiration from void orbs, that uses the nature of light as physical photons rather than "energy". If elemental is wanted maybe have a similar system to chroma or revenant's 4 where you can alter or absorb energy to be transferred into his light based attacks?

We're talking shooting physical cutting beams and lance style blasts - obviously in my head this was sash and puncture respectively. Could maybe have construct abilities for those that are calling for summoning or that kind of thing but obviously that'd be on the ability workshop. 

At the end of the day maybe it'd have just been an idea of mine, but I even thought of the weapon that could match - a slash based (or maybe match the frame's element in the case of the warframe itself changing element) gunstave that essentially fires a constant stream of photons to tear through the enemy on a molecular level.
So, with my outline out there, my personal story for Photonis -

Photonis - The Lightbringer

In the waning days of the old war, when orokin culture was at its closest to being eradicated by the sentient onslaught, the emperors had a problem. Their dax guards were getting fewer and fewer in number, being slowly yet surely pulled away for field duty in the war. As such, the orokin elite required new, loyal guards that could befit their station, and their aesthetic tastes. 
Enter Ballas with a proposition - A warframe, its operator hand picked and specially "treated" to ensure loyalty, would be custom made. This warframe became Photonis, resplendent in orokin filigree and shining in the shimmering void light that proved so fatal to the sentient invaders. Using the "death orbs" that acted as security systems as a basis, Photonis was able to focus light into damaging rays of pure photons charged with void energy that while not as toxic to sentients could surely render flesh from bone, metal from welding, atom from atom. 
Used as a silent enforcer, Photonis would be the final line of defence during the war, and naturally as such the orokin themselves recognised the danger of having such a fearsome tool present once the war was turning in favor of the orokin.

Banished to a distant and dark part of the origin system, Photonis and his operator were not present to see the final days of the orokin leadership, nor were they present to help their tenno bretheren right the wrongs of the remaining orokin across the system. Instead, Photonis sat, engulfed in the darkness of the asteroid he was banished to, casting a single blinding beam of light out into the system, in hopes that one day he would be found and reunited with his brothers and sisters. 

Drusus has, of course, located ancient blueprints for Photonis, as well as relics from the Orokin capital showing signs of Photonis' presence - skeletons from rebels that got too close to achieving their goals with bones cut apart with atomic precision, ancient pieces of death cubes too small to have been used in the wider security network and even the prototpe emitters for highly precise beams of light - however Drusus' crowning achievement in this regards is his location of the Photonis warframe, still casting its singular beam of light, too old to be reassigned to the Tenno today, but not old enough to not be reverse engineered. 

Closing statement
I know, my idea's pretty out there - to the point where I doubt DE, let alone the community as a whole, would take it on board, but I felt that as Mirage is the only "Light-based" frame I could personally think of and we have so many bases already covered, something that uses the ideas we've already seen present in orokin technology - namely death orbs being used to generate beams of energy - felt like a new idea to me. I'm aware that lasers are practically Revenant's schtick and that a frame generating slash and puncture procs would need to be finely tuned, but I think after the changes to how status procs work it could be a fairly fun and unique frame if handled well.

Anyway, thank you for reading this, it's been an idea of mine for a while so now we have a community contest for a theme I just had to share it!

I would love to see a warframe based on Lionidus and his spartans.

a Warframe bathed in crimson and gold, bearing a trademark spear and shield with a dazzling red crest upon his head. indomitable and relentless, seeming to merely gain more momentum as the fight goes on, sending out his challenge to any who here, drawing the attention of his foes. it would certainly be a change in the dynamic.

I will not read all post to see if my idea is there but

i tough about a warframe that can stick to walls and for its point of view, its always the right side, like an alien or a spider,

mutate with the type of monster it eat and can combine multiple enemy to have different buffs for him and its team.

something that walk on 4 legs for a change, can have 2 little arms (+ its 4legs ) to use weapons, Or not at all. A no weapons warframe would be very unique 

Blacksmith/smithy/forging themed frame, that uses superheated metal out of a built in chest forge! I've had a concept like this for a while. The name I thought up was "Hephaestus," or for a more sci-fi themed name, "Haephon."

Inforce (information + force)

A genderless frame wich has no feet (a bit like wisp). The legs end in a rounded tip.

It collects and distributes inormation and analysis the enemy to find their weakpoints.

Protects it's allies with a firewall or something alike

Uses Minerva's Spear as an exalted weapon

We got Nekros and Inaros for reanimating the corpses of the dead.

How about a warframe that manipulates the parting souls of those same enemies?

Someone that can harness and evoke the captured souls manipulating them to suit their needs. 👻

A polymorphic warframe, able to change the body or single parts of it at will, like transforming its arms into different kind of guns, or the legs into blades.

You could even make so it can't use weapons in missions other than the ones it creates fron his body.

Could spawn wings from the torso, or a big cannon from the abdomen, could even detach an arm and use it as a sword or a mace.

https://achein12.tumblr.com/image/611882989113294848

Here is my own drawing of my warframe (I made a tumblr account because it would not let me post the image here), her name is Coven the sanguine and her theme is blood. Coven is a vampire warframe that infects her foes with plagues and infections that would cause their blood to boil and explode, this does sound gruesome but i think it would be cool to see her abilities in action against enemies. Her powers would revolve around stealing health and giving health, she would also plague enemies by infecting their blood causing them to go crazy.

passive: Bloodline

when coven is healed by her abilities nerby allies also share a portion of the heal.

Ability 1: Siphon

Coven harvests blood from foes allowing her to gain temporary stacks of health

Ability 2: Incarnation

Coven manifests a clone of pure blood that sprints into enemies exploding dealing corrosive damage,scales with enemy health.

Ability 3: Blood spike

Coven mixes blood with her enemies causing them to weaken and eventually explode in the area.

Ability 4: Plague

Coven infects enemies with tampered blood, it can spread until it kills the lat victim, deals slash damage.

Leave any suggestions for her abilities, these are my ideas for Coven!!!

Name: Vefr
Insectoid Warframe.
Tank/CC/Buffer role.
Features - has 4 arms, two which only used for his abilities and unique animations.
Passive: Multiple Arms -

Спойлер

Faster Reloading speed, ability to carry 1 Battery without disabling Primary Firearms.

Skill 1: Swarming Jump -

Спойлер

Jump to the location on your Crosshair, Grabbing and Slamming any enemy, unlucky enough to be on your path. Can attach to walls, if landing on them. Can be used in the air. Jump Height and Jump Radius depend on Range, Damage depends on Strength. Once attached to a wall, can stay infinetly on that wall, but can only fire Secondary Arms or Sticky Spit. Can move on wall freely by using Movement Keys, with speed equal to a crouch.

Skill 2: Sticky Spit -

Спойлер

Fires an AoE projectlie that leaves a sticky puddle, that slows Enemies down by 25%/35%/45% and deals Toxin Damage per tick with 50% status chance each. Damage depends on Strength, Puddle Radius and Travel Distance depends on Range. Projectile Itself delivers Viral Damage and pocs status 100%, while stunning Target for 1 second.
Puddle Duration affected by Duration stat. Slowdown is not affected by any stat.

Skill 3: Gathering Cocoon -

Спойлер

Grabs Enemies, weaving them into a cocoon on his back, adding to his Special Counter, akin to Nidus Infestation Stacks. Each Stack also deplete every 10 seconds. Every 10 Stacks decreases Damage to Teammates in radius of 10m. Each stack reduces incoming damage by 1%/3%/7% up to 50%.
Duration increases duration of Stacks, Strength increases maximum Damage Reduction(max - 90%), Range increases defensive Aura radius.
Can be used during grabbing/slamming animation of the Swarming Jump.
Maximum ammount of stacks - 100.

Skill 4: Devourig Rebirth -

Спойлер

Absorbs his outer skin, increasing his moving and melee speed, regenerating 1% oh current max HP per second.
All cocoon stacks convert into a Health Regen/Armor Buff aura, +5% per Stack, which decreases by 1% every 3 seconds.
Self Health Regen(capped on 15% of max HP/s) and Team Health Regen/Armor Bonus can be increased by Power Strength.
While active, this Ability drains 8/7/5 energy/s. Duration and Efficency decrease the drain.
Range increases Aura Radius.
Using Gathering Cocoon increases Health Regen/Armor Buff aura by 5% per enemy.

Stats(rank 30):
Health - 300
Armor - 200
Shields - 100
Sprint Speed - 1.0

Placeholder image, if anyone gets interested, I'll make a better one.
d5v8juv-b0a921f3-a8cb-4d5c-9f7a-8325779d

Just now, Omega0verdrive said:

A werewolf frame due to the orokin obsession with the moon.

probably tanky and fast beat down frame

I like this idea especially when its possible too have 2 sets of passive and power abilities if the frame can transform

Archived