Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Really Need A Definitive Answer On Whether The Warframes Are Not Individuals With Their Own Stories Or Whether They Are Just Suits Worn By Millions

Solaurus

to the comments above: I am pretty sure these suits are a combination of the virus found in darksector and a incredibly advanced technology and engineering by orokin. So basically orokin used this virus to their advantage to create suits that morph with it's owner perfectly while adding their own tech. These suits probably change the owner so much you become one thing and you wear the suit permanently. And that's why it resembles skin-tight human inside the frame.

Exactly. Think Dark Spiderman/Venom symbiote. Ash's bulge is definitely his human anatomy.

Hang on, when did lore ever state that the Tenno were infected/using the Technocyte Virus? Are you basing it off of Dark Sector?

EDIT: Basically, virulent/mutated versus stable versions. Makes sense. Reminds me of N-2 vs. N-4 in Dead Frontier.

J-3 Golem says "Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh."

Which, to me, says that the Warframe are made up in part from similar stuff as the Infested.

I dont know about the Tenno because there is little info on them.

Warframes are suits, Tenno are "pilots". There are limited versions of Warframes, but many Tenno. Each Tenno is one of your pilots that you control. Each Tenno is trained to steer a certain Warframe. Warframes use Technocyte Virus tissue and the Tenno are "infected" with it, but instead of becoming TCV Zombies, they can control it.

Think of Cable from the comics and the Techno-organic virus he is controlling with his psyche.

Best theory to date.

You should probably play Dark Sector best advice.

yup

J-3 Golem says "Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh."

While I agree with you on this, that could be interpreted another way as well. The Infested are made up of Corpus and Grineer who, like the Tenno, are humans. "We are your flesh" could simply mean that the conciousness behind the Infestation wants to meld all the human beings left into one form.

Just think about the guy in the crypopods in defense: he's Tenno. He has a face and obvious humanoid body.

While I agree that the Tenno are human I'm affraid you cannot take Nick into account, he is just a placeholder.

Edited by RahuStalker

While I agree with you on this, that could be interpreted another way as well. The Infested are made up of Corpus and Grineer who, like the Tenno, are humans. "We are your flesh" could simply mean that the conciousness behind the Infestation wants to meld all the human beings left into one form.

That quote is not the only time that the Warframe is referred to as flesh/skin.

The last quote was from some concept artists asking a hypothetical question about what the Tenno would do in the free time when they take off their suits.

Lore wise, all warframes are most probably unique suits worn by one and only one Tenno, which hundreds of thousands are embodying while playing the game. Same thing with TF2. There are two teams 9 twins, but the fact that millions play a Demoman doesn't mean that there are millions of Demomen running around the TF2 universe. This narrative/gameplay disconnect is most evident in MMOs, where every player is usually regarded as the hero that saved the day, even if everybody else playing the game experiences the exact same events.

Lieutenant Lech Kril:

Beneath those suits exist flesh.

Does that second-skin peel away just as easy as the first?

while running to Kril, he says this to the player, making it sound like a suit that can be removed, also at the same time sound like it can't be removed.

Am I the very only one that assumed that every Warframe is a suit, while you're supposed to take on the role of the Tenno inside?

Meaning, every user/player is a Tenno that crafts different suits to (pun unintended) suite their needs? As in, when I play it's "the story" of ME inside a Warframe. So each member in a Squad is himself while wearing a Warframe model, much like a car.

DE can always come up with an specific character per frame. Say, Tenno A, user of the Loki Warframe, and Tenno B, user of the Nyx Warframe, with Tenno C being another Loki user with a different buiild/loadout/personality.

Edited by NightmareT12

*sigh* This topic again? Let me cover you in my hot sticky truth, friends:

At the begin there was the idea that your Warframe was you. You would pick a gender for your account and every single Warframe you equipped conformed to this choice. This is why Nyx looks like Excalibur with boobs; she was planned to be the female version. So the Warframes were just suits that everyone wore. So you could have a party of four Excaliburs and each one would lore-wise be a different Tenno, they could even be of different genders.

However, at some point that idea was scrapped and now each Warframe is a unique person instead. You do not wear different suits, you select a different character to play as. Very much like how you pick a Champion in DoTA or LoL. This doesn't make much sense when you can have a party of multiple instances of the same Warframe, but that's how it is. You can tell that the game was definitely designed around the first idea and that they had to resort to this latter one out of necessity.

Personally I hope they will go back to their original idea at some point, but since they decided to scrap it I don't think they will.

I like the second option (or the one we have now) better. Opens up the the possibility of personal stories for the Tenno. Think of having 4 Excaliburs in a party the same way you see Scorpion fighting Scorpion in Mortal Kombat or Zeus v Zeus in Smite.

That quote is not the only time that the Warframe is referred to as flesh/skin.

I'm pretty sure the Grineer and Infested have different outlooks on things. The Grineer (Kril) obviously means "Warframe" as a suit of armour when he says "skin"... the Infested? Who knows...