Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas: why can't we change his Rubble armor, Tectonic Wall, and Rumbler colors?!

Xepthrichros

Really. Why are we stuck with default brown? Unless it's my graphics settings or whatever, I see no way to change the rubble, tectonic wall and rumbler colours from dreary brown to anything else.

Rocks are NOT just brown. There's fashion potential here that is completely ruined and wasted due to the rock colors being stuck as brown! 

250-gneiss.jpg

lapis-lazuli-rock.jpg

agates.jpg

snowflake-obsidian-tumble-istock-380.jpg

fluorescent-minerals.jpg

Surely, with so much possibilities of rock colors in the world, we can have more variety for Atlas! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

There are a lot of warframe abilities that don't match because they can't adapt your chosen colors, would be great if they did.

We just had Warframe Revisited. Would be nice if they did a Fashion Revisited. This revisit should include:

Ability special effects and their interactions with Warframe Energy and Emission settings

Passive special effects and their interactions with Warframe Energy and Emission settings

Prime special effects and their interactions with Warframe Energy and Emission settings

Immortal skins - some use the Prime model, some use the non-prime model. Confusing. Best case scenario would be to have normal and immortal coloring for both prime and non-prime, if the prime is owned.

Frames that come with optional attachments, like shoulder armor for Oberon, Banshee, Volt, Mag, Wukong etc. in at least one version of these frames (Prime, Deluxe, normal), There are some inconsistent rules about which frames get to mix the shoulder pads from their various versions, some allow you to wear the prime shoulder armor on a non-prime body and vice versa, some don't, and so on. Would be good if we are allowed more consistent mix and matching as long as we own the prime and the deluxe skins.

Various syandana and armor clipping and scaling on various frames and skins.

And probably more stuff that I cannot think of right now.

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same Problem with Atlas Prime. A lot of his rubble can't be colored not to mention that a lot of his Rubble doesn't have the Prime look yet. 

We don't need to be able to drastically change the color of his Rubble, as that could look a little weird, but I think if it was affected by our energy color just enough for some nice accents that'd be cool. 

14 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'd rather have a new effect on rubble first, tbh. Right now it's not really that good, especially for Prime.

It would be cool if his rubble was more gold or maybe more crystalized? Or perhaps more like Granite where it's really speckled and mixed but with lots of gold in it. 

Even if they don't change it though, I just hope they give the rest of his abilities the Prime treatment and fix the textures on his wall. 

Sadly, they will probably never get around to doing it. DE is too worried over rushing out content to deal with the more important issues such as these. 😂

Atlas's abilities in general deserve an aesthetic touch-up when it comes to his other variants, obviously being his Deluxe and Prime. The different Rumblers are neat for each, but the aesthetic could have been further improved if they went all out changing multiple abilities, since currently the different styles don't jive well with each other. The Prime Bulwark is neat but a bit of a disappointment since it's just a retexture, and doesn't even get colored similarly to the Rumblers.

My only guess why it's like the way it is now, is due to how Atlas's abilities are scripted in a way, where the possibility of switching or changing models of specific effects (such as the Rubble armor or Landslide's rocks)  would be difficult without having to change all of Atlas's abilities at once, no matter which variant. Not sure how they managed it with Rumblers, but I think they should really try and make it work for his others.

Now in terms of being able to color them, I feel like having them be colored similarly to how the Deluxe/Prime Rumblers already do would be fine. You could theoretically add an additional loadout slot to Atlas, probably called "Rocks" or whatever, but that probably wouldn't be necessary unless he does require one for something else (you know, like "Exalted" Landslide).

17 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

I'd rather have a new effect on rubble first, tbh. Right now it's not really that good, especially for Prime.

I could agree that a new Rubble effect could be put in order for his Prime and Deluxe, since it doesn't really fit well entirely with either, but in terms of how it looks for the Default model and in general, it's fine for how it looks. It could probably be tweaked to be positioned more like actual Armor, but the broken-up aesthetic gives off a more 'practical' and natural look to me that I don't mind. Maybe that's just me accepting how it looks after playing him for a long time.

Edited by Scruffel