The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there lore behind Eximus units?

Zahnrad

I was looking through the list of Kuva Lich quotes and found one that peaked my interest. Quirks are a rare personality modifier Liches can spawn with, most of them only affect dialogue but a few of them have effects on gameplay, such as Paranoid making them shoot their own men and Cowardly making them flee from combat.

Anyway, what caught my interest is this line taken from (what I assume is the male) Kuva Lich with a Cowardly quirk that reads as such.

"Wait... if you can kill an Eximus... then... conceivably... you could kill... me? RUN!"

I've always seen Eximus units as fodder with an ability, increased health and increased level. Is there actually any lore to them? Maybe it's just nothing to write home about and granted, it is a Cowardly quirk but now I'm curious what makes Eximus units what they are, and what significance they might have in lore if they are seemingly referenced and a known entity in the Warframe universe.

• Like 4

I guess it's normal that some people/monsters in Origin are born with gifts. They may not even know about their gifts because they only seem to affect ancient teenagers rumored lost on a long forgotten space ship in the Void.

They are the elite, sergeants, leaders of squads,  - eximus have increased resistances, buffs to everything, auras, they spawn at increased levels.

• Corpus Eximus Crewmen are members of the elite who are bestowed specially-designed suits, whereas MOA and Osprey Eximus are produced on a regular basis.
    • Grineer and Infested Eximus are the products of genetic mutation, though in the case of the Infested, the genes that contain said mutations are present in the DNA of all known Infested, suggesting that some form of gene expression regulation is in effect.

From the wiki.

Back in U12 they were quite scary, but back then tenno were weaker.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Savire510 said:
  • Corpus Eximus Crewmen are members of the elite who are bestowed specially-designed suits, whereas MOA and Osprey Eximus are produced on a regular basis.
  • Grineer and Infested Eximus are the products of genetic mutation, though in the case of the Infested, the genes that contain said mutations are present in the DNA of all known Infested, suggesting that some form of gene expression regulation is in effect.

If only the eximii had distinct silhouettes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Savire510 said:

They are the elite, sergeants, leaders of squads,  - eximus have increased resistances, buffs to everything, auras, they spawn at increased levels.

• From the wiki.

Back in U12 they were quite scary, but back then tenno were weaker.

Interesting, didn't know that

6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Is there actually any lore to them?

A little:

Tenno,

You have learned well, Tenno. Through countless assaults into enemy space, you have wreaked havoc among our foes. But our enemy has learned as much about us as we have about them. They are adapting. Their newest trick? Speed. Using lightweight aura mods, specialized Grineer can now match your speed and cover large distances with ease. I am telling you this because you will encounter these soldiers on your next mission. There is an emergency broadcast that I need intercepted immediately. The Grineer will try and stop you. You will show them that it takes more than speed to defeat the Tenno.

- The Lotus

This is from the tactical alert Fleet Footed, which would have been way back in like 2013 or something. The "Specialized Grineer" in question were Arson Eximus units

• Like 4