Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do i still get only max 15k focus points per round?????

SaladDressings

Question

Hello everyone,

I am kinda pissed right now. I am playing saryn in eso for focus farming. I have two lua lenses, one on saryn one on my sepfahn. I don't have any other weapons equipped. I go in, spread my spores, and have them up almost nonstop. I press 4 every 10 seconds. I even have a ssmeeta kavat with charm with me. Still, I only get max. 15k focus points per orb, but most of the time 10k or less. I just don't get why.... others get 15k focus WITHOUT any boosters and with ONE NORMAL lens. I hate having to grind 2-3 hours just to get my daily cap. It feels very unrewarding and makes me wanting to not fasrm any focus at all.

Maybe you know something.

Thank you

19 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

Hello everyone,

I am kinda pissed right now. I am playing saryn in eso for focus farming. I have two lua lenses, one on saryn one on my sepfahn. I don't have any other weapons equipped. I go in, spread my spores, and have them up almost nonstop. I press 4 every 10 seconds. I even have a ssmeeta kavat with charm with me. Still, I only get max. 15k focus points per orb, but most of the time 10k or less. I just don't get why.... others get 15k focus WITHOUT any boosters and with ONE NORMAL lens. I hate having to grind 2-3 hours just to get my daily cap. It feels very unrewarding and makes me wanting to not fasrm any focus at all.

Thank you

Your build sucks. I have edilon lens some time I take 20k 30k 40k

13 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

First question, are both your Saryn and Sepfahn at rank 30? Even if you have a lens attached you won't gain focus until max rank. This includes if you forma your build, it won't gain focus until it gets back to max rank.

Second, are you doing ESO solo or with a group? More enemies spawn in groups and therefore the affinity/focus gain in theory should be higher.

Lastly, if you are in a group are you staying within the shared affinity range of other players?

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)crashteddy03:

First question, are both your Saryn and Sepfahn at rank 30? Even if you have a lens attached you won't gain focus until max rank. This includes if you forma your build, it won't gain focus until it gets back to max rank.

Second, are you doing ESO solo or with a group? More enemies spawn in groups and therefore the affinity/focus gain in theory should be higher.

Lastly, if you are in a group are you staying within the shared affinity range of other players?

Yes, my weapons and saryn are maxed.

I am playing in a group.

Yes, I am in affinity range most of the time

12 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

Is this all you have to say??? NO, my build does NOT suck: https://imgur.com/SyfYfCa

Your picture is too blurry to even read your stats. But you should drop overextended and replace your Umbral mod. It’s not a great choice when you have only one. 

• edit again: you would be better to keep umbral intensify and swap virtuality for umbral.

The lens on your melee shouldn’t make much difference. A decent Saryn build means you should be getting most of the kills in the squad with your abilities. A mission summary would be helpful, because we cannot see how you performed.

• It just sounds like you are either not running with a full squad, or your just underperforming. That could be a result of your build, lack of energy, or other people having better DPS builds.
Edited by krc473
  • Like 1

vor 1 Minute schrieb krc473:

Your picture is too blurry to even read your stats. But you should drop overextended and replace your Umbral mod. It’s not a great choice when you have only one.

The lens on your melee shouldn’t make much difference. A decent Saryn build means you should be getting most of the kills in the squad with your abilities. A mission summary would be helpful, because we cannot see how you performed.

• It just sounds like you are either not running with a full squad, or your just underperforming. That could be a result of your build, lack of energy, or other people having better DPS builds.

okay. gonna do a run and send you a screenshot of the mission results

1 minute ago, SaladDressings said:

okay. gonna do a run and send you a screenshot of the mission results

Try and get it so the stats aren’t blurry on it. It won’t be useful if we cannot read any of the information.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb krc473:

• edit again: you would be better to keep umbral intensify and swap virtuality for umbral.

Here's a first run: https://imgur.com/a/lSD1Usk

was with me, another saryn, a mesa nad a trinity. Gonna do another run.

vor 11 Minuten schrieb krc473:

Try and get it so the stats aren’t blurry on it. It won’t be useful if we cannot read any of the information.

Don't know why it's blurry, it's full hd resolution.

Edited by SaladDressings

19 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

Don't know why it's blurry, it's full hd resolution.

I think it might have just been on my end. It looks fine when I use a different device to view it. That hasn't happened before, but hey, these images look fine.

20 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

was with me, another saryn, a mesa nad a trinity. Gonna do another run.

It looks like you need a better squad comp. You also need to stay longer. Perhaps stay till round 8. Leaving early is an excellent way to get less focus.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb krc473:

I think it might have just been on my end. It looks fine when I use a different device to view it. That hasn't happened before, but hey, these images look fine.

It looks like you need a better squad comp. You also need to stay longer. Perhaps stay till round 8. Leaving early is an excellent way to get less focus.

Here's my second run: https://imgur.com/a/G03K5Xn

Stayed 3 zones this time. When I stay longer e.g. zone 8 the points I get don't get better. If I am lucky after 8 zones I have 100k points, but most of the time it's less.

13 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

When I stay longer e.g. zone 8 the points I get don't get better

Yes, but you provided us no baseline for what you were comparing yourself to. If someone stays 8 zones they get more than someone who stays only 3. 

It just looks like your issue is a lack of kills. You seem to have got around 15k focus per round (if you did three rounds). But we don't know what boosters you are using, or what you are comparing yourself to. So it is hard to say what you need to improve. Grab a couple mission reports from others where you know the boosters they have active and see how much they get per wave.

• I would say poor team comp and lack of kills are your issues. 

It looks like you're not picking up the Focus bonus bubble each round, although for ESO I had assumed that it was automatic when you enter the portal as I've never actually seen it on the map. Not sure how to fix that though.

Or the majority of your kills are happening after the focus bonus has expired?

New thought - what focus school do you have equipped? The reason I ask is that there is a weird bug with the Naramon tree where the bonus XP isn't apply correctly to Exalted Weapons and I wonder if it is somehow affecting ESO as well.

Edited by (PS4)crashteddy03
More kills outside of focus bonus?

let's skip past the pointless bickering about Mod Loadouts, you have high Range and good Strength, it's pretty much all the same if you're being active at that point.

what really matters is one question.
how often is the map 'dead and empty'? somewhat counter intuitively, in Onslaught you're Killing the fastest when the Map is spending most of its time empty. is that the case for you? or are Enemies hanging around a lot? Enemies should be Killed basically instantly as they Spawn (with just one DPS rather than 2 then a few seconds usually but close enough).

and ofourse in the first 45 Seconds is where you get 90% of your Focus per Wave.

though 'being active' is also an important point which i mentioned - you should be spreading Spores as much as possible, meaning hitting Enemies with Melee continuously throughout the Wave, and moving around the Tile to ensure coverage. Miasma when it's opportunistic to Kill faster - and Miasma will do most of the mapwiping generally anyways.
and i assume you aren't but just incase - don't wait for Spores to AFK Kill stuff. that's too slow, it's pointless. Spores is mostly there for the Status Effects and to Multiply Miasmas' Damage.

if after everything it's still no dice, just have two DPS. the classic choice is something + Equinox, something to wipe most of the Trash Units to charge Maim and Maim removes the Heavies and any other stragglers. that ensures you're Killing at the highest rate possible, if all else fails.

for context, with fancy Lenses and everything working right, you should be able to cap Focus by Wave 3 or 4, usually.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

Stayed 3 zones this time. When I stay longer e.g. zone 8 the points I get don't get better. If I am lucky after 8 zones I have 100k points, but most of the time it's less.

ESO is the same series of maps and enemy loadouts each time for one week at a time (versus SO which is totally random).  I haven't played ESO this week, so I don't know what the combinations are, but if you're getting a big spreadout map with lots of infested (versus a tight Grineer map), you'll get WAY less affinity.  For example, I could do the same thing with the same squad in one map and get 6k focus and do the same thing in another and get 24k.  If this week's ESO maps are 3 crappy ones, followed by 5 good ones, you're shooting yourself in the foot by leaving after 3.

Also, your run there had 2 other effective DPS frames, so they were probably stealing a lot of kills.  Having another Saryn in the squad is a big problem, since each enemy can only be afflicted by one frame's spores.  IF you're stuck with another Saryn, make sure you cast spores and burst them first (not that they aren't trying to do the same thing to you).  If things are going well, you should have 15-25 enemies afflicted all the time. If they get in first, you might be lucky to have 3-5 afflicted and once you get behind, it is really hard to take over, especially in a good tight map.

I find that I don't really need to spam miasma that much.  I'll usually let spores run for the first 30-40 seconds and then hit it once before the affinity timer runs out.  Let the spores do the work and use your melee or other players to spread them.

• Like 1

vor 41 Minuten schrieb taiiat:

let's skip past the pointless bickering about Mod Loadouts, you have high Range and good Strength, it's pretty much all the same if you're being active at that point.

what really matters is one question.
how often is the map 'dead and empty'? somewhat counter intuitively, in Onslaught you're Killing the fastest when the Map is spending most of its time empty. is that the case for you? or are Enemies hanging around a lot? Enemies should be Killed basically instantly as they Spawn (with just one DPS rather than 2 then a few seconds usually but close enough).

and ofourse in the first 45 Seconds is where you get 90% of your Focus per Wave.

though 'being active' is also an important point which i mentioned - you should be spreading Spores as much as possible, meaning hitting Enemies with Melee continuously throughout the Wave, and moving around the Tile to ensure coverage. Miasma when it's opportunistic to Kill faster - and Miasma will do most of the mapwiping generally anyways.
and i assume you aren't but just incase - don't wait for Spores to AFK Kill stuff. that's too slow, it's pointless. Spores is mostly there for the Status Effects and to Multiply Miasmas' Damage.

if after everything it's still no dice, just have two DPS. the classic choice is something + Equinox, something to wipe most of the Trash Units to charge Maim and Maim removes the Heavies and any other stragglers. that ensures you're Killing at the highest rate possible, if all else fails.

for context, with fancy Lenses and everything working right, you should be able to cap Focus by Wave 3 or 4, usually.

well, especially in the beginning enemies aren't dying that fast, since my spores are building up. but once it's around 500 at the beginning I have those gaps very much. Though when I move up to higher zones, usually i can't get enough damage done to kill everything instantly. Ususally that's the case from zone 7 on.

Also on bigger maps where my miasma doesn't reach every part of the map there are no times at all when there are no enemies at all. e.g. the third zone in this weeks rotation.

6 minutes ago, SaladDressings said:

Also on bigger maps where my miasma doesn't reach every part of the map there are no times at all when there are no enemies at all. e.g. the third zone in this weeks rotation.

the goal is to wipe the Map 'half' at a time - as the Enemies will largely Spawn on the half of the Tile that you didn't Kill them on, so wipe one side, move to the other, once they Spawn then wipe them again, repeat.

vor 1 Minute schrieb taiiat:

the goal is to wipe the Map 'half' at a time - as the Enemies will largely Spawn on the half of the Tile that you didn't Kill them on, so wipe one side, move to the other, once they Spawn then wipe them again, repeat.

Hmmmmm, that's pretty much what I am doing. Still, I only get 15k per orb. Even if there are other dps like saryn or mirage I still should get far more than that. But I just don't

1 hour ago, SaladDressings said:

Hmmmmm, that's pretty much what I am doing. Still, I only get 15k per orb. Even if there are other dps like saryn or mirage I still should get far more than that. But I just don't

I take my words back. use your 1 spread your spore after that use 4. keep your spore up and runing. this way I'm use edilon lens get better point.

and this my build. I'm only use daikyu becasue %3 nikana amalgam healt steal.vnaX5oj.jpg

H1H4HaN.jpgdzjZE4x.jpg