Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nukers are stealing my kills : matchmaking solution instead of nerf ?

MacIntoc

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

It isn't the kill stealing that is a problem, hell that's a stupid complaint.

The issue is that these nuke frames are so efficient at killing that there often isn't any actual gameplay left for the other 3 players except "Hallway walking simulator".

as long as your in range 100 percent of the affinity gets shared so i never understood why ppl claimed their kills were stolen

if i get kill or you get kill we both get the same affinity

i have a banshee that can be nuke-ish but i like what they did with her last rework, in order for me to be able to nuke and area with the quake i need to put strength up so high that i lose efficiency, to the point that shell blow 600 energy in probably 60 to 90 seconds, where as before her last rework i could sit in quake for like 2 whole rounds, while nuking, and still have power left

i got an equinox capable of nuking but i usually try to save that for when things get crazy or when higher level enemies show and its no longer insta kill for them, but as ive said in the other thread the issue with weapons make equinox indefinitely stronger

i dont understand what they did to saryn lol, apparently casting spores on her molt was to OP, so they removed being able to do it but it appears they also buffed her spores to the point you dont need to cast it on molt anymore, shoot alot of lower level enemies you cast it 1 time and just shoot a few ppl and it does the rest for ya

Mesas peacemaker actually needs line of sight and when i leveled her i noticed on jupiter atleast the toxic gas cloud traps and stuff effect her line of sight for peacemaker making you move from place to place to maintain line of sight, i think they can build on that

for the Volt mention, ive never heard volt be called a kill stealer but i suppose with a good weapon and super speed, cause he feels very glass cannon ish when playing him except none of his abilities are powerful enough to actually call him a glass cannon, atleast with higher level enemies, go ahead and bring volt to a kuva mission or something youll see lol within a few minutes volts whole kit become

4 ways to waste all your energy lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

as long as your in range 100 percent of the affinity gets shared so i never understood why ppl claimed their kills were stolen

if i get kill or you get kill we both get the same affinity

Sometimes I like to go into a mission to actually I dunno...play the game? Not just stand there while somebody blows everything up.

This isn't an affinity issue, it is a "I'm just standing here because things are dying faster than they can spawn half the time" issue, and if somebody isn't leveling a weapon the weapon they spent time to level is made useless because there's nothing to kill with it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Sometimes I like to go into a mission to actually I dunno...play the game? Not just stand there while somebody blows everything up.

This isn't an affinity issue, it is a "I'm just standing here because things are dying faster than they can spawn half the time" issue, and if somebody isn't leveling a weapon the weapon they spent time to level is made useless because there's nothing to kill with it.

oh no i get it, and i agree

i was merely saying someone nuking everything and sucking the fun out of the game

and someone stole my kill arnt the samething and the issue isnt kill stealing as mush as like you said it becomes hallway walking simulator

Just now, Tokens210 said:

oh no i get it, and i agree

i was merely saying someone nuking everything and sucking the fun out of the game

and someone stole my kill arnt the samething and the issue isnt kill stealing as mush as like you said it becomes hallway walking simulator

Whoops, sorry, I've been mostly used to people writing that much when they fire back at me not when they agree with me 😅

hace 11 minutos, Aldain dijo:

When I want it I go solo or I do a party and I do high-end content where nuke doesn't exists. People crying about nuke is because they don' really understand this game. Meta going to harder content and people cry because someone one-shoots mobs level 20. People thinking about KDA in a coop game also. This is not league of legends, CSGO or something like that. And we don't go to mission to compete about kills. People who cry is who is worried about it. Mostly times that you find us in places where we can rush what we want is to end fast and go another place harder where we take the fun. 

I want an only check in the list people here purposed:
[x] I don't want people that compete with the team mates.

Similar thread is opened every time I enter this forum and I would like a moderator instantly close this post because important stuff in the forum is ignored meanwhile..

Edited by str4dlin
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, str4dlin said:

When I want it I go solo or I do a party and I do high-end content where nuke doesn't exists. People crying about nuke is because they don' really understand this game. Meta going to harder content and people cry because someone one-shoots mobs level 20. People thinking about KDA in a coop game also. This is not league of legends, CSGO or something like that. And we don't go to mission to compete about kills. Mostly times that you find us in places where we can rush we do it to end fast and go another place harder where we take the fun. 

I want an only check in the list people here purposed:
[x] I don't want people that compete with the team mates.

Similar thread is opened every time I enter this forum and I would like a moderator instantly close this post because important stuff in the forum is ignored meanwhile..

umm....no

its a public forum why should a thread be closed cause you dont agree with it

also theres multiple issue at play here, one being that older players need to go to older content for resources and in many cases it doesnt matter what we bring we wipe everything out meanwhile the fresh level 0 just checking out the game is now in a race to extraction cause they had no enemies the entire time

many of the Nuke frame actually start to become more balanced when you face off against the harder enemies, you know the ones a max and formad frame is supposed to be fighting, problem is these enemies arnt on lower level content or if they are they dont show up till well after everyone wants to leave

its not about competing with anyone atleast what i was talking about, there deff. is scoreboard chasers but the issue isnt that as much as sucking any enjoyment from a lower levels gameplay even by accident cause your character is built for bigger and better thing, isnt fair and we the player didnt create the issue

• Like 2

hace 9 minutos, Tokens210 dijo:

umm....no

its a public forum why should a thread be closed cause you dont agree with it

also theres multiple issue at play here, one being that older players need to go to older content for resources and in many cases it doesnt matter what we bring we wipe everything out meanwhile the fresh level 0 just checking out the game is now in a race to extraction cause they had no enemies the entire time

many of the Nuke frame actually start to become more balanced when you face off against the harder enemies, you know the ones a max and formad frame is supposed to be fighting, problem is these enemies arnt on lower level content or if they are they dont show up till well after everyone wants to leave

its not about competing with anyone atleast what i was talking about, there deff. is scoreboard chasers but the issue isnt that as much as sucking any enjoyment from a lower levels gameplay even by accident cause your character is built for bigger and better thing, isnt fair and we the player didnt create the issue

Not closed because I disagree. Closed because it has been discussed 1000000 times. 

Scoreboard chasers are who come here to cry about score not someone that finds he must do a level 20 mission and wants to end it fast.

Forget "Nuke frame" expression. Is what people that does not understand the game say. Just that.Go talk about nuke frames with people killing mobs 400+

Just enjoy the game and stop crying about scores please. You are the only worried about it.

3 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Not closed because I disagree. Closed because it has been discussed 1000000 times. 

Scoreboard chasers are who come here to cry about score not someone that finds he must do a level 20 mission and wants to end it fast.

Forget "Nuke frame" expression. Is what people that does not understand the game say. Just that.Go talk about nuke frames with people killing mobs 400+

Just enjoy the game and stop crying about scores please. You are the only worried about it.

i dont care about scores lol i mostly play solo

and as i said when i refference nuke frames, was that they dont actually nuke content they are built for, or the enemies designed for them to fight, they actually start becoming balanced again against those levels or enemies

shoot even VOB, those enemies are more aware and more capable then 90% of the standard tileset enemies

hace 2 minutos, Tokens210 dijo:

i dont care about scores lol i mostly play solo

and as i said when i refference nuke frames, was that they dont actually nuke content they are built for, or the enemies designed for them to fight, they actually start becoming balanced again against those levels or enemies

shoot even VOB, those enemies are more aware and more capable then 90% of the standard tileset enemies

When I say "you" I mean people here saying "they kill my mobs". 

Is not about "is balanced when". On every MMO if you kill mobs level 20 being 80 you are going to one-shoot. Other is when you are going to go there? Never. But if there is an event that you must do it, you will. And nobody cries because "someone is killing my mobs". It is about unknowledge. 

And game gives an option for going solo, so if someone don't want other player can "ruin" the gameplay killing their mobs they can go solo. That simply..

Cheers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

You want changes? Suggest changes to the weapons and frames itself

I want to avoid the nerf of a weapon/warframe because some players complain it have too high kps, preventing them to make kills. Should i open a topic to says to not change a weapon/warframe ?

not ignore it like the Conclave, ignorign part of the game will never get it fixed, it needsa look at the core issue.

As Aldain said as example.

Locking things and players out because of ridiclous unbalancign is not the palyers fault, it is how it is executed, but this system will onyl dim the nodes even more in the game. Thing is i like variety i like to have a mixed team, would also like misisons be more worthwhile andn ot jsut endless misisons and killing be the most efficent things, that is the core issue, mass killing is the answer to everything, so people choose the fastes way here.

Difference between "steal kill" and "turn the game into hallway simulator" is purely semantic.

But for me, the probleme is not only from the game but also from an antagonistic point of view between players. Those who thinks that only one player can grab all the kills is a problem (and want to nerf everything that permit to do this) and thoses who think that is not a problem (but says that going solo is the solution for those who think it's a problem). You simply can't balance it without breaking one of the side. That's why i would suggest another solution : make a sandbox for each side throught the matchmaking.

The core gameplay needsa look at, i would rather have more use for stealth, CC and Support then pure damage latley, but the game involved into thos power creep sadly.

If the comfort of technical solutions for DE is important to you, know that it would probably be easier and faster to modify the matchmaking than to rework the core gameplay and then adapt all the content around it 🤭

But there is two rules that will prevent mision to be well balanced :

1. mission must be able to be carried out whatever the load out (sometime also the MR of the player). But if it can be done with the worst possible load out, it will be cheese with a good one and wrecked with an optimised one
  2. mission must be able to be carried out solo. But if it can be done solo, it will be over-wrecked in squad
Edited by MacIntoc

hace 37 minutos, MacIntoc dijo:

But there is two rules that will prevent mision to be well balanced :

1. mission must be able to be carried out whatever the load out (sometime also the MR of the player). But if it can be done with the worst possible load out, it will be cheese with a good one and wrecked with an optimised one
  2. mission must be able to be carried out solo. But if it can be done solo, it will be over-wrecked in squad

Squad mission and Solo missions are not the same difficult. For first. What is being discussed in another post you probably missed because you are focused on discuss what have been 1000 times discussed. 
So "mission must be able to be carried out solo but If it can be done solo it will be over-wrecked in squad" is a lie, directly. Since they are different missions. 

Second If you look for harder content, go to harder content. Don't come here to cry because people is killing your mobs on Hydron. Because you are choosing your content and you are choosing your party (if you desire). Enjoy the game and if you don't like people in your party go solo.

Edited by str4dlin
  • Like 2

hace 15 minutos, MacIntoc dijo:

@str4dlin

Read the conversation before you try to interfere. You'll avoid getting off topic.

Or maybe read the forum looking for similar discussions before you try to talk something 10000 times discussed and that shows you have not idea why some warframes exists or how they work because for you they  can clear low level mobs and "steal" your kills. If you go a mission to compete about kills then go and comepete with yourself, we are in a cooperative game. And I repeat if you don't like people you can go solo
I think it is only since May 2020 looking for "nuke" keyword:

Edited by str4dlin
  • Like 1

hace 9 minutos, MacIntoc dijo:

@str4dlin

You don't read what's written in this topic, you read what you want it to be written. You can only be off topic. So please stop to flood it.

Offtopic is to think people is doing mission to steal you.
Offtopic is to think "nuke" expression exists out of the newbie content.
Offtopic is to think people compete for their kills when you are the only here worried about yours.
Offtopic is to think you can banish some classes and people from your games because you are more comfortable instead of making your own party with friends or going solo because you want to show us that you shoot your pistol so good and you do many kills without consider that maybe the guy going your party was not looking for someone like you.

You asked for matchmaking solutions. My first answer giving you 3. I think after that you are who has decided to go offtopic. 

But is true, I should ignore this thread.

Have a good day.

Edited by str4dlin
  • Like 1

hace 59 minutos, str4dlin dijo:

Offtopic is to think people compete for their kills when you are the only here worried about yours.
Offtopic is to think you can banish some classes and people from your games because you are more comfortable instead of making your own party with friends or going solo because you want to show us that you shoot your pistol so good and you do many kills without consider that maybe the guy going your party was not looking for someone like you.

You asked for matchmaking solutions. My first answer giving you 3. I think after that you are who has decided to go offtopic. 

But is true, I should ignore this thread.

Have a good day.

Come on...you are being too harsh for too little.

Its true people dont do missions to steal kills. I couldnt care less the number of kills. If my kills are low, that is only an indicator for me to say: I should move my ass quicker and contribute more next time.

Most people want to be done with the mission. Competition isnt real.

But its true nukes exist. its not a newbie concept. And you dont need level 20 enemies. lv 40 and 50 can be wiped easily. If you enter with a bow for example, and no AOE weapons...you are gonna have a bad time if you are matched with Saryn or Volt. There is a difference between: this guy killed so much more enemies than me but i got to contribute. And: this guy killed so much, so fast, that i couldnt touch anything and spent all the mission with my arms crossed, bored to death.

Your rage against him "banishing" classes and people is kinda tricky dont you think? You are ok with nukes, but if someone can barely kill enemies, then its their fault? So you are saying we should banish accurate weapons and just use kuva brama everywhere. Picking ember, volt or saryn exclusively too.

When you interfere with other people gameplay, thats a problem. The nuke and AOE meta is objectively a problem. And the solution is no "join us or go solo". This only show this game needs a much better design, so people dont piss each other for being "too efficient".

And for the record, the matchmaking system couldnt be worse. Recruitment channel is antiquated, and plenty other games do things better in this subject. Also idk how is your clan, but in my experience they are mostly doing their own thing and barely interact with each other. Cause there arent clan designed activities, and the content is too easy and dont require cooperation. Having a clan is almost useless.

Conformism like yours is why this game is stagnant. I heard somewhere devs are pissed about the constant criticism. But what you are doing here, is the other extreme

Edited by Travis05
  • Like 3

Warframe, the only game where everyone should be happy if someone else kills more then they kill.

Why? Shared affinity... everytime someone kills more then you, you profit from their affinity as well. One of the few times we can be happy if someone clears the map fast and get their affinity to level up faster. Without them? Man leveling can really take a while... if you do it the super slow way clearing everything yourself, best with only weapons that are better against single targets?

Would be glad if someone else for a change kills more then me and i can profit from their affinity, but sadly im always doing their work and they profit only from me. Meaning in ESO that most players leave way earlier then me since i dont even get much of the affinity to my own weapons if i kill about 4k enemies and dont profit that much at all myself...

Really dont get why people act like this about kills in this game.

We ARE one squad, ONE team, if one makes a S#&$ ton of kills its like we ALL make a S#&$ ton of kills. We all profit from each others kills, no single need to feel envy about others making many kills, in fact they are the ones not even profiting to much on it since that shared affinity is not really going on their weapons much anymore (like it used to be if i remember right?)

What i write here wont change anything... and in the end DEs choice also, i for my part wouldnt understand why it should be removed from the game.

• Like 1

hace 4 minutos, Dark_RRiderr dijo:

Warframe, the only game where everyone should be happy if someone else kills more then they kill.

Why? Shared affinity... everytime someone kills more then you, you profit from their affinity as well. One of the few times we can be happy if someone clears the map fast and get their affinity to level up faster. Without them? Man leveling can really take a while... if you do it the super slow way clearing everything yourself, best with only weapons that are better against single targets?

Would be glad if someone else for a change kills more then me and i can profit from their affinity, but sadly im always doing their work and they profit only from me. Meaning in ESO that most players leave way earlier then me since i dont even get much of the affinity to my own weapons if i kill about 4k enemies and dont profit that much at all myself...

Really dont get why people act like this about kills in this game.

We ARE one squad, ONE team, if one makes a S#&$ ton of kills its like we ALL make a S#&$ ton of kills. We all profit from each others kills, no single need to feel envy about others making many kills, in fact they are the ones not even profiting to much on it since that shared affinity is not really going on their weapons much anymore (like it used to be if i remember right?)

What i write here wont change anything... and in the end DEs choice also, i for my part wouldnt understand why it should be removed from the game.

You really dont get it? I dont care about affinity. I want to play. I want to use melee. I want to try headshots, i want to do a mission. I dont want to be quiet like an statue, seeing some random use their kuva brama. I dont want rush to enemies and finding someone else used a room clearing ability, so i wasted my breath for nothing.

If cooperative gameplay is me sitting on the floor while saryn clean the room...then why am i even playing? Affinity and MR? Then i prefer no to play

vor 1 Minute schrieb Travis05:

You really dont get it? I dont care about affinity. I want to play. I want to use melee. I want to try headshots, i want to do a mission. I dont want to be quiet like an statue, seeing some random use their kuva brama. I dont want rush to enemies and finding someone else used a room clearing ability, so i wasted my breath for nothing.

If cooperative gameplay is me sitting on the floor while saryn clean the room...then why am i even playing? Affinity and MR? Then i prefer no to play

For that there is the option as mentioned a lot of times before, solo, invite only, friends only. Find people that enjoy this kind of play style and form groups. Easy as that.

Why do you think i set spy to solo or some certein other ones? Because i prefer stealth on those, if i dont want stealth and a lot of firepower and get things fast done (like exterminate or defense) i go public

hace 12 minutos, Travis05 dijo:

Conformism like yours is why this game is stagnant. I heard somewhere devs are pissed about the constant criticism. But what you are doing here, is the other extreme

See what extreme I do:

http://prntscr.com/skbo85

Constructive and with knowledge critizism. Posts for things that you now have in the game. Also you can visit my profile where I ve opened other post with real stuff recently and comment others I feel are good stuff and never people talked about. 

I agree I ve been a bit harsh. But mate, this forum is always the same. Good topics pass while typical ones are being trending topic. Im worried about that. 
People could look for similar stuff before post something. 

And also man, last time 5 months ago I discussed about this same topic and they talking about Saryn also. Saryn won a nerf. And I posted a clip where you can see Saryn with high tier mobs and how he can't nuke. You can go and check yourself in simulator because I ve lost the post. What I mean, people that usually cry about nukes is because they don't really know the game. They know a part. A small part. There are world out of Hydron but they probably are worried about leveling all weapons and warframes to have mastery. And they can't see there is an end-game and things made for it as we have been years asking for it and not "do-the-trick builds".

Problem here is to find logical posts and made from the knowledge of the game and not repeated arguments of people that have not stopped to think about.

37 minutes ago, str4dlin said:

Like i said, you have not read above the title. Or you just read what you want it to be written.

1 hour ago, str4dlin said:

Your solution on your first post doesn't work because is that what we already have in game and there is still people to complaints AND there is still nerf of AoE stuffes based on theses complaints.

The second solution is to make enemies out of HP bags. Reverted by DE, since that just justifie more powerfull stuff and more complaints (since we have also "mobs are to op, i can't kill them").

The third solution is to nerf stuff. That is the current strategie. And it's not really a solution since it just transfert frustation from a side to the other. And, basicaly, it's a form of banishing. But in a form that not make frustation disapear.

Fourth solution, rework the missions to have something to do if there are no mobs to kill. That's what the Raid was doing and that's what Railjack promised. But it wouldn't be for a few years and Scarlet Spear wasn't very convincing on this subject. That would be the best solution. But it's also the heaviest.

So what ? You just stop your reflexion here or your try to think to something new ?

1 hour ago, Dark_RRiderr said:

For that there is the option as mentioned a lot of times before, solo, invite only, friends only. Find people that enjoy this kind of play style and form groups. Easy as that.

Why do you think i set spy to solo or some certein other ones? Because i prefer stealth on those, if i dont want stealth and a lot of firepower and get things fast done (like exterminate or defense) i go public

If this is THE solution, why do we still have complaints and nerfs based on this? Sorry to play Captain Obvious but that's because it's not a solution!

And seriously, you are shocked because i propose to "ban" certain stuff if we don't use it but it's not a probleme for you to "ban" ALL the stuff AND ALL others players ?

Edited by MacIntoc

vor 1 Minute schrieb MacIntoc:

If it's THE solution, why we have still complains and nerf based on theses ? Sorry to play to Captain Obvious but it's because it's not a solution !

Seriously, you are shocked because i propose to "ban" certain stuff if we don't use it but it's not a probleme for you to "ban" ALL the stuff AND others players ?

Maybe because to many players switch from counter strike to Warframe and expect it to change to a boring simple shooter without any specials like nuke abilitys?

Or maybe because nuking was always a thing in this game and just by now suddenly people got nothing better to do and suddenly after all this years so many start complaining about something that was part of the game for so long?

Can be plenty of reasons, but you cant please them all. There is that one side that doesnt enjoy having nukers in their game, and the other that would hate to continue without the option of using a nuke frame.

What do you think is the solution to please both? If you ban nukers, you loose one half of the games playerbase. If you keep it you might loose the other side that hates this map nuking. Only solution that comes up for now in my mind (and i clearly dont see all options there and this is just a quick solution) is if you dont like people using nukes, then set it to friends/ invite only and form groups with people enjoying the same playstyle as you.

What you do right now is, forcing other players to play the game the way YOU like, because if you havent thought about it... that is what you right now do with suggestion to just get rid of it because YOU dont like it (and yes of course others as well but still, you and others with that opinion vs the ones enjoying it and you force them to play the way of just 1 group)

A real solution would be the one that can please both groups. As long as none comes up with a solution really pleasing both groups this discussion wont lead anywhere.

Filter surely is a nice idea on one side, question is... how easy and without problems can it truely be done? Is it really worth it spending time and recources on it if the other solution would be simply using the already developed option of friends only? (Money and time wise for DE... they have to work on a lot of other things as well)

• Like 2

hace 14 minutos, Dark_RRiderr dijo:

Maybe because to many players switch from counter strike to Warframe and expect it to change to a boring simple shooter without any specials like nuke abilitys?

Or maybe because nuking was always a thing in this game and just by now suddenly people got nothing better to do and suddenly after all this years so many start complaining about something that was part of the game for so long?

Can be plenty of reasons, but you cant please them all. There is that one side that doesnt enjoy having nukers in their game, and the other that would hate to continue without the option of using a nuke frame.

What do you think is the solution to please both? If you ban nukers, you loose one half of the games playerbase. If you keep it you might loose the other side that hates this map nuking. Only solution that comes up for now in my mind (and i clearly dont see all options there and this is just a quick solution) is if you dont like people using nukes, then set it to friends/ invite only and form groups with people enjoying the same playstyle as you.

What you do right now is, forcing other players to play the game the way YOU like, because if you havent thought about it... that is what you right now do with suggestion to just get rid of it because YOU dont like it (and yes of course others as well but still, you and others with that opinion vs the ones enjoying it and you force them to play the way of just 1 group)

A real solution would be the one that can please both groups. As long as none comes up with a solution really pleasing both groups this discussion wont lead anywhere.

Filter surely is a nice idea on one side, question is... how easy and without problems can it truely be done? Is it really worth it spending time and recources on it if the other solution would be simply using the already developed option of friends only? (Money and time wise for DE... they have to work on a lot of other things as well)

I agree you. And you don't mention that with what they suggest you can choose your team config, ok. But what if they have not chosen you? Someone could be leveling a Loki and expects someone can help him with the afinity sharing and finds a guy with a pistol. Are they going then to blame Loki because he is not doing real help? 

The concept of the game is what it is. And I would like to see people here arguing about nuke frames playing versus high tier mobs. Have they ever try to build or go simulator? Have they ever played versus high level mobs? Have they ever play index rounds to get the challenge?

When you discover Volt 4th skill can kill mobs level 20 but it is not done for DPS, Saryn can't kill mobs after a mid-tier range and it is done for armor decreasing or equinox is more a support when you find yourself playing versus adult NPCs.

Probably then they will return the forum to say "Oh, S#&$! it is imposible! You have to nerf the mobs".

Always the same questions always the same answers.

• Like 2