Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic Strategy

DryLyne

Question

I have 5 Axi V1 relics left from years back and I really want the Carrier Prime systems which are a common drop. What's my best strategy to try and get this?

Should I be doing these solo so that I only get the loot tables from my own relics? I'm coming back to warframe after a few years so the relic system is totally new to me.

Thanks

11 answers to this question

When you run relics in a squad, you get to choose from everyone's drops.  So if the item you want doesn't drop from your relic, you can pick the item you like best that dropped for anyone else from whatever relic they were running.

So say we were in a squad together, and I was running an Axi A9 hoping for the Ivara systems, and you were running your Axi V1.  If my relic dropped the common Bronco piece, but you got the Carrier Systems, you and I could both choose to take the Carrier Systems and it would give each of us a copy 🙂

Edited by Andvarja

7 minutes ago, DryLyne said:

So if I understand correctly, if you put in an Axi A9 then it's slightly less likely that I would be offered a drop from my V1?

No, each relic is rolled for a reward independent of each other.  Yours rolls whatever and mine rolls whatever.  Then we are both presented the choice to choose either one.  We can both take the same (mine or yours) or take different ones... doesn't matter.

You always want to open relics in a full squad.

• Like 2

Oh ok, so I would get the same offer regardless of whether I'm in a squad or not. I'm just also presented with the options from everyone else on my squad too. Cool, that makes sense.

Thanks everyone!

The relics other players bring will have absolutely no effect on the drops from the relic you bring.  The drop probability on your relic is only affected by how much it is upgraded before the mission (Radiant, etc).

At the end of the mission, you can choose any single item that drops from any relic that was brought.  So if there is just one relic (yours), you only have one choice.  But if there are 4 relics, you get 4 choices.

To absolutely maximize your chance of getting the item you want, try to squad up with people who are using the exact same relic you are.  Then for each mission you spend one relic, but you have 4x the odds of getting the reward you want, because any of the 4 relics could drop it, and not just yours.

2 minutes ago, DryLyne said:

Thanks for the tip, is there somewhere people post other than the recruiting channel to find other players with vaulted relics?

If there is I'm unaware of it, but I've also never looked.  Recruiting chat can be harder to match with if you're not using the latest relics.  But it's also not impossible.  I would recommend trying during peak play hours, like weekends.  You can also set up your Recruiting chat filters to only show post with certain words in them, which can be great if you want to passively find players while you do other things.

Idk if it's been said, but you can ask for a squad hosting the same relic you want at whatever level of refinement you want. Since you want a common drop, or T1 as I'll referr to it here, you will ask everyone to have a intact level relic (base level of refinement). As you upgrade the relic the chance of a T1 drop is lower and lower, though it is still possible.

TL,DR: Ask for a squad that will only use the relic containing the item you want. Then go into the fissue with the relics as they are normally

• if what you want is a Common Reward, you do not upgrade it.
  • if what you want is anything else, you upgrade to Radiant.
  • more people with the same Key can mean faster to get the desired Reward, but staggering them will stretch the Keys as far as possible to get as many of the desired items as possible.

past that, getting more Chances than you have Keys means finding other Players that also have some to spend.

• Like 1