Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Force afk players out of railjack stations

Zectico

That's probably pretty complicated because at present the way (as far as I am aware) that the game determines inactivity is by tracking the location of the frame. I assume that is being suspended when people are entering the stations to prevent active players from being flagged as false positives. 

Hmm, I think I'd want to escalate that to kicking rights for the railjack owner. Non-afk players can be potentially more annoying that afk players and it matters a lot more on the RJ that you have a functioning team than it does on a ground mission. Like.... thanks for refining all the cubic diodes so we can't make any more revolite, guess that catastrophic failure ain't getting repaired.

Edited by (NSW)Quarky
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I assume that is being suspended when people are entering the stations to prevent active players from being flagged as false positives.

I believe it's the other way around... active players being deemed afk from within turrets. Not sure about Pilots.

19 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I believe it's the other way around... active players being deemed afk from within turrets. Not sure about Pilots.

I know it used to be that if you where in your operator the game would flag you because your warframe wasn't moving, So it wouldn't completely surprise me if the game was flagging people as AFK even tho they where actively shooting enemies from the turrets. 

Now I'm kinda curious if that's a thing or not. 

Tho it raises a question as to what triggers would be the most advantageous to cue off of when it comes to things that require the player to be stationary. 

40 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I know it used to be that if you where in your operator the game would flag you because your warframe wasn't moving, So it wouldn't completely surprise me if the game was flagging people as AFK even tho they where actively shooting enemies from the turrets. 

Now I'm kinda curious if that's a thing or not. 

Tho it raises a question as to what triggers would be the most advantageous to cue off of when it comes to things that require the player to be stationary. 

I feel there could stand to be improvements to the afk system in game.. though there's also the matter of whether a party is ok with their friend going to answer the door or take a bio-break.. whatever the case. I feel there should be some sort of exception that can be used for AFK if the whole party agrees.. but implementing that so that is both convenient and not abused in any way is a tall order. A shared gear item? No idea.

• Like 1

The was I was thinking was to allow outside players to replace those in a station if the person in the station hasn't moved their mouse in a while.

An afk player won't be removed automatically, but instead needs someone else to try to enter the station.

Am 22.4.2020 um 01:12 schrieb kapn655321:

I feel there should be some sort of exception that can be used for AFK if the whole party agrees.. but implementing that so that is both convenient and not abused in any way is a tall order. A shared gear item? No idea.

I mean... why not allow someone to be kicked out of a party? That would also help in regular missions, where some people are just $&*^s. I've had games with friends set up where one random player just left afk without any word and then got toxic because we forced a mission after waiting a solid 5 minuts and with 2 warnings in chat that we would do so.

I'm not sure what brought DE to the decision to have their squads be set up like that without the option to boot players out, but it's everything but a positive experience for people who try to set up a squad.

15 minutes ago, Animus_Nocturnus said:

We don't have videos with people trolling with that because it's not applicable to a PvE game.

It's applicable to any game that has it, and guess what? No PvE game has one. That's why it should stay that way.
Games that have one have shown us how busted it is to give power to trolls.

Edited by EDM774

38 minutes ago, Animus_Nocturnus said:

We don't have videos with people trolling with that because it's not applicable to a PvE game.

That's mighty naive. You don't fix trolling by arming trolls with a mechanic they love to use. There are solutions in how afk detection and matchmaking can work. No party kick in PvE. I'm out of this thread, because man.. I've had this discussion dozens of times before.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb EDM774:

It's applicable to any game that has it, and guess what? No PvE game has one. That's why it should stay that way.
Games that have one have shown us how busted it is to give power to trolls.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb kapn655321:

That's mighty naive. You don't fix trolling by arming trolls with a mechanic they love to use. There are solutions in how afk detection and matchmaking can work. No party kick in PvE. I'm out of this thread, because man.. I've had this discussion dozens of times before.

Have you guys ever had a D/C in Warframe?

Do you know what happens, if you're suddenly not connected to your group anymore?

Do you know what happens, if the host of the group leaves the session?

You're thrown into a group where the player with the strongest connection is the new host.

If you've had a D/C, you're directed back into the group, if the group is still playing. If the group isn't playing, you get all the junk you've gathered and get back into your orbiter.

There is ZERO consequence of being not connected to the group anymore in Warframe.

Meanwhile, if you're in a group with friends and want to keep playing with them, you've got 3 options:

1. Fill out the entire group with people you know. If some of them don't have time right now, refer to points 2 and/or 3
  2. Make it a private group. If you want to offer other people a chance to keep playing with you guys, well suck it up, not gonna happen.
  3. Leave the group and gather it anew after every #*!%ing mission, because some random guy decided to get potty trained during the loading screen on the way back to the orbiter.

Do you know what you can do against someone refusing to leave the piloting chair of your Railjack?

You can leave and start the mission that asshat spend your whole ordenance on anew.

Do you know what you can do against someone using up your whole ordenance?

You can take your finger and push it inside your rectum. Will it help? No, but you can't do anything else against it, so why don't you at least massage your own prostate while you're getting #*!%ed anyway?

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Dude, I'm over that whole thing. You can search a number of threads of the same topic. You have the right to your opinion, but I'm not about it.

You know I was gonna pull the "play solo" card on that guy, but I think your idea of not bothering with him anymore is better, so I'm gonna do that too.