The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New assasin dagger?

Shanguish

2 hours ago, Shanguish_Alfa said:

can it become real a new dagger (prime) wich passive is make u invisible like skiajati? i want my ash prime to become badass lol :v

Probably Karyst, it was made by Tenno and used by an exclusive order of assassins, would be nice to get our first solo dagger prime, this being the perfect candidate

• Like 1

Just... use the skiajati then? Daggers are possibly the worst weapon class in the game for finishers, even with covert lethality. Though hopefully, some day DE will change that. I guess you technically didn't say anything about finishers, I'm just used to that being what people are after on Ash.

i think there's also an arcane that lets any melee finisher have a chance of turning you invisible, but the activation chance on it looks terribly unreliable. Probably not worth using.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Just... use the skiajati then? Daggers are possibly the worst weapon class in the game for finishers, even with covert lethality. Though hopefully, some day DE will change that. I guess you technically didn't say anything about finishers, I'm just used to that being what people are after on Ash.

i think there's also an arcane that lets any melee finisher have a chance of turning you invisible, but the activation chance on it looks terribly unreliable. Probably not worth using.

It's a really bizarre state of affairs when the least stealthy melee weapon classes in the game, i.e. hammers and heavy blades, are the best at stealth finishers, while daggers are among the worst, and so due to specially-assigned stealth damage multipliers. Not sure what the train of thought was when balancing melee that way.

Beyond that, though, I agree that the Skiajati is probably the best bet for stealth play, though this also highlights the fact that there aren't really any stealth-oriented daggers right now, which should normally be a pretty obvious niche to fill. I'd totally go for a dagger that made me invisible while standing still or the like, that could make for some really fun plays.

7 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

It's a really bizarre state of affairs when the least stealthy melee weapon classes in the game, i.e. hammers and heavy blades, are the best at stealth finishers, while daggers are among the worst, and so due to specially-assigned stealth damage multipliers. Not sure what the train of thought was when balancing melee that way.

Beyond that, though, I agree that the Skiajati is probably the best bet for stealth play, though this also highlights the fact that there aren't really any stealth-oriented daggers right now, which should normally be a pretty obvious niche to fill. I'd totally go for a dagger that made me invisible while standing still or the like, that could make for some really fun plays.

Not only that, but aside from Zaws we haven’t had a proper crit-based dagger. Dual blades have had a consistent batch of crit weapons, and dual daggers recently had Fang Prime buffed for crit/hybrid.

So when are we getting a crit-based dagger? I’ve been waiting for years, probably well before the Banshee Prime Access. 

And thematically speaking daggers, dual daggers, and dual blades have been noted to be high dexterity weapons for Rangers/Rogues (classes that are meant to bolster high speed, accuracy, crit). Why are single-handed daggers being shafted from being proper crit weapons in Warframe when this has been a popular theme across most genres of fantasy? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Not only that, but aside from Zaws we haven’t had a proper crit-based dagger. Dual blades have had a consistent batch of crit weapons, and dual daggers recently had Fang Prime buffed for crit/hybrid.

So when are we getting a crit-based dagger? I’ve been waiting for years, probably well before the Banshee Prime Access. 

And thematically speaking daggers, dual daggers, and dual blades have been noted to be high dexterity weapons for Rangers/Rogues (classes that are meant to bolster high speed, accuracy, crit). Why are single-handed daggers being shafted from being proper crit weapons in Warframe when this has been a popular theme across most genres of fantasy? 

Shafted for not being to properly stealth kill while it is an proper assassin weapon but somehow hammers are stealthier, imagine bashing someone with a giant hammer and nobody hears those bones breaking, it makes total sense 

• 2 weeks later...
En 15/4/2020 a las 7:57, ShaKaL95 dijo:

Probably Karyst, it was made by Tenno and used by an exclusive order of assassins, would be nice to get our first solo dagger prime, this being the perfect candidate

it would be PERFECT, a karyst prime with new passive, i already love the normal version, but would be so badass if that can be primed

Remember when covert lethality would one hit kill anything that would take finishers? Except "The Wolf" ? 

While that was unbalanced, I think that dagger finishers should have some kind of ignore armor and ignore shields on finishers. And have that true damage be exclusive to dagger finishers. 

I do understand daggers being made to be a blade hidden in the silk. Thus the much lower damage, but here, there's no sleeping enemies to assassinate during their sleep, making the weapon much less tactically sound. (That still doesn't stop me from taking my Heat Dagger out for a spin, I love that weapon, and Nezha's dagger skin is fire!) I wish that daggers could be more than just really short swords. If not for getting more finisher damage, have more finisher opening combos.

I don't remember what stance I have on my okina, but it often knocks enemies down, opening them up to ground finishers. Well, picture a dagger stance that would open to finishers like the parizon, except, it's a dagger, and you hit the guy 4 times, he still has two thirds of his health. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

I think that dagger finishers should have some kind of ignore armor and ignore shields on finishers. And have that true damage be exclusive to dagger finishers. 

All melees deal true damage on stealth finishers, daggers need more stealth damage multipliers.

23 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

there is an arcane for that...it procs fairly often especially with ash

Yes, Arcane Trickery, good when it procs cause you got 30 seconds, but he wants a specific trait for a prime dagger,our first prime dagger..