Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rising Tide 1st Mars mission is unfun zerging, that makes me think the rest of the quest will be bad.

UilliamNebel

Passed it on first try, sure.

But it wasn't fun, it was just zerging. There wasn't one thing enjoyable about this mission, Guarding a small circle with unending spawning enemies about you this way just feels like a set up that just wasn't critically played by a developer, or test played across more player skill and build scenarios. I think I get what the intention was, just the execution here is bad, and most importantly just unfun and frustrating. Defense missions work in the general game, because the waves aren't smothering, and you choose the ground to fight from far better. Those missions are a shaken can of soda being opened compared to this firehose at your nostrils being turned on. On top of that, the defensibilty of the position is just arbitrary, emersion ruining, and all around bad. I don't see a dramatic possible last stand of a lone Tenno scene scene. I see a poorly thought out challenge, of frustration, and just weighing out game mechanics in all the wrong ways, as I have an unfun play experience that the mission designer just seemed to toss down because a dead line was looming. It have been far more dramatic to hold a more defendable position, and utilize tactics in a manner, not ponder how if you have to repeat it, go look at an online guide for the easiest way to cheese it with x,y, and z, on the tracks the mission runs it's railroad on.

1 hour ago, UilliamNebel said:

I see a poorly thought out challenge, of frustration, and just weighing out game mechanics in all the wrong ways, as I have an unfun play experience that the mission designer just seemed to toss down because a dead line was looming.

Is that not the same as most new missions/elements in this game? DE tries to do far too much, making most of what they do fairly mediocre. The entire quest is like that, Railjack feels pretty much the same as the questline for it.

2 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Your instincts are sound. It’s all like that. 

Yeah, sadly went into it more. Would honestly say at this point, even though I am progressing, between the build times, resources cost, and just how un fun the missions to recover parts are, Rising Tide is just not worth it for a newer player.

And that said, I just do not understand how competent executive leadership at DE could have signed off on Rail Jack at all. I mean spending all that time and resource on building this new content, and new content is first and formost about bring on new players and returning players, and then making it rather unaccessible and solo. Maybe they thought that it would help build groups of players, but the solo only quest de incentivizes that, tremendously. Perhaps they intentionally wanted to make sure not every player could just hop off to go have their own, but why in the world would you toss that amount of development, time, and more so capital into such a big game feature addition, for ultimately a minority of the player base? They could have done way more toward quality of life improvements, and smaller more accesable game features for all players at fractions of what it took to do this. I just don't think anyone at DE in a position to determine these things is as qualified, or more so receptive to the player base's desired game experience, as they think they are looking at this quest and it's larger implications for Rail Jack, and the bigger game.

I completely agree!

Getting the Railjack was BY FAR the worst, most un-fun garbage I have done in Warframe in a long, long time.

Get part 1, the hull - horde mode - 6 hours build time

Get part 2, the engines - horde mode - 6 hours build time

Get part 3, the engine cover (lol wut) - horde mode... but wait! You now have to kill Vomvalysts, because why not? - 6 hours build time

Get part 4, the right engine thing - horde mode with even more Vomvalysts! YAY! - 6 hours build time

Get part 5, the left engine thing - horde mode with double the Vomvalysts AND sentients, because everyone loves sentients!!! - 6 hours build time

5 Missions of glorified horde mode, with BS "go kill these" mechanics and unnecessary time-gating to drag the "quest" out to a mind-numbingly stupid 30+ hours. 

I think DE copied Anthem a little TOO hard with this "quest".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...