Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS drops, stuttering, after nightwave season 3 update, possible memory leak maybe?

KenshiXCaliber

Hello fellow Tenno lately, i've been experience major FPS drops in-game. Oddly enough, it only happens when I'm in the orbiter, especially when I'm in the arsenal choosing a different warframe or trying different skins on thems. I've done everything I could think of. I moved Warframe from my SSD to my Samsung Evo 960 NVMe no no avail, I still get those horrible stutters. I've reinstalled my Graphics Driver, I've monitored my temps throughout my entire to PC and I still can't find the issue. I'm just wondering, is anyone else getting weird stutters in the orbiter or am I the lucky one stuck with this issue?

My Specs: 

i9-9900k: 3.60 Ghz

RTX 2080 Super (Factory Clock Speed)

32GB T-Force Ram

SanDisk 1TB SSD

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme 1 Tb

800 Watt Power Supply 

I suffer the same and my computer is more humble than yours (nVidia GTX 1050, i7 eight generation, 8 RAM, a laptop), well ventiled and the game optimized for performance. I dont understand those stutters. Not only the orbiter, when Im in Fortuna or Cetus happens as well.

I get the same issues but throughout the entire game, random stutters coupled with random massive FPS drops that quickly resolve however it's very jarring and completely destroys any sense of immersion.

I suspect it's the game engine. 

Hello

So since the latest Update I've been having Major FPS Drops in open world Areas Fortuna/Poe, i didn't have this issue yesterday and it's very irritating 😞

am i the only one having this issue ?!

Help please

thank you

4 hours ago, Kamachi said:

I get the same issues but throughout the entire game, random stutters coupled with random massive FPS drops that quickly resolve however it's very jarring and completely destroys any sense of immersion.

I suspect it's the game engine. 

I agree that it may be the game engine as well. Other games that I play on my PC run flawlessly, except for Warframe. I love this game to death, however D.E. really needs to fix this sort of issue.

If you too have a severe FPS loss with deferred rendering while on the Plains or in orb Vallis then you need to find Warframe's install folder, right-click on Warframex64.exe and go to "Compatibility" and then click the check box for "Disable Full-screen optimizations". You should get a solid 60fps or more now. Also disable Color Correction in settings to make the game's lighting look 1000% better (less overly-dark).

After the nightwave season 3 all kinds of things have been wonky playing Warframe. For starters I get all kinds of stutters and fps drops that I usually wouldn't get, lags out my computer if im tabbed out of the game, and extremely slow loading times. Its also been eating up a large amount of CPU and Memory usage according to my task manager. This issue is only happening in warframe, none of my other games have been effected by this from D2 to Siege, Jurassic World, Alien Isolation, Subnautica. All of these play fine but only warframe is being a problem child right now so im going to safely assume its not a hardware issue for now.
7p16IpS.png

Il y a 8 heures, StormWolf1337 a dit :

If you too have a severe FPS loss with deferred rendering while on the Plains or in orb Vallis then you need to find Warframe's install folder, right-click on Warframex64.exe and go to "Compatibility" and then click the check box for "Disable Full-screen optimizations". You should get a solid 60fps or more now. Also disable Color Correction in settings to make the game's lighting look 1000% better (less overly-dark).

Thank you

It Worked for me, i didn't have this issue before though, it only started after the latest update, could that be the cause of it?!

Il y a 4 heures, Aphelion_Sole a dit :

After the nightwave season 3 all kinds of things have been wonky playing Warframe. For starters I get all kinds of stutters and fps drops that I usually wouldn't get, lags out my computer if im tabbed out of the game, and extremely slow loading times. Its also been eating up a large amount of CPU and Memory usage according to my task manager. This issue is only happening in warframe, none of my other games have been effected by this from D2 to Siege, Jurassic World, Alien Isolation, Subnautica. All of these play fine but only warframe is being a problem child right now so im going to safely assume its not a hardware issue for now.
7p16IpS.png

I thought i was the only one with this issue, i've been having major FPS drops and Stutters in Fortuna and Poe and it all started after the Update, and the frustrating thing about this is they're not addressing it

il y a 35 minutes, ScienceBro a dit :

Fresh install with i7-7700, 16gb ram, GTX 1060 6GB. Getting horrible FPS stutter in both orbiter & missons like once or twice a minute, lasting a few seconds. Makes the game pretty much unplayable.

Having the same issue in Fortuna / Poe and the frustrating thing is that they are not addressing the issue at all 

10 hours ago, br0keback said:

Thank you

It Worked for me, i didn't have this issue before though, it only started after the latest update, could that be the cause of it?!

It could be but it's not enabled unless you do manually it since it's experimental, check in WF's launcher, click the gear icon at the top and see if's enabled. If it's not then it might be time to update your GPU drivers in case you get hitches or so again. Plus every time you update your drivers you'll get a few more fps and all-around more stable performance with every game, especially newer games, so updating is a good way to avoid major FPS drops in most cases. 

Hi Warframe, Just wanted to let you know that my fps dropped HUGE these last months, i thought it was a bug or mistake by you guys that you would fix easily, but its still here? 

I have no idea what , its not on my side because everything else works fine ( Rust , Black desert online , Doom Eternal, CSGO. Minecraft with shaders ).

I think it has to do with the levels it self and the abilities of warframes, i always have problems with oberon , wisp , volt and maybe others that i dont even know about. 

My system is i7 6700k GTX 970 , 16 gb ram. I have my fps locked at 144 with riva tuner and i am forced to use a lower resolution these days because of the fps drop. I went from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050 and even if i go lower than what i have now it doesnt matter, the fps remains the same in game. As soon as i am back to my ship its locked at 144 fps and everything is fine.

Thank you for reading i hope you have a great weekend! 

I'm also getting the same problem, with my framerate being in the 150+ range, suddenly dropping to 32, then ramping right back up to 150 easily.

Seems to happen every 15-30 seconds, no matter what is going on in-game: i have this happening even in the Orbiter.

AMD Ryzen 73750H, 40 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti, windows update run this morning with no updates to install.

Warframe is currently utilizing about 62% of my CPU even at the absolute lowest graphical settings (Low, everything turned off)

Having the same issue.

FPS is normally in the 120+ range, but crashes down into the low 20s, then ramps back up.

AMD Ryzen 73750H, 40 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB, windows update run this morning with no updates to install.

Warframe is currently utilizing about 62% of my CPU even at the absolute lowest graphical settings (Low, everything turned off)

Having a similar issue since updating a few days ago.

My game drops from 130-200fps to 5-30fps while loading missions, and also has the same drops while in any mission. Though the second problem seems to occur only in certain parts of the maps (perhaps due to loading the tiles?).

Specs for comparison:
- Intel Core i7 920 @2.67Ghz;
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB;
- 12GB DDR3(?) RAM;
- Win10 x64 (updated? no idea, but probably) - GeForce drivers up to date.

My specs aren't amazing, but overall gaming performance holds up to minimum 80fps (wherever I tried, at least); with Warframe reaching tops of 400fps at max video settings. I don't really understand why I'm getting these massive drops - even if for a brief 10 seconds tops.

Hi everyone,

I've gone ahead and merged a few of the more recent threads that have brought up this stuttering. We're currently in the process of trying to track the issue down, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, can everyone please make sure to verify and optimize your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? 

verf5.png

Also, StormWolf1337 brought up a good suggestion. 
If you still experience issues with stuttering after you've verified/optimized the Download Cache, then you might want to try this:

On 2020-05-14 at 10:19 PM, StormWolf1337 said:

As I mentioned, we are still trying to resolve this issue. If there is any additional information that you can provide, feel free to reply to this thread or submit a support ticket to us here. If you can provide a copy of your EE.log as well, that could potentially help us see where all of the memory is going. Your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi everyone,

I've gone ahead and merged a few of the more recent threads that have brought up this stuttering. We're currently in the process of trying to track the issue down, so any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

In the meantime, can everyone please make sure to verify and optimize your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? 

verf5.png

Also, StormWolf1337 brought up a good suggestion. 
If you still experience issues with stuttering after you've verified/optimized the Download Cache, then you might want to try this:

As I mentioned, we are still trying to resolve this issue. If there is any additional information that you can provide, feel free to reply to this thread or submit a support ticket to us here. If you can provide a copy of your EE.log as well, that could potentially help us see where all of the memory is going. Your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks!

Hi,
I came across StormWolf's post before, and followed all the instructions for disabling full-screen optimizations, and were all done before my initial post.

I've also done a verify/optimize, which was completed with no errors, however the issue persists.

To be clear, in my situation this issue doesn't just occur in Orb Valis or Plains of Eidolon, it happens even in the Orbiter.

The issue will go away if I make graphical settings changes for about one minute, then happens again.

In looking in my system monitor while running Warframe in windowed mode, what I see is that it's using 60% of my Graphics resources, then will suddenly ramp up to 100%, before it shunts back down to 60; this coincides with the framerate dropping like crazy.

Will open a ticket and send the ee log.

I've been noticing a lot of issues after the last few updates. The game stops responding for a few minutes at a time. FPS stutters. Rubber-banding has occurred. I've even had several occurrences where the entire party has been dropped (For example, a full party to fight Exploiter Orb and we were booted back to Fortuna while trying to transition to the overworld fight.)

This did not occur the first few days after Glassmaker was released, but now it's getting rampant.

I am also experiencing this odd stutter/frame dip. I have performed the steps listed above but those did not seem to help.

Unchecking the following in the launcher made these issues go away but I feel this is a red Herring as a buddy of mine on a similar setup has these on and says he does not experience these issues.

*Fix for me*

Uncheck Launcher GPU acceleration and Multi-Threaded Rendering

After doing this I restarted the launcher and the stuttering went away (even in Onslaught).

Either of those options checked, for my situation, will cause some level of stutter but with both it is at its worst. Please note that these issues are the most severe when I am in a multiplayer setting, either with friends or joining a random squad. When joining random squad, the game will freeze momentarily when loading, show the map with everyone loaded in then kick me out of the room stating that I could not connect to host. With the options unchecked I can join with no issue and i don't get that pausing when the game is connecting to hosts. 

I hope this helps.

**The above as of the latest patch no longer works, seems D.E patched out the ability to actually disable these optons**

System

I7 8700k @ 4.7

32gb G SKill 3200

Samsung 960 PRo 512 (game install location)

Gigabtyte Aorus RTX 2080ti XTREME

Windows 10 Pro

EE.log submitted

Archived