Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blazing Step Ephemera drop rate from ESO seems too low.

MARALOHK

Blazing Step Ephemera has a drop rate of 1.01% from rotation C in ESO.
It take ~22 minutes to complete 8 zones of ESO.
At 227 runs of ESO,10% of players will not have found a single Blazing Step Ephemera.
The Blazing Step Ephemera is not tradeable, and can not be bought from the market.

This means that after 83 hours and 14 minutes in ESO, the unlucky 10% of players trying to find Blazing Step will still be disappointed.

Blazing Step Ephemera is just a cosmetic, and by many accounts, not a great one (sour grapes?); nevertheless something could be done about this. It might be time the drop rate got a buff, or the ephemera got a new home.

• Like 3

And that's assuming you get a group that wants to go for the full 8 rounds instead of dropping after round 4 because you leveled all of their weapons for them. I really don't think people should be able to level weapons in ESO.

Agreed on it not even being a good ephemera. The footprint series of ephemeras is really boring. You almost never get to see them in game because Warframe is not a game where you can see your character's footsteps, and the Vengeful series is better in every way.

Yeah it's brutal. Ephemeras were advertised as "challenge cosmetics", only to be gated behind unforgiving RNG. It got even worse when the Tenebrous Ephemera used to be only obtained from Reinforced Sentient Containers (amusingly called the Apex Memroid).

People already suggested this, but rather than make it too heavy on RNG, make it a certain requirement:

• Freezing Step: A certain number of "maxed" Thermia Fractures (4 Canisters used in one Fracture) closed.
  • Shocking Step: Killing Exploiter without letting a certain amount of Coolant Raknoids to cool her.
  • Blazing Steo: Reach Zone 14 of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught.
  • Eidolon: Capture 10 Hydrolysts.
  • Smoking Body: Honestly, one Ephemera behind RNG is okay. The Stalker himself needs be more of a threat if there were to be a certain requirement.
  • Seeding Step: Survive 10 rounds of any Arbitration modes without dying once.
  • Bleeding Body: The first and few Ephemeras that stayed true to its original purpose.
  • Vengeful Ephemeras: Killing the Lich will net you a token of some sort. Letting it reach up to Level 5 will net you a higher token gain. Trade said tokens with Palladino for the Ephemeras. For visual effects, make the Ephemeras more visible as the Lich becomes stronger and angrier.
  • Spore: Endure five rounds of Infested Salvage without letting the total health of all Vaporizers drop below 75% and without replenishing your armor.
Edited by Duality52
Forgot Spore
  • Like 2

Blazing Step is trash looking for something that can take a insane amount of Attempts. I think it took me over 300 runs or less to get one and that was when i was focusing on leveling the Kuva Chakkhurr. Having the Ephemera in a different place where it’s more worth farming wouldn’t affect how i grind it at the first place because playing with RNG to just get 1 is atrocious.

9 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Blazing Step is trash looking for something that can take a insane amount of Attempts. I think it took me over 300 runs or less to get one and that was when i was focusing on leveling the Kuva Chakkhurr. Having the Ephemera in a different place where it’s more worth farming wouldn’t affect how i grind it at the first place because playing with RNG to just get 1 is atrocious.

it takes over 10 hours, not including loading screens, not including going to the bathroom, not included eating or work

assuming u can get 3 hours in to play, it oculd take over a month of just 1 game mode, and thats if ur lucky

some people r at over 1000 runs and still dont have it, and thats at what 20 mins? per run?

that's over 300 hours just to get 1 item, and still not have it

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

10 hours ago, MercuryDjinni said:

And that's assuming you get a group that wants to go for the full 8 rounds instead of dropping after round 4 because you leveled all of their weapons for them. I really don't think people should be able to level weapons in ESO.

Some sort of restriction here would be nice, as it is quite annoying trying to farm focus and suddenly host leaves after 3rd round, and now you have no buffs and no energy to do the level.