Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excals radial javalin needs some visual love or maybe a rework

so as an Excalibur main I feel like his third ability could use a visual update like maybe something similar to the blades spell from fable 2 where when you cast the ability swords appear either around you or above your head then when you slam they shoot off at enemies in range. another idea could be a rework of the ability to make it a damage mitigation ability where when cast it spawns spectral blades around you that block incoming fire similar to when you use your melee to block and then when enemies get close the swords deal damage to them

• Like 4

I agree that Radial Javelin needs some major rework. Last time i was in the simulacrum, and then on sortie 3, radial javelin did NO DAMAGE, heck, the damage numbers did not even showed on the enemies, it simply just stuns enemies for a little bit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ender140 said:

I feel like Excalibur as whole will need a rework soon. But DE will keep ignoring it like what they usually do. Then they'll begrudgingly do it when enough people are angry enough then call them toxic or something. 

Nahh, his current kit, except radial javelin, is fine the way it is. His slash dash adds more mobility than damage, and staying mobile is good.

His radial blind/howl provides CC,  opens enemies to finishers too, which is perfect for a melee frame like excal.

Exalted blade is more deadly than before.

His only ability that does nothing for his kit, is radial javelin. even the augment is overshadowed by his other augments.

I would suggest to increase the damage output of radial javelin, or make it work like divine spears of nezha. 

• Like 2

First off, might wanna remove that megathread tag.

Secondly, yes. Radial Javelin does need some serious reworking. And I very much support that Fable-like ability where you gain some spectral swords that defend you by blocking a portion of damage. Imagine if they blocked damage, and on a slash dash they launch forward with you, amplifying the slash dash, but causing a blade to vanish. When a blade is spent it doubles the damage of the slash dash. That'd be some cool synergy.

• Like 2