Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's speed !

Stealthhunter

A few minutes ago i was watching the cinematic trailer for warframe and saw volt well being himself, in fact too fast in bullet time even the projectiles were slow and he was bumping into them, so i was wondering can such feature be implemented in warframe (if it's possible that would be cool in all cases) and if not why ?.

7 minutes ago, Stealthhunter said:

bullet time

Yeah, that doesn't really work in a multiplayer game 😛

You can have effects that slow down enemies / projectiles and stuff,
but speeding up a single Frame so that the world almost-stops for them only, how would that work with other players in your Squad?

• Like 4

Because coop, oline, multiplayer, how would you implet a slow mow for you while the other players and enemys would move normal around for others?

It is not possible in this game with its code simply. COmplciated to program aslong the game wouldn't had started with such in mind.

Then having to balance it with  and around keeping it activated and deactivated liek keep running into a Nullifier or enemies able to disable it at any time, it would be a nightmare for the framerate and performance.

Edit: Why i not like the latest trailers, back then the Warframe Trailers showed what you actually could do in game, now its every genereic Triple A trailer to show off sadly. Overused effects and fancy graphics but not representing or showing the godo gamepaly aspects.

Edited by Marine027

Maybe it could be an AoE ability. Volt does apply the speed buff to everyone in the team so it could slow down time for everyone as well, perhaps while everyone still speeds up. To create a truer illusion of massive speed. Maybe some special effects on that sense too, a bit like Gauss's first.

Tho I'd like the speed to stay nonetheless. Handy buff imo.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Volt does apply the speed buff to everyone in the team so it could slow down time for everyone as well

But there's a range limit on that buff (and also a way to turn it off once affected).

Plus of course there's the whole (current) Speed actually making you move faster thing,
not just relative to enemies but indeed allowing you to complete missions faster,
while a "world slowdown" effect wouldn't help with that at all, it's an entirely different effect in a way.

An effect that's also kind of A LOT stronger than what a 25 Energy ability should deliver, BTW 😛

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

But there's a range limit on that buff (and also a way to turn it off once affected).

Plus of course there's the whole (current) Speed actually making you move faster thing,
not just relative to enemies but indeed allowing you to complete missions faster,
while a "world slowdown" effect wouldn't help with that at all, it's an entirely different effect in a way.

An effect that's also kind of A LOT stronger than what a 25 Energy ability should deliver, BTW 😛

That's very true. I'm satisfied with the ability as it currently is, but the time slowing would be a rather cool bonus effect. Mostly for the feel we get from the trailer, that is.

I'm still waiting on that Mag augment that makes her catch bullets like in the trailer lmao. Even if I think it wouldn't be as cool as the trailer depicts even if eventually released.