Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guard Kubrows and Kavats

LycosCT3

I was looking at my Nutrio Incubator the other day and realized, "Wow, I have a lot of critters I don't really use. I wish there was some way I could still have them out and about instead of in stasis."

Later that day after doing some Scarlet Spear Railjack it clicked.

DE, can we please have ship upgrade or research option that would let us have some type of medbay (lower deck seems to have plenty of space) so we could have our extra Kubrows and Kavats out on our Railjack? it's large enough and would provide an excellent opportunity for guard animals while doing Railjack missions.

Of course there would be limitations, we don't want people to have 100 critters clogging up their ship, but maybe a squad of guard animals could be a thing. Up to 4 in your guard squad. It could lend to some cool combinations and would give us an opportunity to show off our extra cool pets to visitors on our ships.

The guard squad would help with boarding parties, and if they are "killed" they would return to the medbay where they would be revived.

If the idea became reality, maybe even new mods specific to being on a Railjack could be implemented. The guard pet idea could also be expanded to Moa pets and perhaps any other companions added later in the game.

Just a thought, but I thought it was a pretty good thought.

Any other thoughts, Tenno?

• Like 16

I've asked for similiar to this two or three times. The last time asking for it to be an option in the command spec that they are still working on. I've got 99 Beast Companions, Being able to use them while also there with Khora... 6 companions. ❤️❤️❤️ 

• Like 1

On 2020-04-04 at 8:59 PM, AreeSoothsayer said:

I've asked for similiar to this two or three times. The last time asking for it to be an option in the command spec that they are still working on. I've got 99 Beast Companions, Being able to use them while also there with Khora... 6 companions. ❤️❤️❤️ 

99 pets. Wow! That's impressive. Is 99 the cap?

29 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

My 100th beast companion will be the first born when they add the system where each one can have a different combination of head and rear. Like the kavats. 

Is this planned, or just something you want to see happening?

I need to look into what is going into Pets 2.0 cause I LOVE pets. I don't always use mine cause if I'm rushing on a mission I hate when my pet is lagging behind. I will run to my death to revive my pet... I think working on the pet A.I. would be good.

Tried to find the stream where they talked about it all but... could not find it. So I'll mention what I remember.

Switchable head and read on the Kubrows.

Pets will have commands that will be found on the gear wheel.... dunno what that means for arbitrations.

I think I recall them mentioning reworking some of their skills as well.

They're also removing the cryo system. You will have all your beast companions live. So you can have Kubrow A on your Volt and Kubrow B on Valkyr using the loadout. Switching loadouts will switch the pets as well,

THEORY: With the removal of the cryo system, BABY kavats and Kubrows will roam freely through the oribiter.

Right now though they're working on Scarlet and the upcoming Corpus event so I don't expect it soon,.

• Like 2

That sounds pretty cool. I hope the rework is decent cause I feel like the pets need a shot of tough to make them more... formidable. So for someone like you I wonder what it will mean for 99 pets. Will they all be free roaming around your orbiter? Sounds like it could get hectic.

give us an AI rework first before doing anything else with pets. right now you could give them any number of functions, and they'd fail at the lot due to how brain-dead stupid they are. once they are made to be a bit smarter, then by all means, let's try and bring pets to their full potential with new types, new mods and more places within the game, but with current AI, that's not really feasible.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Tried to find the stream where they talked about it all but... could not find it. So I'll mention what I remember.

Switchable head and read on the Kubrows.

Pets will have commands that will be found on the gear wheel.... dunno what that means for arbitrations.

I think I recall them mentioning reworking some of their skills as well.

They're also removing the cryo system. You will have all your beast companions live. So you can have Kubrow A on your Volt and Kubrow B on Valkyr using the loadout. Switching loadouts will switch the pets as well,

THEORY: With the removal of the cryo system, BABY kavats and Kubrows will roam freely through the oribiter.

Right now though they're working on Scarlet and the upcoming Corpus event so I don't expect it soon,.

I remember that dev stream. It's one of the last ones to feature Sheldon.

I do hope the option to change heads and tails is made available to Kavats as well alongside energy color changes. I really dislike my Adarza's neon-cyan fishtail as it is looks horrible no matter the color combination or armor.

On 2020-04-04 at 11:39 AM, LycosCT3 said:

I was looking at my Nutrio Incubator the other day and realized, "Wow, I have a lot of critters I don't really use. I wish there was some way I could still have them out and about instead of in stasis."

Later that day after doing some Scarlet Spear Railjack it clicked.

DE, can we please have ship upgrade or research option that would let us have some type of medbay (lower deck seems to have plenty of space) so we could have our extra Kubrows and Kavats out on our Railjack? it's large enough and would provide an excellent opportunity for guard animals while doing Railjack missions.

Of course there would be limitations, we don't want people to have 100 critters clogging up their ship, but maybe a squad of guard animals could be a thing. Up to 4 in your guard squad. It could lend to some cool combinations and would give us an opportunity to show off our extra cool pets to visitors on our ships.

The guard squad would help with boarding parties, and if they are "killed" they would return to the medbay where they would be revived.

If the idea became reality, maybe even new mods specific to being on a Railjack could be implemented. The guard pet idea could also be expanded to Moa pets and perhaps any other companions added later in the game.

Just a thought, but I thought it was a pretty good thought.

Any other thoughts, Tenno?

While I really like the idea, I don't think it could be implemented unless the pet squad's abilities are disabled. Otherwise, it would be an obviously exploitable tactic to stack 4 Adarzas with Cat's Eye or 4 Smeetas with Charm.

23 hours ago, LycosCT3 said:

I think an aura mod that made pets tougher would be nice too.

It exists:

latest?cb=20190918201432

Edited by Jarriaga

17 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I do hope the option to change heads and tails is made available to Kavats as well alongside energy color changes. I really dislike my Adarza's neon-cyan fishtail as it is looks horrible no matter the color combination or armor.

You misunderstood. They're not controllable changes. The Kubrow will have random head and rear combinations upon hatching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

You misunderstood. They're not controllable changes. The Kubrow will have random head and rear combinations upon hatching.

Queue me some sad memes. The reason my Adarza's tail is so ugly stems from me not knowing there were other tails and energy colors until it had 6 forma already, so I've been hoping for a way to change that.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

Queue me some sad memes. The reason my Adarza's tail is so ugly stems from me not knowing there were other tails and energy colors until it had 6 forma already, so I've been hoping for a way to change that.

Noper. You'd have to have a new fur baby.

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

If that's any consolation, I think the guppy tail is one of the prettiest, and cyan is the coolest energy colour. I've been incubating randomly a lot the past week, trying to get an Adarza with cyan energy, but all I get is gold.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I remember that dev stream. It's one of the last ones to feature Sheldon.

While I really like the idea, I don't think it could be implemented unless the pet squad's abilities are disabled. Otherwise, it would be an obviusly explotable tactic to stack 4 Adarzas with Cat's Eye or 4 Smeetas with Charm.

It exists:

latest?cb=20190918201432

Hmm... while that mod is nice, I don't know if its nice enough to replace existing aura mods. I think they could do a something like limiting certain mods in pet squads on railjack. They could figure it out. I just want my cool guard animals on my flying death machine 😄

9 hours ago, LycosCT3 said:

I think they could do a something like limiting certain mods in pet squads on railjack. 

It's simple: because the guard pets are equipped on the railjack, not the warframe, precept mods could be disabled - altogether, or they would only buff the beast pack, not the warframes. And their only use is repelling ramslead teams, so they're not too op.

I think that would work well. Part of it is that our Railjacks feel so empty, I think guard pets would be super nice, and those who like Moas over beasts could have their guard robots. I just get so excited when thinking about this possibility. Please DE PLEASE GIVE US THIS!!!