Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Strike versus Healing Return- Excalibur Umbra

ThunderHuy

Question

4 answers to this question

Both are really good, I prefer HR but it comes down to personal preference really. 

Life Strike will heal you to full in one hit and if you do the heavy ground slam is super fast and has a way cheap mod cost, but you have to pay constant attention to your health bar. 

Healing Return is passive so you don't have to worry about it, it will keep you at top health 99% of the time and in the case your health gets super low you have thing like Magus Repair to compensate for HR low healing.

By the way HR actual gives health back even with one hit kills with some elements, I only remember that Viral does but Corrosive doesn't

one isn't technically better than another since they Heal in different ways. consistent Healing based on Status Effect count, or effectively full Healing but a slower attack and not something you generally want to spam.

strictly speaking Life Strike has a higher performance ceiling since you could just spam it, though you'll lose some Damage in doing so, so that's a tradeoff to balance.

• Like 1

I'd recommend using a nikana instead of Exalted Blade. With Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired you could heal almost as effectively as with Life Strike but with every hit, not just heavy attack, and without occupying a mod slot in the nikana weapon.

• Like 2