Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Repair Station Inside The Dojo

In advance, sorry if this post seems confusing, out of sorts or off topic if at all.

Not sure how the repair of the Railjack works currently.  So forgive my weak suggestive questions?

1) I notice in update 27 and a hot fix thereafter repair drones were removed from the market.

Why?  not going there

2) Does the repair of the Railjack take place while being docked?

If not, why not?

Could a repair station be added inside the Dojo's Drydock?

Right now the damage to a Railjack only occurs inside the mission.  Let's say, damage is still ongoing or still in affect while coming into the Drydock of any dojo.  Remove the repair drones completely out the mission reward pool?  Debatable...  I am suggesting move the drones to the Drydock and let the player repair it there.  

Things to consider: damage, time of repair, cost of repair, other. 

2 minutes ago, Age0fExile said:

In advance, sorry if this post seems confusing, out of sorts or off topic if at all.

Not sure how the repair of the Railjack works currently.  So forgive my weak suggestive questions?

1) I notice in update 27 and a hot fix thereafter repair drones were removed from the market.

Why?  not going there

2) Does the repair of the Railjack take place while being docked?

If not, why not?

Could a repair station be added inside the Dojo's Drydock?

Right now the damage to a Railjack only occurs inside the mission.  Let's say, damage is still ongoing or still in affect while coming into the Drydock of any dojo.  Remove the repair drones completely out the mission reward pool?  Debatable...  I am suggesting move the drones to the Drydock and let the player repair it there.  

Things to consider: damage, time of repair, cost of repair, other.

Repair drones do not repair your Railjack, they are needed for building RJ components without resource and time investment. You don't need to repair Railjack outside the missions, it doesn't work like that.

4 minutes ago, Age0fExile said:

So it is doesn't take damage like an actual space ship?  Interstellar craft should need some time to get repaired from any sort of damage in my opinion

Look at it like this, does your Warframe need healing after every mission? How annoying would it be if it did.
Sure, if the game was based around interstellar gameplay no doubt there would be some time gating mechanic here, but it isn't. This is fine as is.

Yeah, it would be wise to try out certain game features for yourself before making suggestions to fix/improve them.

But to answer your concerns: Railjacks *do* take damage, but for the most part this just causes Hull Breaches to appear on the interior walls that need to be patched with the Omni-Tool to restore some missing health- losing all health triggers a Hull Rupture that must be patched within a short timeframe or else the mission will fail. Sometimes certain kinds of damage can also trigger hazards like fires, electrical breaches, and frozen hatches, but these are more akin to status procs that affect the performance of the Railjack itself and/or inconvenience the crew. Rectifying these issues requires the expenditure of this repair foam called Revolite, which is limited in supply but can be replenished by spending certain resources at the ship's Foundry to make more.

Basically, whoever is acting as your team's Engineer is responsible for healing your Railjack in-mission, and can theoretically do so indefinitely so long as they can respond quickly to hazards and maintain a steady supply of Reviolite. Any damage remaining after a mission is automatically restored when you return to the Dry Dock, similar to how Warframes always start missions at full health and shields no matter what condition they were in during their last mission.

And yeah, "Repair Drones" are basically single-use items to "rush" the completion of Salvaged parts- essentially blueprints for new Railjack weapons, shields, engines, and reactors- without the usual time or resource expenditure one usually needs to make.

51 minutes ago, Xaero said:

Repair drones do not repair your Railjack, they are needed for building RJ components without resource and time investment.

Not anymore tho. It only saves time now, and cannot bypass the resources needed for it. (or at least, thats what I remember it doing when I used it).

14 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Not anymore tho. It only saves time now, and cannot bypass the resources needed for it. (or at least, thats what I remember it doing when I used it).

No. It works like I described since the beginning, and never been changed in terms of functionality.

Edited by Xaero

ah yes... that moment when you want to go to the sentient anomaly but you have to wait in real time for your railjack to be repaired after playing a mission.
Lots of people hated Rising Tide for the long, unskippable waiting (even more before the times were halved).
And I really doubt DE would add in more real time waiting so that you can repair your railjack just so you can play the game how you want to, there is already a lot, nearly too much, waiting for things in warframe (24 hours if you fail an MR test, time for frames to be built, 36 hours in Rising Tide and 72 before time was halved).
Also... In the drydock are a lot of people doing maintenance on the outside and inside of the railjack, they are probably doing repairs on it.

Unless it's like 1 or 2 minutes to repair it after missions, then it'll be fine, but knowing DE and Railjack, it'd be hours to repair it, which is why I dislike the idea.

Edited by (XB1)KawaiiAsa

Consider that Tenno live on spaceships most of the time, full time, exposed to the vacuum of space and any normal problems with asteroids, hypersonic space dust and what have you without any kind of drydock and repair.

Yet they're just fine.

Tenno have spaceship repair down pat.

For starters I believe that the Railjack repair drones were removed from the market because people kept buying them to skip the build times. As for repairs for the Railjack in the drydock, don't we have a bunch of people both in the drydock area and on the ship when docked? Seems to me like we already have a repair crew.

Edited by Cuchullin