Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong clone command mechanic idea.

Joltyboi

Okay, so Wukong is pretty good, right? The clone is fun, the mobility is great, the survivability is nice and big stick go poke. But there's always something I've wanted out of his clone that I've always considered putting out on the forums but never have until now.

So the clone is good, it can copy your weapons and deal the same damage you can, and you can even hit 1 on an enemy to make the clone target that enemy and (if I'm remembering correctly) do more damage to the targeted enemy. But something I've always wanted to be able to do is use that on a defence point to make the clone stay within a certain range of the defence point and, well, defend it.

If we press 1 on a defence or mobile defence object the clone should stay within a short range of that point. If it goes to far it should teleport back. This would be really helpful, you could go around the defence map/area clearing out enemies while also helping keep the point defended from enemies getting too close by having something nearby it at all times fighting the enemies that get within the clones range.

I know it wouldn't be the most helpful ability to help defend an objective in the game, but i still think it would be a nice addition to his 1. Just, as an update to the ability, not an augment. I doubt it would be THAT powerful and its more or less something he can already do, just marking an enemy for him to attack instead of an objective for him to stay near and defend.

I also think it would be cool if you could press 1 on the ground to make him stay in that area if you wanted him there, say for example in the Railjack quest line where you're finding the parts and defending the area while they're being scanned, but that wouldn't be all that needed.

• Like 1

Sorry, but the Celestial Twin is the worst thing DE added to Wukong's arsenal, do a quick forum search and you'll see how many issues it has, if we wanted a spectre we'd use a spectre. With so many things DE could have added, they decided to go with a stupid spectre.

Edited by ZarTham

2 hours ago, ZarTham said:

Sorry, but the Celestial Twin is the worst thing DE added to Wukong's arsenal, do a quick forum search and you'll see how many issues it has, if we wanted a spectre we'd use a spectre. With so many things DE could have added, they decided to go with a stupid spectre.

Ok, but it’s literally the only great thing about his kit left. Cloudwalkers been nerfed, Defy is ok, and Iron Staff is a joke of an exalted melee. All Wukong really has anymore is Wuclone.

My issue with the clone is that when you move pass a certain distance it follows you, I can`t loot while it kills which I don`t like. Verari has not distance limit and atlas also used to not have this but even rumblers have this. No one complained about this so it shouldn't of been added, that ruins Atlas & Wukong 4 me. 

18 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

Could you explain this more? I don't have any issues picking things up while the Wuclone is killing stuff.

I worded this wrong, I meant I can`t go and loot while he stays in one area taking care of enemies like doing a md mission, instead it follows me around so I can`t be in two places at one. This is something atlas`rumbblers use to be able to do before the wukong rework but with that stupid teleport range limit (imo) wukong`s 1 and atlas` 4 is not fun anymore.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I worded this wrong, I meant I can`t go and loot while he stays in one area taking care of enemies like doing a md mission, instead it follows me around so I can`t be in two places at one. This is something atlas`rumbblers use to be able to do before the wukong rework but with that stupid teleport range limit (imo) wukong`s 1 and atlas` 4 is not fun anymore.

I wouldn't say they aren't fun just because of that but I really think they should implement this command idea of mine to the Wuclone, it would be nice to tell it to stay within a short range and defend an objective.

18 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

I wouldn't say they aren't fun just because of that but I really think they should implement this command idea of mine to the Wuclone, it would be nice to tell it to stay within a short range and defend an objective.

If they had a command system, that would help however they should of just not added it in the first place. Titania`s razorflies don`t teleport to her and they work just fine, DE need to stop adding mechanics that don`t need to be there (ash bs marking). 

On 2020-06-05 at 1:00 PM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

If they had a command system, that would help however they should of just not added it in the first place. Titania`s razorflies don`t teleport to her and they work just fine, DE need to stop adding mechanics that don`t need to be there (ash bs marking). 

Well to be fair, if i used the clone and found out he was half way across the map doing his own thing instead of with me, I'd get kind of annoyed. That's something that's annoyed me with things like Nekros's shadows, if I've summoned them I want them to stay near me, not me having to stay near them when they barely go anywhere, especially if I have the augment that makes it so damage dealt to me has a percentage of that damage re-distributed to the shadows instead.