Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Delete Account

I no longer agree to the Eula or ToS and request it to be deleted, i would submit it Via the Zendesk but they refused and ban me from the help desk. Also will be saving this for legal purposes if Warframe refuses.

I know, I've had accounts deleted in the past.  Just not sure what you mean by 

9 minutes ago, Dandorian said:

Also will be saving this for legal purposes if Warframe refuses.

as Warframe is not legally obligated to delete the account, from my understanding, because it's not really your account.

Edited by MagPrime

Just now, MagPrime said:

I know, I've had accounts deleted in the past.  Just not sure what you mean by 

as Warframe is not legally obligated to delete the account, from my understanding.

Actually, if your in California it's a consumer right by Law.

2 minutes ago, Dandorian said:

Does that extend to Canada?

EDIT: Nope

The CCPA applies to any company that operates in California and either makes at least $25 million in annual revenue, gathers data on more than 50,000 users, or makes more than half its money off of user data. For California residents, it creates a handful of new rights over their data

https://www.wired.com/story/ccpa-guide-california-privacy-law-takes-effect/

Edited by MagPrime

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Does that extend to Canada?

I believe that they have to follow laws according to the region just as Blizzard has to deal with the EU version for those customers.

1 minute ago, Dandorian said:

I believe that they have to follow laws according to the region just as Blizzard has to deal with the EU version for those customers.

Looks like it's only if they're located in California.  They're based in London, Ontario, Canada.  

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Looks like it's only if they're located in California.  They're based in London, Ontario, Canada.  

If anything if it's not completed i will file a complaint with the FTC which this would be covered as unfair business practices.

After reading this thread I am fairly certain that you're overreacting, OP.

Filing a complain for unfair business practices because they... don't delete an account that you don't even plan on using anymore?

It's not like you got your credit card number saved here. If anything they'll laugh at you.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Dandorian said:

You don't have rights, only temporary privileges that can be taken away at any moment. You agreed to a legal and binding contract when you originally agreed to the EULA/TOS. Also good luck as Live Service Games are not Google/Facebook/Twitter as for the FTC this is not a Federal Law they won't get involved. 

If you wish to have your account deleted, you will need to contact DE Customer Support via support ticket.

If you have acted in an inappropriate manner towards DE Customer Support staff (i.e. abusive behavior, spamming tickets, etc) and subsequently been banned from the support page, then you can always change your account password to random characters (while keeping your eyes closed), clearing your cache & cookies and deleting your saved password data from your browser so you cannot log back in. Although it's not an actual deletion of your account, it's probably the best best thing available to you.

If you wish to go through with what I described above, I can also remove all of your forum posts as well. Please let me know via PM if this is an acceptable solution.

• Like 9