Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

add incentive to fight something else than grineer

MonsterOfMyOwn

I'm not surprised about this stat

F_DSFZrPLjjZrv6RYRzO6hP4zcpgoJCM5SXgGW7p

Infested have fewer maps on starchart, no open world.
Orokin also only have 1 planet and on fissure you usually fight another faction.

Now grineer / Corpus : grineer have fast XP maps (Helen, Hydron, Adaro), and have less annoying ennemies (no nullifiers, bursa), and even recently grineer armor have been nerfed while Corpus got shield gating, and gas (and zenistar) were nerfed.
Also grineer got Kuva survival, Kuva liches, and railjack

As long as Corpus are a chore to fight, XP less than grineer, don't even provide "end-game rewards" (i.e. Kuva and Bramma equivalent), there will be no reason to play against them when you are not forced to do it.

So things will probably change with OP primary kitguns, but without RNG double dip / valence, it'll be a "do once" activity. with "hard / very hard" mode I hope that you will be able to level guns / warframe as fast as hydron / adaro with any map (yes I know ESO is faster for weapons, but we found recently that railjack was even faster and also give intrinsics)

... and to be honest : check arbitration stats, you'll get even more precise data.

I really think that it's time to lower the parasitic eximus spam for infested and nullifier spam for corpus... or add an equivalent chore when fighting against grineer (a parasitic eximus Nox with nullifier bubble who spam those grenades multiple times and knockdown.... spawning by bunch of 6 past 15min of survival / wave 10 of defense... true end-game...)

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn
  • Like 3

il y a 13 minutes, PurrrningBoop a dit :

Don't forget that we got half a year's worh of content dedicated to Grineer: Old Blood, Empyrean, Scarlet Spear. Next week we are getting Corpus Tileset rework, that will bump up stats slightly.

I started playing a few months before fortuna, currently have 2k hours on steam (with little idle time as I don't trade and exit the game when not playing), and I farmed a second broken war in Lua survival, I farmed my strain mod set in fortuna, and I like messing in temple of profit to raise the alert level, but even then my very own kill stats are like those above.

I usually play arbitration when it's interception or survival against grineer, because arbitration drones are enough of an annoyance

• Like 2

Well I would say to De to open up the tile sets when it comes to Eris and the infested so they can allow the larger versions of the Juggernaut, Phorid, and Lephantis to roam free and they can  then also introduce much more terrifying and bulkier Infested Units down the road, because currently Eris is really not that much fun for anything and it really kills the Warfare's mobility so there's no draw to go there beyond Atlas or Akkad.

• Like 1

While doing some ESO runs, it is glaringly obvious how EXP is skewed towards Grineer, they shouldn't be equal, but they should be more roughly similar.

IMO, Corpus speical units like Nullifier should give a lot more EXP, at least.

• Like 4

Il y a 13 heures, OwlOfJune a dit :

While doing some ESO runs, it is glaringly obvious how EXP is skewed towards Grineer, they shouldn't be equal, but they should be more roughly similar.

IMO, Corpus speical units like Nullifier should give a lot more EXP, at least.

Agreed. Infested, corpus and corrupted should reward more xp. Keep it less than grineer if they want it that way, but make a good place to level for each faction

• Like 2

Corpus "Liches" are an obvious possible addition (Zanuka style adapted warframe monster), and the same could easily go with Infested (something that mutates to adapt to you).

I think Corpus would be more bearable if Bursas only had 90% DR from the front, rather than 100% immunity, and if Nullifiers were either static/deployed zones, or actually had a damage cap rather than just counting individual hits. Why can a Rank 0 peashooter with high fire rate break a nullifier bubble faster than a god-slaying ultra bazooka? It makes weapons tedious and/or pointless.

As for infested, I'd much rather see the focus on energy depletion (Ancient Disruptors, Energy Leech Eximus) get thrown largely away, and have there be something more interesting and unique. Imagine Resident-Evil style, if infested enemies damaged you enough they would become invulnerable for a few seconds, and mutate into a more powerful form? Or maybe the mutating happens when they get soaked in enough infested blood (feeding off the carcasses of their fallen)? Totally up their alley, suits them more than energy draining and would make things more interesting.

• Like 2

Grineer are easily-killable cannon fodder (before level 150) that have more content than any other faction (Lichs, Railjack, Arena, etc) and also (for some stupid reason) give a ridiculous amount of affinity compared to any other faction (Helene on Saturn is still a better affinity farm than Outer Terminus on Pluto). Compared to other factions, the Grineer also have the most memorable and fun boss-fights on the Star-Chart. 

The Corpus are annoying and are the only faction that routinely feature shielded enemies. On top of that, they also have annoying troops such as the Nullifiers, the Bursas, the Ambulas, the Techs and their drones, the Fusion Moas that have the Void Beams as their primary weapons, the radial knock-down Moas and so-on. Furthermore, the Corpus have some of the weakest "boss" enemies in the game, some of which have needed reworks for years. The more memorable Corpus "boss" figures are no longer fightable as well! To top it all off, the Orb Vallis Corpus are ridiculously over-tuned and are more than frustrating to play against. Oh and lest I forget! Toroid farm anyone?

The Infested are DE's take on zombies. They are a lot better than they were on release, but they are still 99% comprised of mindless, stupid AI creatures whose sole purpose it is to run at you and die in vast numbers. The ancients are not exactly any tougher for the majority of us than the chargers, except they come with an added annoyance of draining all of your energy or "toughening-up" the rest of the fodder-enemies. The mutalist ospreys are just ridiculous at the moment as well, with their toxin clouds doing no damage one second, then insta-killing you the next for seemingly no reason. The Infested also have some of the worst-designed tile-sets on the Star-Chart and absolutely laughable "boss" type creatures such as Phorid, the Juggernaut, the Jordas Golem and Lephantis. 

The Corrupted as-is are just there for the sake of adding an enemy to the Void. I saw a thread on the forums today calling them a "placeholder enemy" and I can't disagree. They are copy-paste cannon fodder enemies from the other factions with a lick of Orokin paint. There's literally nothing else to them and no real "boss" figure to even speak of. Corrupted Vor doesn't even count as he's a Grineer infused with Orokin tech.

The Sentients are obviously being played-up to be some massively tough enemy that we will fight in vast numbers at some point down the line, when the Story of Warframe finally picks up again, but as-is, they are just an annoyance that can be found during an event, or that will sometimes show-up during missions on Lua. Lua, the planet that everyone hates and wants to avoid because of how convoluted and maze-like all the tile-sets are.

-----

So, until the Corpus give us some incentive for us to fight them, outside of the Orb Vallis Toroid/Standing grind (which isn't even technically "Star-Chart" content), then we will always prioritize the Grineer. 

The Infested will remain the cannon-fodder enemy that we fight to get easy rewards (Invasions for Mutagen Mass) until they get heavily reworked.

The Corrupted will always just "be there" for lore reasons while we are running Void Capture for our Argons, or running Relics, until they get a serious overhaul. 

The Sentients are likely going to be a much more heavily prioritized enemy on DE's side as we start to head into "The New War" as I would assume they are going to be massively expanded upon in the next few months/years.

• Like 2