Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption Missions Need Fixing

AshenHaze

Disruption missions are the textbook definition of  something "unfun". 

The audible queue for the demoman gets completely drowned out by the action/explosion noises and sometimes coms. The pathing is a pain in the posterior to key into. Not to mention that sometimes they still spawn just way too close to the terminal, giving players not enough time at all.

Is this  going to be fixed at all or is Disruption abandonware already?

• Like 4

Label the Demolyst spawning too close a quick time event and DE claiming to be a challenge for veterans. its a pain if not using Magus Lockdown and/or Khora's 2. Lua is the worst map where the map by default is ruined orokin which makes moving difficult and locating entry ways for the demolyst to come from difficult.

i can buy the audio cue potentially getting lost in the other stuff the game likes to constantly spam audio wise.
on rare occasions Demolysts can Spawn surprisingly close to the Terminal, very Tile dependent though.

you lost me on the rest however.
Disruption is overall the best Gamemode in the game if you ask me.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i can buy the audio cue potentially getting lost in the other stuff the game likes to constantly spam audio wise.
on rare occasions Demolysts can Spawn surprisingly close to the Terminal, very Tile dependent though.

you lost me on the rest however.
Disruption is overall the best Gamemode in the game if you ask me.

Agreed. It's by far the most engaging game mode, one that requires you to stay on your toes and be mindful, and gives out decent rewards at a decent pace. 

Unless you are going for endurance, demolysts can easily be killed in the span of time they take to explode, with passable gear. 

• Like 4

I loved when the first event was introduced, with Alad speaking 24/7, which was bothersome when you were trying to hear for the audio clue.

But other than that, Disruption are pretty garbage imo, but that's mainly because I hate two things in Warframe : bullet sponges and abilities nullifying. So I cannot possibly enjoy this content. I don't even understand the bulletsponginess of Disruptors, sometimes they're gone in two shots, sometimes I can throw all my magazines and melee hits on his face and he doesn't even care. Sigh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewarette said:

I loved when the first event was introduced, with Alad speaking 24/7, which was bothersome when you were trying to hear for the audio clue.

But other than that, Disruption are pretty garbage imo, but that's mainly because I hate two things in Warframe : bullet sponges and abilities nullifying. So I cannot possibly enjoy this content. I don't even understand the bulletsponginess of Disruptors, sometimes they're gone in two shots, sometimes I can throw all my magazines and melee hits on his face and he doesn't even care. Sigh.

Assuming they still operate the same as they did in the event, their shields are unique in that they flatly zero out all health-damage that would be received, until broken. Theoretically, a pure toxin attack would never damage them as it would never hit the shield (of course), nor successfully damage health. So, if you've modded heavy Tox and aren't breaking through them promptly, there's most of your damage not working.

Another possible contribution to 'inconsistencies' is that their Nullifier pulse wears all the 'hats' of the real Nullifiers - including blocking everything that hits it. For that short (but constantly repeated) pulse duration, your bullets would not get through to hit the Demo unit, and melee doesn't fare much better, having always been tenuous at best on deciding if it's 'allowed' to hit through a Nullifier bubble.