Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Enemies are to fast for Scanners

Drag0nhunt

So... I've been trying to scan the Sentient Archwing enemies in the Murex MIssions, but they are almost not scannable because they are to fast. Even when I get close to them, to scan them, ether they or some random Crewship is snipping me away.
So can we get an better scan-method for Archwing/Railjack like an Avionik or some new Scanner, i know Astral Autopsy is a thing, but it doesn't seem to work right when fighting a Railjack enemy with Archwing Melee, because it does very little damage.

• Like 3

This - an avionic that scans things that are destroyed with the Railjack's turrets is probably the easiest solution..  Trying to scan things in Railjack is a pain with the regular codex/synthesis scanner, and arguably worse with Astral Autopsy relying on Archmelee.  With the sentient fighters in particular, even with the slow from Amesha's 3 they are still quite difficult to scan.  The Gyrix (or whatever the heck the spiral spinny one is called) in particular is the most difficult because it seems that only the small center pieceof the fighter registers as scannable.  The Ionyx wasn't as bad, and the only semi-reliable way that I've found to scan the Splinters (which don't seem to have a codex entry despite also dropping avionics) is to park the railjack somewhere inside the murex and hope one gets stuck long enough for you to get out there and scan it. 

Edited by Lokidus_Prime

there's technically a solution but nobody likes it. There is a scanning mod for archmelee that scans on kill like the heliocor melee weapon. Which really sucks for this event because the magnetic lock on archmelee really doesn't work with railjack enemies. Pretty much need to use amesha like in the above post.

57 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

there's technically a solution but nobody likes it. There is a scanning mod for archmelee that scans on kill like the heliocor melee weapon. Which really sucks for this event because the magnetic lock on archmelee really doesn't work with railjack enemies. Pretty much need to use amesha like in the above post.

OP already mentioned Astral Autopsy. It's definitely not a feasible option.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Drag0nhunt said:

i know Astral Autopsy is a thing, but it doesn't seem to work right when fighting a Railjack enemy with Archwing Melee, because it does very little damage.

Not only that, but as far as I know the lock-on for arch melee is still broken.

Best solution I can give for easiest way to scan without the scanner is to do a Railjack mission with a friend, have your friend voidhole the group of enemies, and now that they can't move go to town and kill them with the astral autopsy arch melee.