Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running out of Revulite not fun Part 2

SandvichToaster

So, I don't know what little flashing light or whatever I missed on my HUD to tell me I was in danger.

I just did Nsu Grid for the third time.  Failed the first two times after defeating all the ships, because there was a glitch and the last fragging door on the objective wouldn't open.  This time I did the objectives first.  Then I shot all the little ships, then I went for the crew ships.  I boarded the last two crew ships and blew them up.  The health bars on my ship were full, so I was quite happy.  Mission Complete.

I then started mopping up dropped mods and things with my archwing.

Suddenly, and I use that word because I had absolutely no indication that ram sleds were launched or there was anyone else still alive except me, I get Cephalon CY saying catastrophic failure imminent.  I teleport back to my ship, it's full of grinneer and I have 50 seconds to fix a hull breach.  I do so.

They instantly make another hull breach, but I can't fix it because I've run out of Revulite.  I didn't even know I was close to running out, I only had a couple of minor repairs earlier in the mission.

It's seriously unfun to fail a mission for a BS reason when you think you've already succeeded.

It's even more unfun to fail it for a BS reason when you've failed the previous 3 missions because of a ridiculous bugged door.

ARGH.

1 hour ago, SandvichToaster said:

I didn't even know I was close to running out, I only had a couple of minor repairs earlier in the mission.

If you're using Fire Suppression it no longer puts out fires for free. It uses the same amount of revolite as if you actually repaired it... but without the affinity it seems.

You said you cleared the objective and fighters first, so I assume at this point you should have at least enough resources to craft all your Revolite need

Did you open crates and lockers in the Grineer base, at all? Weaving through the asteroid fields to pickup various resources during your mission? RJ pickup range is 2x now.

In hindsight, you probably should have done that, eh?

On 2020-05-28 at 5:20 PM, rikimaru6811 said:

You said you cleared the objective and fighters first, so I assume at this point you should have at least enough resources to craft all your Revolite need

Did you open crates and lockers in the Grineer base, at all? Weaving through the asteroid fields to pickup various resources during your mission? RJ pickup range is 2x now.

In hindsight, you probably should have done that, eh?

I had enough resources.  It was time that I was short of.

And I did not realise that the forge gave you the result instantly.  Due to a bug where I lost dome charges that I'd crafted during the mission, I thought it took the full 3.5 minutes cooldown before you got more of anything.

So turns out the 50 seconds would have been enough, but I didn't know that, because, bugs. It was extremely frustrating.

Also turned out that the mission was counted as succeeded and I did still get the mission reward, even though it told me I failed.  Mixed signals are fun.