Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

COMING SOON: Devstream #140!

[DE]Rebecca

Once more back into the motley, reinvigorated by the last devstream (thank you!) 🙂 In the hopes of getting some things more noticed than others, I've since started diving this up into categories.

Important Questions: Questions Important to me as a Warframe Player. If you have to answer only one of my questions, make it one from here!

• Is there any chance we'll see Warframe Revisions become a regular part of sustaining Warframe as a living game? I don't imagine they'd be all the time, but perhaps once every 1-2 years or so?
  • Are there any thoughts or consideration for finding a way to communicate regularly that doesn't involve twitter? I don't - and will never - have twitter, for instance, and it's not very visible to a lot of people. A more accessible information stream (even if it's just one way) would be appreciate
  • Increasingly, we are seeing more and more enemies ignoring warframe abilities in permanent, non-intractable ways (IE: Nullifiers don't count, you can pop the bubble). This is making control-based and caster-based frames less viable in certain content types. Is this style of enemy design going to become a staple of future Warframe content?
  • Increasingly, we are seeing more and more enemies ignoring status effects from weapons. This is making status-based weapons increasingly non-viable and critical-based weapons dis proportionally important. Is this style of enemy design going to become a staple of future Warframe content?
  • I can understand the push to avoid steamrolling of content by tankier frames and crit-based weapons, but have you considered designing specific enemies or scenarios to defeat those as opposed to the general increase in numbers that is starting to edge warframes that were already designed to have high risk/reward gameplay under less threatening scenarios?
  • Is there any plans in the future to add in enemies with different sorts of engagement patterns or fighting methods? The various hordes are nice and while I wouldn't want to do completely without them, increasingly I've found the Nox is one of my favourite things to fight because it works differently.
    • Don't think I didn't notice the Elite-Shield people. 🙂 Still want to know if this is going to be something with more upcoming or if that was just a nice random surprise.
  • So, as someone who plays a lot to non-DPS centric frames, is there any chance that we could have a mechanism by which things like control of enemies or healing/support of allies is tracked under the mission statistics? It would go some ways to helping those activities not feel so overlooked and generally make one feel like their impact as a non-DPS is more noticeable.
  • You guys at [DE] seem like you have very clear notions of what frames are, or, at least, what you want them to do. (I'm going somewhere with this). This makes critiquing or examining if they're functioning well slightly problematic (at least for me) because I feel like I don't know on what criteria I'm supposed to judge them. Is there any chance that you'd be willing to comment on what a Warframe's design goals are when seeking feedback (Ala the Vauban/Ember Rework) or just in general? (IE: Frame Y is meant to do X, especially with concerns to W.)
  • With Pets 3.0 on the horizon, can you please confirm whether or not we will be able to hot-swap Kavats and Kubrows the way we can hot-swap Sentinels and Moas? That is, effectively, have more than one 'active' pet in our loadouts/inventories. I'm not concerned about them being around the ship, but genuinely this is the only feature I've wanted concerning pets since I first got my second pet.
  • Railjack was advertised as way of starting to 'lift up all the various islands', to begin to interconnect them. However, as it is currently it uses almost entirely isolated resources, mechanics, and is remote from the rest of Warframe. I appreciate that in a game like Warframe, things take a lot of time. What's Railjack's next big step towards beginning to unify the way you play the game?
  • How much of a 'first step' is the current Kuva Lich system? I like it - it's my favourite thing in the game - but I'm curious how much the progression and way one moves through it (run missions -> farm thralls -> Kill Lich) is the way it was designed to be and if it's not what sort of changes want to be made and what we can look forward to.

General Questions: Questions I'd like answers to, but not very pressing.

• Can we get options to toggle prime decorations for the Immortal skins? I can appreciate them not being reasonable to do for the Deluxe Skins.
  • So, looking at the innate bonuses for the Kuva Lich weapons, the bonuses so far are all elemental damage. As I've come to understand the system more, that sort of makes sense, but is there any plans down the road to make them vary with more interesting things? (Reload Speed, Accuracy, Innate Multishot, etc) or maybe other random effects, not unlike how the Kuva Seer has an explosion burst with its projectiles. Or is this the sort of thing that would upset the meta-lords too much or stray too far from the intended effects of the bonus?
  • So, for people who are interested in changing their names, there's this... Huge problem. It costs Platinum (this is not the issue), which means that it's expensive to do it repeatedly. This leads to the actual huge problem: There's no way to actually check if the name you want is taken or not without buying it! Is there any way you could let someone check to see if a name is available before committing?
  • So, Zypher Deluxe has been in the works since before I started playing regularly. This Tennocon we saw some work had been done on her. Compared to a lot of Deluxe skins she's relatively straightforward looking (at least, from the images I saw). Is there any chance on some sort of general ETA when we might be able to expect her?
  • Is there any way we can get an option bind a function to multiple simultaneous buttons? IE: Alternative Fire being bound to {Shift + Mouse 1} Instead of {Mouse 3}
  • You talked about how the Nemesis system is going to be slowly rolling out through the factions. Obviously, you'll have Grineer, and then Corpus. But does this mean we'll also see Infested Nemesis? Corrupted? Sentient, maybe, even?

Idle Questions: Questions I have an interest in, but that I don't think will make a lot of difference to me if they aren't answered anytime soon.

• Here's an odd one: Killing Kuva Liches comes with an invocation and the Requiem Mods. So tasty so far. But there are - I realize we're probably rare - a few of us out there that like to hear our starchild speak. Is there any chance down the road those of us who woke up to dream again could hear them chant the invocation if we've got their speech enabled?
  • So this is sort of a minor, more personal quibble. I've been playing Warframe a bit, and one of the things I've really started to see or feel of late is that a lot of the frames tend to feel the same shape-wise. They might have a bunch of different doodads attached to them, but their figures are generally either 'generically fit guy' or 'generically curvy girl'. Lately there's been a lot of movement to get away from that - the body shapes of four of the last five Warframes (Baruuk, Hyldrin, Gauss, and now Grendel,) have been a breath of fresh air, figure-silhouette wise - and I both wanted to say thank you and encourage that, and ask if that would start applying/getting more of a look in where Deluxe Skins are concerned as well, as a lot of them just feel like 'big, beefy dude' or 'curvy woman in high heels'. Although, now that I've seen the Gara Deluxe, I'm guessing not.
  • So, a question I've wanted to ask for a long time: to my understanding, the Gas City Rework was just supposed to be Alad V's thing, on Jupiter. Why did the Gas Cities on other planets also get replaced? It feels weird and out of place lore-wise, and it means that we lost an interesting difference that could have existed in tilesets. (Don't get me wrong, the new Gas City is lovely, just confused)
  • Possibly I just missed it, and I don't mean to accidentally pour oil, but what was the ultimate resolution of the entire chat moderate mess? I know that an outside company was being hired to look into chat moderating, but beyond that I never saw anything.
  • Are we going to get a Torid mod to let it do whatever the heck it is that the Zealot's Torid does from NW Season 2? Please?

As always, I appreciate all the work and effort of the team.While.I can't speak for everyone, for myself I found Devstream #139 my favourite DevStream so far, and hands down one of the most enjoyable and exciting things I've seen come out of a Devstream in a while. I love the expansion of content, but the refinement and polishing of Warframe's core systems is something (I'd hope) everyone can get behind. I still haven't forgotten the shout-out on one of the previous Devstreams, and while I deeply appreciate it, I do hope that if it happens again it will be regarding one of my more mechanically-focused or design-speculative questions. 🙂

See you on the rails sometime.

• Like 2

What with Scarlet Spear having RJ content, I'd like to ask 2 RJ questions:

1. Can we get Railjack loadout slots? I appreciate they would need more work than regular Frame+weapons+pet loadouts, and would need to be interchanged in the Dry Dock.

2. Could RJ components be added to the Valence Fusion system (respecting House and Tier)? It would make getting the perfect component much less reliant on RNG, and having to repair wreckage for fusion would give us a use for the materials we have beginning to stack up.

Any progress updates on Railjack's Command intrinsics? Will the use of Command be limited to solo play or will it use the host's AI crew members to fill empty player slots in 2-3 player games?

How are the previously mentioned reworks for things like Pets and Archwing coming along? After update 27.2, I'm really looking forward to more existing parts of the game getting the attention they need rather than being buried by (frequently rushed) new content.

• Like 2

On 2020-03-12 at 7:18 AM, SilentMobius said:

The mainline had a lot of really needed changes and I really appreciate the hard work...

But...

Are you really talking about lauching a time-limited operation involving the Railjack while still ignoring the supposed solo path to use a Railjack?

I mean, it was bad enough that DE considered it acceptable to just drop it in favour of a self-imposed deadline, but if it is what it appears to be, we're getting to the dealbreaker stage for this founder.

I put in my railjack work, using the bad pathing and geometry "caves" so I could do everything with my Archwing because that was the only way a solo player could. But I didn't like it, now were going to have time-limited new content and you're still leaving solo player in the cold, not even a preview or taster to give us a chance?

you mean you can't comfortable solo veil mission with just sigma mk 3 components/weapons???
it isn't really that tough you just need to know what your railjack can take and have a few decent to good avionics

but i would like to have access to the command intrinsics

Edited by .durandle.
minor clarification
  • Like 1

So many pages of feedback on the new Arcane (re)grind and no replies at all from you guys. It was annoying to take Steve’s ‘we don’t want to increase the grind’ comment at face value and then see we needed another 11 Arcanes to hit the new max. Can we get a comment on what is being done/planned (if anything) to address this issue. Much appreciated.

• Like 5