Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Progression Is Pointless

Qynchou

You took the only thing this game had and you destroyed it. That is, progress.

For the first time today I went in solo against the new golem, it was really good, only afterwards after letting my clanmates know that I didnt get any drops (except chassis reward at the end wow, slay a massive, building size infested creep and get 2-3 mods, yay) one clanmate asked me how I liked the DPS cap.

DPS cap. wow.

Im guessing this will be applied to every boss, not that I give a S#&$ at this point tbh. 

Im not here to suggest anything but just to congratulate DE on this achievement, making progress useless and having more than 2 damage mods on a weapon useless.

I had 1 more question left but I actually forgot what it was while typing this post (lmao). Just a GIGANTIC, massive, category 50 kaiju facepalm.

Edited by Qynchou

Really?

Disregard my preious statement then.

Thart's very interesting.

Mmmhmm. Also, I feel like the DPS caps on the new bosses were an attempt to make bosses seem less like bullet-sponges (which was a huge complaint a few months ago) and give bossfights a more strategic feel. The straight up DPS cap on Lephantis truly confuses me though, since it seems like a boss suited for more high-end players. 

For the first time today I went in solo against the new golem, it was really good, only afterwards after letting my clanmates know that I didnt get any drops (except chassis reward at the end wow, slay a massive, building size infested creep and get 2-3 mods, yay) one clanmate asked me how I liked the DPS cap.

DPS cap. wow.

Im guessing this will be applied to every boss, not that I give a shit at this point tbh. 

Im not here to suggest anything but just to congratulate DE on this achievement, making progress useless and having more than 2 damage mods on a weapon useless.

I had 1 more question left but I actually forgot what it was while typing this post (lmao). Just a GIGANTIC, massive, category 50 kaiju facepalm.

We appreciate the feedback Qynchou. Although I see you do not want to suggest anything; we encourage it.

It's great to tell us how you feel about the game, but we would love to know how you would "fix it" considering you're unhappy with the direction.

We appreciate the feedback Qynchou. Although I see you do not want to suggest anything; we encourage it.

It's great to tell us how you feel about the game, but we would love to know how you would "fix it" considering you're unhappy with the direction.

Why making DPS cap? instead give them something to defend with , or make them stronger

I have noticed it to when four players shoot a single target , mine or someone else damage get ignored...simple question if two or more player gets damage ignored why they are here / why making team of 4? The only answer i could find is "Play safe , just in case we die , two more to res us..."

If you find another reason just tell me (Yep i dont like wasting my bullet tryng to fire something which will ignore my damage ,seem like i'm not alone)

I think he is suggesting removing the damage cap and make boss have more HP instead. 

I thought it was obvious he did not want a DPS cap.

That's just me.

The point is that if you're trying to get the developers to make a change, you should present a better argument than an implied "remove cap because I don't like it". Start a petition, make some graphs, something more productive and less antagonistic than a sarcasm-filled rant.

DPS cap. wow.

Im guessing this will be applied to every boss, not that I give a S#&$ at this point tbh. 

They put the damage cap so they wouldn't have to make it like Vor where it attempts to copy your level or make it so insanely hard its unwinnable...

As it is Golem is THE HARDEST BOSS IN THE GAME (Till Alad's dog comes) Its so hard getting creamed by it is high chance. If it had more health it would be a giant sponge, if it didn't have the cap you would kill each head in a few to one hit ruining the fun of the battle. Also not many players can hit that. Not everyone has Ogris, Acrid, or Flux. I know I have said making people work hard just to get materials together to go some place for superior gear is ideal, but when it comes to Golem it should be kept the way it is. It is quite possible DE is building the game up to catch up with flux, acrid, and Ogirs but have not yet come out with a boss that really pushes those weapons to the obsolete corners of the universe... but when that God like boss comes... your going to be glad you got to fight all those bosses on the way to this God...

DE needs to release fixes, and more bosses to build and increase for players. Its obvious DE is not finished. Proof? Look at Phorid on Eris... second easiest boss in the entire game behind Nef. Its a placeholder, but I am sure when the time comes Phorid will be vicious, and harder to kill then Lephantis. As time goes they will increase damage cap until a boss so powerful comes along they don't need the cap anymore.

Just give DE time. If you haven't noticed new Vor, and lephantis took forever to make, and Alad V's pet looks like its almost ready for an October release, or late October release. So far two advanced bosses have taken up a large amount of time to make. You need to give DE more time. They released a ton of fun, and interesting things. We all love it, we enjoy it. We enjoy it while the Bug team takes out bugs that we have been waiting for (they are taking out bugs, and lots of them... )

Edited by Arlayn

They put the damage cap so they wouldn't have to make it like Vor where it attempts to copy your level or make it so insanely hard its unwinnable...

As it is Golem is THE HARDEST BOSS IN THE GAME (Till Alad's dog comes) Its so hard getting creamed by it is high chance. If it had more health it would be a giant sponge, if it didn't have the cap you would kill each head in a few to one hit ruining the fun of the battle. Also not many players can hit that. Not everyone has Ogris, Acrid, or Flux. I know I have said making people work hard just to get materials together to go some place for superior gear is ideal, but when it comes to Golem it should be kept the way it is. It is quite possible DE is building the game up to catch up with flux, acrid, and Ogirs but have not yet come out with a boss that really pushes those weapons to the obsolete corners of the universe... but when that God like boss comes... your going to be glad you got to fight all those bosses on the way to this God...

DE needs to release fixes, and more bosses to build and increase for players. Its obvious DE is not finished. Proof? Look at Phorid on Eris... second easiest boss in the entire game behind Nef. Its a placeholder, but I am sure when the time comes Phorid will be vicious, and harder to kill then Lephantis. As time goes they will increase damage cap until a boss so powerful comes along they don't need the cap anymore.

Just give DE time. If you haven't noticed new Vor, and lephantis took forever to make, and Alad V's pet looks like its almost ready for an October release, or late October release. So far two advanced bosses have taken up a large amount of time to make. You need to give DE more time. They released a ton of fun, and interesting things. We all love it, we enjoy it. We enjoy it while the Bug team takes out bugs that we have been waiting for (they are taking out bugs, and lots of them... )

Damage cap makes modding my weapons pointless.

That's not good game design in the slightest.

Why spend all of that time making my weapons that strong if they wont show for it in a boss fight?

Damage cap makes modding my weapons pointless.

That's not good game design in the slightest.

Why spend all of that time making my weapons that strong if they wont show for it in a boss fight?

So you want to one shot Lephantis? talk about kill joy... Its an epic boss for a reason... what do you want it to have insane armor, and ludicrous health? What about everyone who doesn't have your God gear?

Edit: also they do, by getting MAX damage... Not many people can get that MAX damage.

Edited by Arlayn

So you want to one shot Lephantis? talk about kill joy... Its an epic boss for a reason... what do you want it to have insane armor, and ludicrous health? What about everyone who doesn't have your God gear?

Edit: also they do, by getting MAX damage... Not many people can get that MAX damage.

"Not many people" is wrong. you don't have stats.

noobs that play on mercury don't have this max damage. thats right.

It's called progression.

There needs to be times in a game where you are not strong enough to face a monster and must get stronger to defeat it.

It needs to be stronger than those who do not have great gear so they have something to look forward to when they are finally ready to fight the boss with some good gear.

Also no, I do not want to one shot Lephantis, he needs to be a challenge for players with good mods and gear and impossible for those that do not have good gear.

If a new player can do the same DPS as a Rank 9 person then the game needs to be looked at again because it's lacking progression.