Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where do we check our K-Drive race progress?

Zoh_Veldae

Question

11 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

I'm trying to get the Race Ace achievement, but I have no idea which races I did and didn't complete when they randomly cycle each day. Is there a place that I can check my progress specifically?

Start writing down which ones you do and then do then all, when a race cycles check your list if you have done it move on to the next one if not on list do it, it was the only way I got all of them done.

• Like 1

I'm going to have to say no. When I was doing that one, it told me how many I'd done, but not which. In the end I resolved to just do all five each day until I finally got it. It was a real pain having to wait so long for the rare rotating races.

In the same way, I'd like to know which caves still need spelunking so I can get that achievement, but I just don't know. Some day I'll have to tell myself that we're doing all of them in order. That'll be a day trip.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

In the same way, I'd like to know which caves still need spelunking so I can get that achievement, but I just don't know. Some day I'll have to tell myself that we're doing all of them in order. That'll be a day trip.

Why hasn't it dawned on you to just google a map of the Vallis with a legend attached to it?

9 hours ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Why hasn't it dawned on you to just google a map of the Vallis with a legend attached to it?

Because that's more than likely what they did ... google doesn't show them which races they'd done tho, or which caves they've visited, so that's not really helping.

Edited by SocialFox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

You must be kinda dumb to not take a map of the Vallis and COMPARE it to what the map shows in-game, i.e. you can see what caves you HAVEN'T visited. Really, how can you miss this leap of logic?

So, you're saying that the in-game map, actually shows which caves they have not visited, please explain how does this apply to races? This topic is about K-Drive Races right?

On that note yes, you're right, don't get angry for no reason.

I, for one, had no idea that the vallis map, or any map, for that matter, actually showed points of interest once you've visited them, to me, that's new, and I appreciate that you shared that information since I'm not big on paying attention to the map whenever I go into the open world areas, because I don't really care, I go in, do my bounties/missions/etc and go out.

But it would be nice to Paint which races have been completed at least once, so that I can just glance at the map and say "Oh, I haven't done that one" rather than go through the trouble of making a list of things that really are low priority on my list of priorities, but hey, let's get angry at people for no reason because they don't share the same values as you do.

I think I'm done with the forums today, people are so quick to jump at eachother's throats for some reason.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

You must be kinda dumb to not take a map of the Vallis and COMPARE it to what the map shows in-game, i.e. you can see what caves you HAVEN'T visited. Really, how can you miss this leap of logic?

The Caves had a bug, (since fixed) you could go into ALL of the caves but it would not give you the Vallis Spelunker challenge, I had been in all the caves but I only had 28 registered as done, although all the caves were shown as done on the external map and ingame map, DE awhile ago fixed the problem and I'm guessing because I was 28/30 and now have 30/30 after the bug fix.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-12 at 6:38 AM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

HOW HARD IS IT TO WRITE SOMETHING DOWN?

Considering that accounting, analytics and general record keeping are some of the highest paid professions in the world, I'd say it's pretty hard. If not, then it's certainly over paid.

On 2020-03-11 at 8:24 PM, (XB1)Rez090 said:

Whenever I've looked at maps and compared it to my own, they looked the same. So I figured the default map must show all the caves that can be explored, because that's what's on the map.

If you're telling me that the caves only appear on the map after they've been gone through, then that would make things a lot easier. It sounds like something that wasn't there when I was going for it though. It also sounds like an intuitive feature which one would assume is the way things work. Are you sure it works like that?

@sir_deadlock

The caves only show as completed on the ingame map once you find them, now given the caves had a bug and no one could get the challenge done, even though the map was showing all of them done then that would make it impossible to complete, hence the map was useless.

To note: this thread was about K-Drive races, to which I made a suggestion way back at the top for the K-Ddrive races to make it easy.

• Like 1