Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please bring motion controls to the PS5 version of Warframe!

(NSW)jdsteel

I'm an extremely new Warframe player (loving the game so far). I have a PS4 and a Switch but the reason why I've been playing on the Switch is due to the motion controls, which I love. The PS4 version doesn't have them of course even though the Dual-shock 4 controller has Gyro. When you get used to having motion controls, it's almost impossible to play any shooter game without them.

Now it's been confirmed that the PS5 controller will have gyro, can we PLEASE get motion controls as an option on the PS5 release? As much as I love playing on the Switch, I would love to play the game on better looking system.

• Like 3

While it would be cool I don't really see it being useful really. Warframe is a fast pace third person shooter where precision is thrown out of the window. If Im thinking it would be implemented as an aiming feature such as in BOTW it would be more of a niche then an actual useful feature. If it were to be implemented as a toggle it may be an alright feature but honestly I dont know how good of a feature it would be with the current pace of the game 

17 minutes ago, -QueenUnicorn- said:

While it would be cool I don't really see it being useful really. Warframe is a fast pace third person shooter where precision is thrown out of the window. If Im thinking it would be implemented as an aiming feature such as in BOTW it would be more of a niche then an actual useful feature. If it were to be implemented as a toggle it may be an alright feature but honestly I dont know how good of a feature it would be with the current pace of the game 

Have you tried playing Warframe on the Switch? Try using any bow without motion control and you'll see how much more difficult it is to get any level of precision. Maybe for endgame precision doesn't matter, but for newer players and maybe even working your way through the startchart, it's super helpful.

There is literally nothing to be lost by having motion controls as an option that can be toggled on (heck, leave it off by default). So, given the hardware is there, I just really hope DE takes a page from Panic Button's port of Warframe and gives players the choice to turn them on. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (NSW)jdsteel said:

Have you tried playing Warframe on the Switch? Try using any bow without motion control and you'll see how much more difficult it is to get any level of precision. Maybe for endgame precision doesn't matter, but for newer players and maybe even working your way through the startchart, it's super helpful.

I haven't played on the switch but I have played BOTW which would be the best equivalent and your point about it being useful in early game is true, But my main concern comes in when the game starts to ramp up in speed I feel that the feature may clash with the bullet jumping high pace mess that is warframe  

• 8 months later...

Motion aim would be lovely, yeah. Sony botched PS3 by forcing motion onto users at launch and there was a lot of backlash, but it's in a pretty good state now and more Playstation games need to support it. A console-generation spanning hit like Warframe adopting it could go a long way towards standardizing it.

For the future of console gaming and controller usage, this needs to happen, and it's not even a complicated feature. Just add a couple more axises as possible inputs.

• Like 1

On 2020-06-18 at 3:29 PM, -QueenUnicorn- said:

Try telling that to PC players who like playing with a mouse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2021-03-16 at 9:05 AM, (PSN)lego12682 said:

Please, please, motion controls for the ps5. After 2800+ hours on the switch no motion controls on the ps5 is brutal but it looks so good.

YESS I'm in a really tough spot right now because the PS5 version looks so much better than the Switch, but no gyro really cripples it :( 

Are any DE mods reading this? Any plans to bring optional motion controls to the PS5 version of Warframe? Like the other poster said, it can't be too complicated from a dev perspective to just add a couple more axis as inputs. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

I find it annoying to use motion controls for BOTW aiming. This coming from a guy would owns a Wii with 300 hours on Metroid Prime Trilogy. It feels like I'm moving a mouse with two hands at the same time. I just can't get that kind of precision with two hands.

Understandable. I have friends who are the same way, they're either so used to dual-analog stick aiming or just have a hard time with getting the hang of holding the controller a little differently than normal. Also, I agree with you on the Wii-era motion control. Having that reference point (the IR sensor) made it feel a lot more natural, it's just a shame that for every great implementation like that, Nintendo dropped the ball by forcing the waggle and other stupid decisions that really tainted people's view of motions controls in general and hampered their future implementation. It has come a long way since then though.

Also, to your point, that's why no one would ever ask any gyro aim implementation to be forced on to other players, just adding a toggle in the settings under "controls".