Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Feedback] 20 things Warframe needs and needs now.

Awazx

There's only two other topics I can think of that also measure up to the level of discussion/contention that Hema's research costs inspires:

1. Univac is the #1 requested/discussed feature they have not budged on. And no, giving an innate 2m vacuum is not the same as simply copy-pasting the Vacuum mod onto frames, or allowing players to toggle Vacuum on and off as they please. No matter where you stand on the discussion, it's the most prevalent topic.

2. Host Migrations and Dedicated Servers. The game's Peer-To-Peer nature causes headaches for nearly all players at least once, and for others much more frequently. Calls for more robust netcode, more intelligent decision making as to who it chosen to host, and the removal of the game's core netcode in favor of privately hosted or dedicated servers have been met with very little response from DE.

There are other more minor things that come up often, such as:

• Weapon holster positioning for primary and secondary weapons
  • Allowing prime weapons to use their base weapon's skin
  • Warframe passive reworks/more reworks to frames, game modes, drop tables
  • More in-game tutorials
  • Energy Leech Eximus UI/visual indicators
  • Syndicate Sigils being decoupled from standing gain
  • Heightened UI customization
  • More Augment mods/Syndicate mods/Vandal/Wraith weapons
  • Less strict/seemingly biased Tennogen evaluations
  • Improved Dojo layout/building mechanics
  • Fashionframe enhancements such as "Copy-Paste" for loadout colors across all items

And there are other issues that have been and remain hot topics/commonly mentioned for years that are infrequently addressed, such as:

• Crossplay/Crosssave: Evaluating the feasibility, most likely a solution tied to "when" and not "if", in line with the game's growth I'd guess.
  • Removal of Companion Stasis, In-mission Pet Commands: After literal years of Sheldon mentioning "they are looking into it" we finally got some more direct examples of their intentions with Pets 2.0. Statis is being removed, more diversity and reason to breed more Kubrows and Kavats, as well as the ability to command your pet mid-mission ala Khora. Who knows when it'll actually be implemented however.
  • More Riven capacity: Increased to 90, up from 60. This is a problem that cannot be solved, people will always want "more" space.
  • Primary Kitguns: They're finally shipping with Scarlet Spear, but no new Kitgun barrels have been announced.
  • Scaling rewards in Endless missions: DE does not appear to be confident in their ability to design rewards that manage to sit between the two extremes "I'm not playing this mission for a long time because the rewards are pointless, this feels bad" and "I am forced to play this mission for too long to get the reward I want, this feels bad". They seem content to leave endless mission drop tables as they are, with Arbitrations and Disruption acting as an experiment of sorts.
  • Archwing's shallow and imbalanced design: A complete Archwing overhaul appears to be on the way, complete with stat changes, ability revamps, modular Archwings and a more holistic fit between open world and space combat.
  • Updated Simulacrum with walls: This one is actually on the way soon, we've seen it demoed in a few DevStreams recently.
  • Riven stat locking: Not happening. Constantly suggested both internally and externally, encouraging mods that further reinforce "close-minded" metas is something DE would like to stray away from.
  • Raids returning/raid-like content: DE has said, in many more words, that they are pivoting from repetitious puzzle-like PvE encounters riddled with design & functionality flaws into more free-form and well thought out content pieces like Squad Link operations and Railjack (ha) but recognize the unique multi-coop experience it provided and the importance raids held for many tight knit communities. They have stated they will return, albeit not in the same state. I think. Citation needed because I can't remember the specific quote.

I know some of that can read pretty negatively, but I want to also remind everyone that this recent mainline brought about a LOT of changes and additions that have been LONG requested, some far more than what I've previously mentioned:

• FoV increase (I remember asking for this back in update 7 haha)
  • Scaling excavator health
  • Self-damage removal
  • Elemental Proc rebalance
  • Armor scaling addressed both for enemies and warframes
  • Shield gating being implemented across all frames
  • Enemy accuracy changes to help mitigate one-shot kills by middling enemies
  • Grenade indicators/visibility changes
  • Starchart loot table reevaluations
  • Item labels enabled by default
  • Hover/About being pruned from most item screens and descriptions
  • 100x restore blueprints added
  • Sentinel mod sharing removed
  • Gear wheel improvements
  • Reputation vendors' inventories being pulled out of multiple sub-menus
  • Increased waypoint range

Let's hope that DE keeps listening and another player count drop isn't required to get them to address the annoyances and problems that players encounter every time they play the game.

Credits to the author:: https://www.reddit.com/user/ByteRoster/

Edited by Awazx

If they give a universal vacuum, I'd hope they have a Corrupted mod to remove vacuum while replacing a mod.. like cast speed, perhaps. +60 cast speed -vacuum range 85%.. or something. There are times where picking up everything immediately isn't as worth our time.. Like channeling frames collecting all the Energy Orbs at once.

1 hour ago, Awazx said:
  • Updated Simulacrum with walls: This one is actually on the way soon, we've seen it demoed in a few DevStreams recently.

• More Riven capacity: Increased to 90, up from 60. This is a problem that cannot be solved, people will always want "more" space.

While it's cool we are getting a cool new room.  I wish there was a way from dojo/ship to get to the Simulacrum, even if it was a purchasable decoration, or whatever instead of going through a relay to get to it..

The current capacity of Rivens is 120.  I think it's enough for now but there will always be a demand for more slots as the increase of new weapons in the game.  I think they change it to try to keep up with 25% of the weapons in the game.

Edited by (PS4)Poestis
More comments

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

And no, giving an innate 2m vacuum is not the same as simply copy-pasting the Vacuum mod onto frames

Um, actually it's 3m, okay.

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

No matter where you stand on the discussion, it's the most prevalent topic.

Also No. You're always moving in Warframe. Just go pick it up. It's not hard. They have a mod for our sentinels and pets soooo yeah, lots of options.

1 hour ago, Awazx said:

The game's Peer-To-Peer nature causes headaches for nearly all players at least once,

Not if you have your ping set to low. On occasion I'll have a bad match but that is super rare. Dedicated servers won't solve that problem.