Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New augment mods suggestion

Zoh_Veldae

The most recently added augment mods were a bit lackluster, to say the least.

That's why I'm going to suggest 4 new ones that are (probably) better additions.

They're not re-working any existing augment mod, what's done is done. It's just new ones for abilities that still don't have any.

Wisp: Crop Rotation

Reservoirs augment. Changes Health, Haste and Shock motes into Weapon Lifesteal, Multishot and Electric Detonation motes respectively at 25/50/75/100% of duration.

While the current setup is pretty good already, I thought to add a little optional sidegrade to them. Weapon Lifesteal will heal you off the damage dealt by your weapons, Multishot will add multishot capabilities to your primary and secondary weapons and Electric Detonation will have enemies killed by your weapon explode for Electric damage, much like how the mod "Combustion Beam" works.

Limbo: Eroding Stasis

Stasis augment. Changes Stasis to instead slow enemies by 20/40/60/80% and deal 200/500/700/1000 Corrosive damage per second to affected enemies.

Stasis by itself is phenomenal as a CC. But sometimes it gets boring seeing enemies come in and out of the rift while slowly advancing towards your Cataclysm with Stasis on before they finally die due to the impact damage of constantly entering and exiting the rift. This augment will speed up the kills and offer Limbo an alternative way to deal with enemies. The damage may be a bit too high so some tweaking may be needed.

Gauss: Afterimage

Redline augment. While at 100% battery, generate an afterimage of Gauss that replicates all his actions with a 1 second delay at 20/50/70/90% of strength.

Just a cool augment to make a cool ability even cooler. It's meant to replicate everything Gauss does with a delay, firing weapons, casting abilities, running and jumping, everything. It will look cool and be useful in the same way Mirage's "Hall of Mirror's" ability is. Did I mention it would look pretty damn cool?

Revenant: Sinister Danse

Danse Macabre augment. No longer spins and become immobile. Gradually increases damage dealt by 1/3/6/10% per second (max.200%) and energy spent by 5/3/2/1% (max. 100%) while maintaining the ability.

More or less do the opposite of what "Mesa's Waltz" does for Mesa. You'll still be able to rotate the beams with your cursor, but it will make you immobile, making it easier for enemies to hit you and redirect that damage into his beams.

Just something I thought up of since I was just a wee bit miffed at some of the new augments added.

Comment if you think it's hot or not.

Edited by Zoh_Veldae
Typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)calzonesrotos said:

Dude, these are some of the greatest ideas I have seen, they are well balanced and do not do crazy things, you are making these abilities better than they already are, I personally loved the wisp one!

Thanks man! Hopefully DE will think the same.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-21 at 1:14 PM, Zoh_Veldae said:

Redline augment. While at 100% battery, generate an afterimage of Gauss that replicates all his actions with a 1 second delay at 20/50/70/90% of strength.

Just a cool augment to make a cool ability even cooler. It's meant to replicate everything Gauss does with a delay, firing weapons, casting abilities, running and jumping, everything. It will look cool and be useful in the same way Mirage's "Hall of Mirror's" ability is. Did I mention it would look pretty damn cool?

Gauss main approves of this augment

I got a few ideas for an augment for Ivara. The mods that were released lately kinda inspired me of mods that gives you (arguably) great benefits at the cost of something. Okay, here it goes:

Augment no.1, Navigator augment: projectiles controlled by navigator turns into a "beacon" when hitting an enemy and sticks to them for a period of time. For the duration, said enemy will be marked on the radar, receive extra damage, and possibly adds homing properties to your projectiles (à la buzlok) but slows down their flight speed.

Augment no. 2, Artemis Bow augment: turns the Artemis Bow into a Long-range, high damage, single target weapon at the cost of energy drain, charge rate and firing requirements. Increased flight speed, increased base crit chance to 50% and doubles/triples base damage, arrows are concentrated into a single target and fires in a straight line with 1 m punchthrough. In exchange, firing costs 25% more energy, charge rate is doubled, and must be fully charged in order to be fired.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Blank_on_Blank
Spelling

2 hours ago, Blank_on_Blank said:

I got a few ideas for an augment for Ivara. The mods that were released lately kinda inspired me of mods that gives you (arguably) great benefits at the cost of something. Okay, here it goes:

Augment no.1, Navigator augment: projectiles controlled by navigator turns into a "beacon" when hitting an enemy and sticks to them for a period of time. For the duration, said enemy will be marked on the radar, receive extra damage, and possibly adds homing properties to your projectiles (à la buzlok) but slows down their flight speed.

Augment no. 2, Artemis Bow augment: turns the Artemis Bow into a Long-range, high damage, single target weapon at the cost of energy drain, charge rate and firing requirements. Increased flight speed, increased base crit chance to 50% and doubles/triples base damage, arrows are concentrated into a single target and fires in a straight line with 1 m punchthrough. In exchange, firing costs 25% more energy, charge rate is doubled, and must be fully charged in order to be fired.

Any thoughts?

For your first suggestion, it raises a few questions. What attacks get drawn in by the homing functionality? All your weapon's or just Artemis Bow, for example? And if it's all, how will it interact with each type of shot (projectile, hitscan, beam, etc)? Buzlok works because it exclusively affects itself so you can just swap out to something else to conserve the beacon and its shots are projectiles, so they have flight time to be modified by homing properties.

For the second, this sounds a lot like what the current augment "Concentrated Arrow" is. Even if it does remove punch-through, the radius of the explosion on headshot can kinda work as a sort of pseudo-punch through. And if it's to turn the bow into a completely new weapon, I say we wait until DE themselves establish some sort of precedent for that first. We've had augments to change some aspect of Exalted weapons like "Chromatic Blade" for Excal, but we never had any to outright change the weapon type, like, say, changing Exalted Blade to Dual Blades or a Nikana or something.

The first augment's homing property is basicaly just my "wouldn't it be nice?" suggestion. It could work without the homing property, but instead it'd give the entire squad an extra damage against the tagged enemy. If so, the trade off would be that the damage multiplier only be a portion of the original Navigator's.

For the Artemis Bow, it doesn't change it to an exalted sniper or anything, it basicaly just changes the stats so that it could function better at long range. The normal AB functions more like a shotgun (optimal damage up-close, but loses its damage potential at long distances) while the Concentrated Arrow turns it into a mid-range rocket launcher on headshots. In this case, it'll function more like a scopeless Lanka. The buffed cc, base dmg, concentrated shot, increased charge time, and firing mechanic is to improve the consistency of each shot, but reduces its crowd clearing capabilities for high single-target damage at longer distances while not turning it into a semi-auto rifle with 125% cc.

2 hours ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

For your first suggestion, it raises a few questions. What attacks get drawn in by the homing functionality? All your weapon's or just Artemis Bow, for example? And if it's all, how will it interact with each type of shot (projectile, hitscan, beam, etc)? Buzlok works because it exclusively affects itself so you can just swap out to something else to conserve the beacon and its shots are projectiles, so they have flight time to be modified by homing properties.

For the second, this sounds a lot like what the current augment "Concentrated Arrow" is. Even if it does remove punch-through, the radius of the explosion on headshot can kinda work as a sort of pseudo-punch through. And if it's to turn the bow into a completely new weapon, I say we wait until DE themselves establish some sort of precedent for that first. We've had augments to change some aspect of Exalted weapons like "Chromatic Blade" for Excal, but we never had any to outright change the weapon type, like, say, changing Exalted Blade to Dual Blades or a Nikana or something.

The first augment's homing property is basicaly just my "wouldn't it be nice?" suggestion. It could work without the homing property, but instead it'd give the entire squad an extra damage against the tagged enemy. If so, the trade off would be that the damage multiplier only be a portion of the original Navigator's.

For the Artemis Bow, it doesn't change it to an exalted sniper or anything, it basicaly just changes the stats so that it could function better at long range. The normal AB functions more like a shotgun (optimal damage up-close, but loses its damage potential at long distances) while the Concentrated Arrow turns it into a mid-range rocket launcher on headshots. In this case, it'll function more like a scopeless Lanka. The buffed cc, base dmg, concentrated shot, increased charge time, and firing mechanic is to improve the consistency of each shot, but reduces its crowd clearing capabilities for high single-target damage at longer distances while not turning it into a semi-auto rifle with 125% cc.

On 2020-05-21 at 6:14 AM, Zoh_Veldae said:

The most recently added augment mods were a bit lackluster, to say the least.

That's why I'm going to suggest 4 new ones that are (probably) better additions.

They're not re-working any existing augment mod, what's done is done. It's just new ones for abilities that still don't have any.

Wisp: Crop Rotation

Reservoirs augment. Changes Health, Haste and Shock motes into Weapon Lifesteal, Multishot and Electric Detonation motes respectively at 25/50/75/100% of duration.

While the current setup is pretty good already, I thought to add a little optional sidegrade to them. Weapon Lifesteal will heal you off the damage dealt by your weapons, Multishot will add multishot capabilities to your primary and secondary weapons and Electric Detonation will have enemies killed by your weapon explode for Electric damage, much like how the mod "Combustion Beam" works.

Limbo: Eroding Stasis

Stasis augment. Changes Stasis to instead slow enemies by 20/40/60/80% and deal 200/500/700/1000 Corrosive damage per second to affected enemies.

Stasis by itself is phenomenal as a CC. But sometimes it gets boring seeing enemies come in and out of the rift while slowly advancing towards your Cataclysm with Stasis on before they finally die due to the impact damage of constantly entering and exiting the rift. This augment will speed up the kills and offer Limbo an alternative way to deal with enemies. The damage may be a bit too high so some tweaking may be needed.

Revenant: Sinister Danse

Danse Macabre augment. No longer spins and become immobile. Gradually increases damage dealt by 1/3/6/10% per second (max.200%) and energy spent by 5/3/2/1% (max. 100%) while maintaining the ability.

More or less do the opposite of what "Mesa's Waltz" does for Mesa. You'll still be able to rotate the beams with your cursor, but it will make you immobile, making it easier for enemies to hit you and redirect that damage into his beams.

Just something I thought up of since I was just a wee bit miffed at some of the new augments added.

Comment if you think it's hot or not.

For Revenant I was thinking of his Fourth being able to levitate if you press and hold the jump button. Since the sentients float around, figured he should be able to as well. Especially since his ability has an aiming problem. If he can levitate, then players could levitate to the right angle to hit all enemies while still being able to move. Basically become some sentient death satellite. 

Gauss Mach Rush. Basically his Mach Rush allows him to build up so much momentum that he can run up walls if ran into at an angle. Maybe he could run straight up them if you look up while running into the wall. Also think he should able to hold at least single handed melees out to his side that will allow him to damage enemies as he rushes through them. The damage would simply be equal to a melee swing of that melee. Could build combo multiplier up while doing that. 

Wisp First ability augment would be nice if it could allow more plants to select from. Like being able to increase armor, summon a plant that releases a cloud that puts enemies nearby to sleep. 

Wisp Fourth augment would be cool if it could turn it into a single laser burst. Similar to an opticor. It would deal much more DPS since it would no longer be a continuous laser. Just burst laser, turn around around and burst laser again. 

Grendel third ability, hold to fire all enemies like a mini gun. Basically turn his semi automatic spitting into an automatic spitting. Get the enemies out quicker before energy reaches zero and deal more damage to a single enemy quicker. 

Just some suggestions. 

The Limbo's stasis aug looks good, but damage here has 2 drawbacks: it's too big for lower-level enemies and too weak for high-level ones. I think it's better for it to just chip off 1/2/3/4% of their health (ignore shields and armor), killing anyone in 25 seconds (higher strength takes more health, higher duration takes health more often). 

13 hours ago, daktfi said:

The Limbo's stasis aug looks good, but damage here has 2 drawbacks: it's too big for lower-level enemies and too weak for high-level ones. I think it's better for it to just chip off 1/2/3/4% of their health (ignore shields and armor), killing anyone in 25 seconds (higher strength takes more health, higher duration takes health more often). 

Yeah, the damage numbers would be a bit weird to pin down in this case, but I'm thinking they can go a bit higher since Stasis by itself does nothing and requires setup by his other abilities. Maybe percent damage would work better, I dunno.

On 2020-05-25 at 9:18 PM, Zoh_Veldae said:

Yeah, the damage numbers would be a bit weird to pin down in this case, but I'm thinking they can go a bit higher since Stasis by itself does nothing and requires setup by his other abilities. Maybe percent damage would work better, I dunno.

Well, if we look at https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Maximization page - we see permanent bonus of 237% to strength - that's will give roughly 13.5%, or 7.4 seconds to kill enemy - quite decent already. Now, if we throw in the 206% maximized duration - this will reduce time what? threefold? To two and half second? On high levels that will turn Limbo into new meta, y'know... 😉

So, 4% is quite generous... Even 2% of True Damage will be quite good already.

On the other hand, of course that will require a LOT of mods... basically, ALL slots will be occupied with duration or strength boost mods - maybe space for one or another utility/survivality, but the numbers are all here. 🙂

Am 23.5.2020 um 21:28 schrieb Blank_on_Blank:

Any thoughts?

Especially the first one sounds nice.

What about giving it a similar mechanic like the Zenith for some more synergy? I thought about 2 possibilities:

a) The marked enemy is visible for some duration (let's say by default something between 5-10 seconds) and all shots fired with the Artemis Bow get infinite punchtrough towards the marked enemy (which might be somewhat difficult to code, since PT behaves sometimes weird).

or

b) Every (or at least the next) arrow, that is fired from Artemis bow takes the exact same path of the last navigator projectile, punching through every enemy that meanwhile had moved into that path until it reaches the marked target.

Edited by _Mannaroth_