The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corinth Prime lost its uniqueness

AceAl24

23 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

unknown.png

But are you really seeing the higher air burst damage? Coz i fired it into a group of enemies and it dealt less than that 2.2k damage
Enemy levels and armour aside, on numbers alone my current Corinth Prime should have a potential of at least 25k airburst total damage, which I've failed to see.
Is this a known bug?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bloop said:

How is it a bandaid? Explain your case, I've already explained mine.

Shooting your secondary while your primary reloads is not a bandaid, it's called efficiency.

Because I dont have to change playstyle to fix things. 

1 minute ago, CowardPantato said:

But are you really seeing the higher air burst damage? Coz i fired it into a group of enemies and it dealt less than that 2.2k damage
Enemy levels and armour aside, on numbers alone my current Corinth Prime should have a potential of at least 25k airburst total damage, which I've failed to see.
Is this a known bug?

The bug is that multishot currently is not applying to air burst, which DE already mentioned and is waiting for a fix.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

0 x 5 is still 0. If it still doesnt do dmg after the buff, then its a waste of ammo. And the fact that they added a longer, basic reload to make up for the extra magazine it resulted in while doing piss poor damage, is a downgrade (not having higher dmg than base ver.).

Yep. Totally not biased. It's not "0" damage and you know that. But you don't like the fact that it is an improvement. It destroys everything in one shot up to high levels that isn't fully stacked with armor. And you do have primary fire to deal with those. You're purposefully ignoring these things just so you can be right. 

More ammo, same dmg while having better reload speed and mechanic. Better range. Prime is trading those for useless improvements.

Today i learned that 5 shots and total of 2.3s reload is better than 20 shots and a 3s reload. This is surely the way to impress DE to change things or take your credit. When you start lying and ignoring facts. Besides where did you get that better range from? Primary fire falloff is the same for both and the Prime's altfire has got a little bit more range on the explosion actually...

Try harder.

I was trying to be polite but now i'm convinced that you're just trolling so i'm gonna leave it at that. I hope you got entertained at least.

6 minutes ago, CowardPantato said:

Is this a known bug?

If it explodes from further away, enemies can take up to 90% less damage due to falloff. This is what i've taken against ancient healers because they don't have armor to weaken those numbers. Also 2 empty mod slots (not even a riven on it):

unknown.png?width=958&height=251

That orange crit was super lucky to be honest. But i'm using vigilante set bonus which is sitting on my sentinel's weapon. So the only bug that's currently there is that multishot does NOT affect it's altfire. But DE is already aware of it and gonna fix it probably within the next patch.

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Like 2

Just now, IceColdHawk said:

If it explodes from further away, enemies can take up to 90% less damage due to falloff. This is what i've taken against ancient healers because they don't have armor to weaken those numbers. Also 2 empty mod slots:

How close are you to them may I ask?
and how do you estimate when to detonate coz you know. 
that pellet "big"

Just now, CowardPantato said:

How close are you to them may I ask?

Uhm... depends on the scenario? Sometimes i pop immediately or sometimes i let it fly until it reaches the enemies' head.

1 minute ago, CowardPantato said:

and how do you estimate when to detonate coz you know. 
that pellet "big"

Obviously you gonna try to detonate it as close as possible. In most cases it isn't necessary though and the damage is enough to still destroy enemies with some falloff.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

It's not "0" damage and you know that.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

up to high levels that isn't fully stacked with armor.

I see, My mistake was assuming my favorite weapon for high level content wouldnt be gimped for an "upgrade" that does jack S#&$ at high level content.  Please post more one shots to enemies from the faction thats made of papier mache to prove your point. It's going great.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Today i learned that 5 shots and total of 2.3s reload is better than 20 shots and a 3s reload.

17 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

So a reload that allows me to cast abilities or dodge without having to start it over is inferior to an uninterruptable 3 second reload in this game!? Sound logic there.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Besides where did you get that better range from?

From the guy that wants me to sacrifice Fatal Acceleration for Lock n Load

5 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I hope you got entertained at least.

As you can see, not in the slightest. Correcting your retorts is really tiring in fact. So I'll leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Uhm... depends on the scenario? Sometimes i pop immediately or sometimes i let it fly until it reaches the enemies' head.

Obviously you gonna try to detonate it as close as possible. In most cases it isn't necessary though and the damage is enough to still destroy enemies with some falloff.

Guess I'll just wait till DE fix the multishot issue before attempting to evaluate this gun again.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Orcus Imperium said:

Excuse you? my brother's Corinth prime two shots level 140 corrupt gunners. what build are you using?!

Im talking about air burst, not primary fire. Excuse yourself. With primary I oneshot lvl 170. Burst doesnt 2shot 140. Not even with the viral Cryotra i forgot to unequip.

Edited by T-Shark69

Il y a 12 heures, T-Shark69 a dit :

Excuse yourself. With primary I oneshot lvl 170. Burst doesnt 2shot 140. Not even with the viral Cryotra i forgot to unequip.

It's totally possible to 2-shot lvl140 corrupted heavy gunners with the corinth prime's alt fire. Here's a short demonstration:

https://streamable.com/9vd1av

That wasn't even an optimal build. And no cryotra, cat crits, abilities or arcanes. Looking carefully, you'll notice one of them was almost one-shot. And don't forget the 90% damage falloff. I mean, no offense buddy but... have you considered that, maybe, you don't know how to use that gun as well as you think yo do? Detonating the grenade at the right place/moment is very important, and requires good timing.

Edited by Robolaser

Stat-wise, Corinth Prime is completely fine and definitely an upgrade over the regular one. The alt-fire is ridiculous (even before the multishot fix, cannot wait for that to drop on Switch) and the primary fire was already strong enough, now with more magazine/fire rate.

It's a very effective 2-in-1 primary weapon, and it's my new favourite primary for sure.

In terms of the uniqueness of the reload, I can definitely buy this although I don't really miss it myself. If they were to bring it back, it should reload 4 shots in my opinion so it's the same as before and a direct reload upgrade.

Overall, Corinth Prime is a worthy upgrade and is straight up better performance wise, so I don't think there's any real need for people to scream bloody murder over it since some people decided they don't like it.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Robolaser said:

That wasn't even an optimal build..

Share it.

you don't know

Keep your opinions to yourself and share the build. I have a feeling its S#&$ for primary.

Detonating the grenade at the right place/moment is very important, and requires good timing

Add it to the list of shortcomings to that disappointment of a weapon. Read DE.

Edited by T-Shark69

Il y a 2 heures, T-Shark69 a dit :

Share it.

Is it that hard to say please?

Keep your opinions to yourself and share the build. I have a feeling its S#&$ for primary

Who do you think you are, asking me to keep my opinion to myself? You don't, i won't. Difference is i'm polite and you've been awfully toxic, also i back up my words with evidence. Of course the build isn't primary focused, what do you expect? The point is to show it is doable, contrary to what you claimed. Your attempts at diversion and lame excuses won't fool anyone.

The previous video was made using a riven, but since i supose you'll object, here's a no riven, no CP, no nothing demonstration, build included:

https://streamable.com/17j0ep

Add it to the list of shortcomings to that disappointment of a weapon. Read DE.

So you don't like that it requires practice, dare i say skill? ... uh i think i'm starting to see a pattern here.

Edited by Robolaser

Am 9.4.2020 um 00:09 schrieb T-Shark69:

Keep your opinions to yourself and share the build. I have a feeling its S#&$ for primary.

Dafuq is going on there?
Your Riven is better than mine, our builds are similar, there is clearly corrosive procs being dealt so it can't be the game not applying the mods, yet your secondary fire looks like someone is firing party poppers.
In starting to wonder if the secondary fire is broken in more ways than just multishot.

16 hours ago, FullMetalFox said:

Dafuq is going on there?
Your Riven is better than mine, our builds are similar, there is clearly corrosive procs being dealt so it can't be the game not applying the mods, yet your secondary fire looks like someone is firing party poppers.
In starting to wonder if the secondary fire is broken in more ways than just multishot.

Multishot wil help secondary.The +to grineer might help things too since its multiplicative to all your damage, not additive with serration. Think of it as a Rhino roar against Grineer.Try it without riven. How does it go?

Edit : NVM they borked simulacrum somehow. Can't access it.

Edited by T-Shark69

vor 2 Stunden schrieb T-Shark69:

Multishot wil help secondary.The +to grineer might help things too since its multiplicative to all your damage, not additive with serration. Think of it as a Rhino roar against Grineer.Try it without riven. How does it go?

Edit : NVM they borked simulacrum somehow. Can't access it.

Yeah cant access it either, respawns me at the relay.
Thou i dont think the +Grineer works here as Corrupted Heavy Gunners should count as Corrupted, thou it might be yet another thing being borked.

Normally i wouldnt pay much attention to this as i view the secondary as more of a trash mob clearing thing, but the difference between your video and what ive seen on mine was literally a WTF moment for me.