The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

This is an absolutely awesome Thread, I commend you for the effort and time you have taken in putting this together

Not only that, but everything you're saying I can completely understand and sympathise with. There's not much to say when someone has said it all for you, I can only say you've done a kickass job

I definitely agree with those ideas in the starting post, would make things a lot smoother for some of the animations and traveling along areas of the maps. Might that also fix the issue when trying to run along a wall but it failing to grab on and continue at another wall? I used to be able to do that easier in the that one lava room of the mining facility map, but now it doesn't seem to let me grab on and continue so I could jump to the next.

Is that partly from having the hold jump to wallrun active or did it glitched in a fix at some point? Also it can really get annoying when it thinks you wanted to go up the wall when instead you were aiming to run along the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the thread has been revived again. 

I have no hate for coptering now. People can use it and I'll be okay with it. But the issue with parkour still persists if one uses copter as a means of transportation rather than parkour. Has this issue been addressed in Community Hot Topics before?

Looks like the thread has been revived again. 

I have no hate for coptering now. People can use it and I'll be okay with it. But the issue with parkour still persists if one uses copter as a means of transportation rather than parkour. Has this issue been addressed in Community Hot Topics before?

"Parkour" has been addressed, but I'm not sure about copering.

Also bump to revive thread.

DE is working hard to give us a good game and it's people like you that ruin the experience.Yeah we all noticed Parkour is bad at times and can use a rework but do some of us care,NO.We are busy playing the amazing game they gave us and allowing them to fix bigger problems first before coming back to something like this.Isn't that what DE always does? Add a mess of new stuff tweak it till it's good then go back and fix old problems.If i remember correctly we couldn't even vault correctly over objects until a few months ago. So please dont complain,enjoy if u dont enjoy leave nothing is holding you back.

DE is working hard to give us a good game and it's people like you that ruin the experience.Yeah we all noticed Parkour is bad at times and can use a rework but do some of us care,NO.We are busy playing the amazing game they gave us and allowing them to fix bigger problems first before coming back to something like this.Isn't that what DE always does? Add a mess of new stuff tweak it till it's good then go back and fix old problems.If i remember correctly we couldn't even vault correctly over objects until a few months ago. So please dont complain,enjoy if u dont enjoy leave nothing is holding you back.

Whaaaat?...

Nah sorry man, he ruins nothing. He actually brings feedback to try to improve the experience indeed...

Will these additions kill you or your game? Nope. You'll enjoy even more being a space ninja if you move as smooth & cool as one.

C'mon tenno, you're here for a year now, you know it's an issue that's been talked about in threads and threads... We're getting Archwings but still got flaws with basic movesets? Recognize, there's a little problem here. You should also know that they saw these suggestions and actually said they were addressing that. But nope, we're getting new shiny content (I like it,don't worry) but old stuff are still waiting.

New armors, yet no cloth physics for Volt,Frost & Trinity, like in the Sword alone trailer.

New weapons/stances, yet strange drop tables & ability mods still found on enemies.

T4 & Void Vor, yet some bosses are just regular units colorswaps.

New silent weapons, yet nothing for Stealth 2.0.

And so on...

I understand you, Warframe is one of the best PC games I ever played.Devs are working hard & late. However, good criticism can improve that game, from good f2p to iconic videogame in the same place as a Mario or a Tomb Raider. We're here as testers,don't forget that tenno.

Edited by unknow99

This is a feedback forum. He's giving feedback so the game can grow in a positive direction.

Yes, he is criticizing the parkour system. But it is constructive criticism.

Even you just said that the parkour is bad and can use a rework. You being contrary to something that will help expedite the process of reworking the system is what will hurt the game.

it's people like you that ruin the experience.

it's people like you that ruin the entire Game Industry. look, i can be mindlessly defensive like that too! >.>

anyways.

if you don't like Constructive Criticism, don't participate in the community of any Video Game. because that's what you'll see in most communities, so you know ahead of time what to expect.

it's incredulous to read that you know that there's issues, but you don't think the game should be made better. why wouldn't a Video Game always want to be better?

and this is a very important issue, Character movement is THE core of every Video Game. Warframe is supposed to be about a non-motion locked Character experience. it's one of the big selling points of the game.

so why wouldn't it be high on the priority list to make sure it represents the game well?

just because Digital Extremes has a Video Game that's ahead of most, doesn't mean that we should care about improving the game less. 

right here, Digital Extremes is standing at the forefront of the entire Industry, with a successful product that can break new boundaries for Video Games in general. what we do here, can get enough attention to actually push the entire Industry forward - an Industry which has as a whole, stagnated in the past 8 years or so.

small groups are still opening new boundaries here and there, but the larger parts of the Industry have been stagnating. but there's the opportunity to fix that.

Edited by taiiat

ain't gonna happen, although Geoff said his team are eager to do something about parkour after archwing.

Really ? If they could only change the running (a 3 seconds acceleration seems a really good idea by the way, Aure) and wallrun system, I would already be happy :D

You mean coptering.

Its a selling point because DE gets to keep the "Space Ninjas" theme. If you look at the trailers, real fire arms (eg. the braton) are rarely used.

As a useful feature, not so much.

As an exploitive rushing tool, great.

Edit: The glaring issues the OP has addressed kind of prove this.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

You mean coptering.

no, i mean the entire system of Mobility that makes Warframe stand out more from the hundreds of motionlocked shooters where everyone walks at 2m/h, can't jump higher than their ankles, and basically feels like a slug with guns taped to it.

instead, Warframe has much more Mobility, allowing for far less motion locked movement. it still pales somewhat to say, Overgrowth, but it's much more refreshing than some of the shovelware that Warframe is atleast distantly compared to.

SpinDashing is part of the Mobility, though it's a part that's been needing work for quite some time. but it's far from the entire Parkour system. and SpinDashes aren't a selling point.

Edited by taiiat