Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow the use of secondary weapon when we are on K-drive & use it in normal missions

HeartPurity

K-drive is seldom used compared to archwing, it is slower and you can't equip any weapons which make it inferior to archwing that can use weapons and is faster. Thus, we should be able to use at least the secondary weapon on K-drive to make it more relevant.

Moreover, as we can only equip archwing in open area, why don't allow K-drive to be used in normal missions so that for bigger area you can choose between archwing/ K-drive, for smaller maps you got only K-drive, then it will spark up the gameplay and encourage the use of K-drive. Even bumping into the wall with K-drive is a harmless chuckle. Players will adapt and know when it is really too narrow for K-drive and when they can bring out their flashy K-drive. That will be awesome. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HeartPurity said:

K-drive is seldom used compared to archwing, it is slower and you can't equip any weapons which make it inferior to archwing that can use weapons and is faster. Thus, we should be able to use at least the secondary weapon on K-drive to make it more relevant.

Moreover, as we can only equip archwing in open area, why don't allow K-drive to be used in normal missions so that for bigger area you can choose between archwing/ K-drive, for smaller maps you got only K-drive, then it will spark up the gameplay and encourage the use of K-drive. Even bumping into the wall with K-drive is a harmless chuckle. Players will adapt and know when it is really too narrow for K-drive and when they can bring out their flashy K-drive. That will be awesome. 

There's enough bugs as it is with K-drives in open world. Imagine what would happen in other missions.

• Like 1

I remember the team saying on stream that normal areas are not really built for it. For example doorways are too small for a tenno on a k-drive to get through.

It would be cool to be able to use weapons on the k-drive though. Could have some sort of mobile heists where you chase one of the Corpus Wheels.

• Like 2

Few issues with that:
-What tiles are big enough to handle K-Drives speed?  I mean just think of how crappy it would be to constantly hit walls and ping off in a ragdoll (that they still haven't implemented a quick way to get up from) because it would simply be way too hard to control the movement speed.
Hek people have problems controlling Gauss' speed in normal missions so how would they handle k-drives?

-What doorways are big enough for someone on a K-Drive to get through?

-What tile in the game is clean enough that you could actually navigate through it without being immediately knocked off of your board?  I mean there are still problems of being randomly sent flying from your board going across flat terrain in the OW maps...and normal tiles are just so much denser and cluttered with random objects that stick out.

Basically the normal maps simply aren't designed for it.  They are too small, too cluttered, and the respawn ceilings are way too low.

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

-What tiles are big enough to handle K-Drives speed?  I mean just think of how crappy it would be to constantly hit walls and ping off in a ragdoll (that they still haven't implemented a quick way to get up from) because it would simply be way too hard to control the movement speed.

Plenty. Most tiles on Earth, most tiles on Jupiter, most tiles on Venus, especially the exterior ones. Grineer Shipyards and Grineer Asteroids have plenty of large open spaces. K-Drives are not that hard to drive indoors. I routinely ride mine in the Research Labs in Orb Vallis. And yes, ragdolling off them is annoying. I'd personally prefer for the ragdoll effect to be removed entirely, or at least via mod. It really serves no purpose other than to be "funny," in a "Tony Hawk's Pro Skater wipeout" sense, but it's not necessary. K-Drives are not that hard to control.

5 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

-What doorways are big enough for someone on a K-Drive to get through?

Same as above. Plenty of doors on Earth, all doors on Jupiter, most doors on Venus, Ceres, Corpus Ship, Grineer Galleon, Grineer Asteroid. Oh, and Orokin Towers - those have gigantic tall doors. Besides - if a door happens to be too narrow or too low, you always have the option of getting off the K-Drive. It's a pretty fast animation.