The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why penalize people that pass MR tests?

4 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Pointless maybe, subjective surely. Perhaps when they redo the new player experience something can be looked at to improve the system without invalidating seven years of players all sharing the MR experience. I personally do not approve of excessive monetization in video games as it incentivises the worst in players, and Warframe treads a fine line with it tho I feel they have done better than any other free to play title. As of right now, sure you can buy a lot of frames and weapons and can level them rather quickly however in this game even with all the plat in the world we are all just another player who must spend the time as those who did before and will come after. I personally would only allow up to MR 6 without a time gate in the games current state as that would cover a good deal of content and would be helpful for new players in the current setup of the games systems. There are many systems that need to be overhauled new player experience, and progression off the top of my head without going into spoiler territory before MR needs to be. As I see it the MR issue is a symptom not the actual problem.

It is a tricky issue and since in general most players have a negative perception for those who buy their way to the top in games since it does not yield experience just a hollow representation of it. 

That said, you can practice MR tests whenever you want at Cephalon Simaris in any Relay. Little hallway on the right when you fast travel to his room. Every mastery rank test in the game is there once you have the xp required and prerequisite MR you can practice the test before taking it. If you want to ensure you get your MR passed every day for a month that's the way to go. 

Be well.

People that spend lots of plat on the game are the ones that contribute to the games overall economy and stability of this game.It makes zero sense to hate on people that pay to win because their would be no plat at all or trading of it if people didn’t spend to get things an de wouldn’t have money and come out with updates if people didnt spend on the game.At the end of the day it’s the people that don’t take responsibility for their money are the ones that get hurt.Lucky I’m rich and have a lots of money saved  to buy thing in this so I have no worries.

i definitely agree that they should redo the new player experience and you made a good point about mr being a side effect of the issue. Use to play on Xbox when the game come out in 2013. I hated at the time because of how confusing it was at the time and that no one would talk or help me in chat either. Came back to the game on switch with a fair paying job and now I’m enjoying this game more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)InductiveBag46 said:

Up until at least mr 5 there shouldn't be any cool downs, had plenty of friends who were excited to try warframe but the second they started having fun, they run into an instant 24h roadblock

Totally agree with you cool downs on low mr ranks won’t matter as much because you can go by this fast from leveling stuff up.

• Like 1

En 1/5/2020 a las 8:30, (NSW)JJA209 dijo:

I think it’s too much time  but that’s just my veiw on it tho and I respect your opinion.I mean if your excelling in something then you should be able to progress to the next challenge i think instead of  being held back.

You are not excelling in anything pal .

4 hours ago, (XB1)InductiveBag46 said:

Up until at least mr 5 there shouldn't be any cool downs, had plenty of friends who were excited to try warframe but the second they started having fun, they run into an instant 24h roadblock

That's the thing tho, the 24hr roadblock as you put it is there precisely to pace new players because DE does not want people clearing the whole starchart in one day. 

For the most part the tests accomplish t hat seamlessly, the major problem is when people get hit with the cooldown on failure. Which gets frustrating and fast especially for newer players. Which is why I'm a firm proponent of shifting the cooldown from on attempt to on completion. Let people try until they complete it, let them get that feelgood moment and move on instead of continually slapping their hand in a way that adds nothing to the game. 

In short order you reach a point where the MR required for each new test isn't practical to gain in a 24hr window anyhow so even the cooldown on completion becomes practically a non issue. So it acomplishes it's goal of pacing newer players (and to a degree weeding out scam accounts) but becomes naturally less intrusive over time. Where as now it is equally obnoxious from the start till the finish because most of the time when you fail you just end up feeling cheated as nine times out of ten it's a quick (less than a minute) fix that means the difference between success and failure. 

To which the shtick is usually "just run the practice tests then and git gud" but frankly the fact that the practice tests exist at all already invalidates any weight the test proper might have once held. So DE might as well roll them into one cohesive entity and just let people try until they pass, eliminate potentially putting off players who fail by sitting them down in the time out chair but retaining the desired timegate by holding each new test off for at least 24hrs. 

Edited by Oreades

Il y a 4 heures, (XB1)InductiveBag46 a dit :

There is no roadblock. You still can play, craft and level up weapons or frames. The affinity continue to stack even if you can't pass the test. Which means that as soon as the 24h time gate is over, you can pas the next MR test instantly.

Mastery ranks are not levels like in many other games. Focusing on that instead of what is realy interesting or the discovery of the game mechanics was the best way for your friends to create their own roadblock. 

13 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

There is no roadblock. You still can play, craft and level up weapons or frames. The affinity continue to stack even if you can't pass the test. Which means that as soon as the 24h time gate is over, you can pas the next MR test instantly.

Mastery ranks are not levels like in many other games. Focusing on that instead of what is realy interesting or the discovery of the game mechanics was the best way for your friends to create their own roadblock. 

4 minutes ago, HexOmega111x said:

Too many players (including many on the forums) use MR as a 'level'...like the whole "Oh look at MR28...." *bows down in respect* "Teach us how to be good at Warframe MR28 Tenno"...

It isn't the fault of newer players given the vast number of games that have 'levels' linked to power within the game. Even MR is somewhat linked to power in Warframe because there are MR requirements for some weapons.

Part of the confusion might be that as you start other games your character might gain three or four levels in the first couple hours of playing...via the tutorial or first few quests.

It just isn't a complete roadblock like in other games...but when a player is coming from games where level = power...MR is looked upon as the level = power...and thus there is frustration.

il y a 3 minutes, (XB1)InductiveBag46 a dit :

Waiting 6 days to have a weapon other than paris isnt fun that. 

A lot of things are not clear in warframe, that's a fact, but there are enough weapons you can get from the market while you are making your way to MR5 or so. If there is one thing that could have been a problem for your friends is the complexity of the game for new players which can bring a false sensation of roadblock because there is no guidance. But all mk1 weapons can be bought from the market so it let you play more than the mk1 Paris. 

il y a 12 minutes, GreyDeath789 a dit :

It just isn't a complete roadblock like in other games...but when a player is coming from games where level = power...MR is looked upon as the level = power...and thus there is frustration.

I agree. You have to play warframe for a while to understand how different it can be compared to many other games. DE is well aware that the beginning of the game is a problem and they are working on it.

That strong identity is a asset for Warframe in the long run but it can also be his most biggest issue for new players. But, be curious, look around and you should be able to find the answers you need. Too many players are making the questions and the answers. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

3 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Just want to say thank you everyone for taking the time to post your opinions on the matter and talking with me on my feed. Rude or nice it don’t matter. Thank you guys for feed back and all the reply’s. I love reading your veiw and  being with you guys take care and I wish all of you the best. Have a good one guys.-James John Allan.

Edited by (NSW)JJA209
  • Like 1