Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's a good way to get Focus fast?

dtm3080

Question

I'm only getting maybe 1000 focus per mission with a lens attached, any tips or techniques to get more faster? 

I saw a guide that said to upgrade your amp and farm Ediolon shards. But it seems to get Quill standing and upgrade my amp I need to kill Ediolon creatures, but I can't kill them without a better amp. Seems like I'm just spinning my wheels....

4 answers to this question

For eidolons simply hopping into a few teralyst bounties can get you enough to make a 111 amp to get started (there's usually an ivara or Volt oneshotting Terry anyways)

The other fast method is (Elite if you can)Sanctuary Onslaught the sheer number of enemies that spawn will give plenty of focus, and if you get in a squad with a map wiper, easy focus.

I've been using a Sanctuary Onslaught focus farming volt, lua lens, affinity booster.  I hit my cap in about 30 minutes each day, more or less depending on tile and enemies, and my smeeta kavat bonuses.  They say tridolon farming (all 3 eidolons) can net you a lot more than that and you aren't limited by the daily cap, but I just don't want to deal with that kind of time commitment. 

I used to use the stealth method, but when I came back after a long break, stealth is pretty broken, and the weapons used for it were heavily nerfed, and it wasn't as fast as SO anyway.

39 минут назад, dtm3080 сказал:

But it seems to get Quill standing and upgrade my amp I need to kill Ediolon creatures, but I can't kill them without a better amp. Seems like I'm just spinning my wheels....

As an alternative, you can get an Amp from Little Duck in Fortuna (the best parts to hunt eidolons are exclusive to her shop anyways). You need to be max rank with Solaris United and High enough rank with Vox Solaris though. But you don't have to kill Eidolons for that.

48 minutes ago, dtm3080 said:

with a lens attached

Here's the issue. A lens, not lenses. And probably a normal one as well?

any tips or techniques to get more faster?

Sure...what's your Roster?

1. Like already said: Tridolons. Best approach is having one of the following frames with a specific build: Volt, Rhino, Oberon, Trinity, Harrow, Chroma.
    • Try finding learning groups and get better by the time. 
    • This is the fastest way since it circumvents your Daily Cap 
  2. (Elite) Sanctuary Onlaught
    • Either go in as DPS with a lens attached to your frame
    • or use a support frame with a lens equipped to your Melee (and Naramon's Mind Spike active) and your frame
    • This is the second fastes way...
    • or the fastest if you just want to reach your Daily Cap.
    • Following image was taken after Round 5
    • trinityfocus.jpg
  3. Sleep Equinox or silence Banshee on Adaro
    • Use a high Range, high Duration Equinox and stealth kill the enemies with your Melee. 
    • Lens should be equipped on Melee and frame
    • Equinox: equinoxfocus2.1.jpg
    • Banshee
    • banshee_focus.jpg
    • both Equinox and Banshee are inconsistent though...not all runs will look like above

But it seems to get Quill standing

Eidolons drops different shards. Brilliant ones can be exchanged for Focus, while the smaller ones are "just" for The Quills

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1