Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garudas Talons should be available in mission as well as melee.

(PSN)TNDA_Vice

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I'd really like to have to not choose between her talons are my other equipped melee.  We could either hold the swap button longer or maybe have it as an already equipped gear item in the selection when you are playing Garuda so that you could use it on the go.   They feel too cool not to use but the stats aren't anything to write home about.  They should feel truly vicious.  Either way they should be used more than they are and not just some fashion attachment.  Maybe even give them a slight bonus when they are in use versus when they aren't?

Any thoughts or critism is appreciated.  Thanks for reading!

I don't see a reason to have two melee weapons at once in the same mission. Actually, I'm all for giving all exalted melee weapons Garuda Talons treatment, replacing respective ultimate abilities with something useful.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, (PS4)TNDA_Vice said:

They should feel truly vicious.

You forgot to explain what you meant by this. It is pretty meaningless as it is now.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)TNDA_Vice said:

They feel too cool not to use but the stats aren't anything to write home about.

They feel like what they are: a gimmick. Newer frames need one.

Holding a button longer probably wont work great on controllers. It is too arbitrary. You would need a defined button for it (again, doesn't work well on controllers).

3 hours ago, (PS4)TNDA_Vice said:

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I'd really like to have to not choose between her talons are my other equipped melee.  We could either hold the swap button longer or maybe have it as an already equipped gear item in the selection when you are playing Garuda so that you could use it on the go.

Yes, but if we're gonna make strides here, I want my arcane helmets converted into arcanes usable only for the respective Warframes they exist for. I genuinely don't understand the logic behind gating off a pseudo exalted just because they feel you shouldn't be able to use more than one melee in a mission on a specific Warframe. Meanwhile, Excalibur, Baruuk, Titania, Valkyr exist.

3 hours ago, Xaero said:

I don't see a reason to have two melee weapons at once in the same mission. Actually, I'm all for giving all exalted melee weapons Garuda Talons treatment, replacing respective ultimate abilities with something useful.

A friend brought up an excellent point: If you make it linear across the board, do they still have a requirement to be used? Because Garuda doesn't, and you're asking for the same way the frame is set up now, to apply to frames with melee exalted, pseudo or not. They can see that kind of becoming a problem with Baruuk and the augment associated with that particular exalted.

3 hours ago, (PS4)TNDA_Vice said:

Perhaps as the gear option then?  That wouldn't add problems for controllers but it wouldn't really be fast.  That's the downside.

The friend I mentioned above, we discussed potentially having it moved to Garuda's third ability: Bloodletting. Hold to use, with the addition of a neat animation.

Inconsistency will plague those who feel that they should adhere to the opposite; and yet simultaneously strive for a difference.

5 minutes ago, Lahared said:

Yes, but if we're gonna make strides here, I want my arcane helmets converted into arcanes usable only for the respective Warframes they exist for. I genuinely don't understand the logic behind gating off a pseudo exalted just because they feel you shouldn't be able to use more than one melee in a mission on a specific Warframe. Meanwhile, Excalibur, Baruuk, Titania, Valkyr exist.

A friend brought up an excellent point: If you make it linear across the board, do they still have a requirement to be used? Because Garuda doesn't, and you're asking for the same way the frame is set up now, to apply to frames with melee exalted, pseudo or not. They can see that kind of becoming a problem with Baruuk and the augment associated with that particular exalted.

The friend I mentioned above, we discussed potentially having it moved to Garuda's third ability: Bloodletting. Hold to use, with the addition of a neat animation.

Inconsistency will plague those who feel that they should adhere to the opposite; and yet simultaneously strive for a difference.

An ability could work very well.  Would you intend it to have a duration then if it's a hold ability?

34 minutes ago, Lahared said:

The idea basically is to separate the respective weapons and special ability stuff, get rid of energy consumption and allow access to all mods and stances. Activating the ultimate with former exalted melee weapon equipped wouldn't be much different from how it works currently. Activating the ultimate with another melee weapon equipped could grant something else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xaero said:

Yes, this is really what is really needed. The current system where you are locked in one weapon makes me sad. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)TNDA_Vice said:

An ability could work very well.  Would you intend it to have a duration then if it's a hold ability?

I was thinking more of a secondary toggle effect that you can interact with using the same button you drew the talons with to retract them. I would assume this would allow you to use Garuda's kit as if nothing changed, with an easy to opt-in mechanic. (Basically hold your assigned keybinding for Garuda's 3rd ability). Since there's really no energy requirement to use the talons, I don't see much of a point adding further restriction. If the developers should see this post, if you really must add one, add the condition to aim at an enemy to be able trigger the toggle aspect. It would synergize with Garuda's 2nd ability.

Lastly, allow them to be modifiable at the arsenal screen while having another melee equipped. I'm not sure how you feel about the proposed solution presented above, but it's the only practical and logical one I can think of. The same ability that is used to generate energy with those talons could be used to eviscerate enemies all the same.

TL:DR to your initial question in that post: No, I wouldn't, but Digital Extremes might.

Edited by Lahared

16 hours ago, (PS4)TNDA_Vice said:

Any thoughts or critism is appreciated.

I didn't see the need at first, but thinking about it a bit more, it's a cool idea.  It would make this little inherent weapon perk that Garuda has stand out better, without being anywhere near as profound as a fifth ability.

(I'll just mention in case you didn't know already that in the devstream yesterday DE did say they'd be buffing the Talons with the next release.)