The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Control Modules In The Void With Orokin Cells

spiralmenace

Think of it this way: When you go into the void and onto an Orokin vessel you are greeted by a plethora of enemies that have come to the void before you. All of these enemies are under the "Control" of the Orokin vessel. Perhaps this is why you find control modules. These just might be the modules that were used to control all those baddies. 

In comparison, when you go onto a Derelict Orokin vessel, the enemies there, are not being controlled but are now in a mutated form. With the ship busted to pieces and the inner guts of the vessel spilling out everywhere, Tenno are now able to get to and find Orokin Cells. These are the devices of the inner workings of Orokin Technology.

Think of it this way: When you go into the void and onto an Orokin vessel you are greeted by a plethora of enemies that have come to the void before you. All of these enemies are under the "Control" of the Orokin vessel. Perhaps this is why you find control modules. These just might be the modules that were used to control all those baddies. 

In comparison, when you go onto a Derelict Orokin vessel, the enemies there, are not being controlled but are now in a mutated form. With the ship busted to pieces and the inner guts of the vessel spilling out everywhere, Tenno are now able to get to and find Orokin Cells. These are the devices of the inner workings of Orokin Technology.

As much as I agree with this, those "Control Modules" that are used on the baddies are also Orokin technology. Therefore, killing the enemies and salvaging that, it should make sense that Orokin Cells could also be found. After all, the Control Module is most likely only part of the mind controlling system.

In other words, I wouldn't replace CM for OC, but I would put them both in at equal rate, which means each of them will be lower than the current CM drop in the Void, so that you find them in reasonable quantity without stacking them like crazy as it is right now.

Edited by Casardis

As much as I agree with this, those "Control Modules" that are used on the baddies are also Orokin technology. Therefore, killing the enemies and salvaging that, it should make sense that Orokin Cells could also be found. After all, the Control Module is most likely only part of the mind controlling system.

This would make sense, but only if you assume that all Orokin technology must contain an Orokin Cell. We already have evidence to the contrary as far as this is concerned. An easy example is our Sentinels, which require no Orokin Cells to construct but do require a control module. This, in my opinion, implies that the Orokin Cells are most likely found deeper within the Orokin Vessels walls, systems, etc.  These are places you can't readily get to on a functioning Orokin vessel.

Whether all Orokin tech actually uses Orokin cells isn't a huge deal. If we're scavenging through a pristine Orokin vessel and there are cells to be had (and we need them) it only makes sense that we would go out of our way to grab them. I mean, Orokin cells drop out of the living Infested in the Derelicts, so it's not like the exact place they drop (exposed machinery, random crates, ect) needs to be totally logical. 

This would make sense, but only if you assume that all Orokin technology must contain an Orokin Cell. We already have evidence to the contrary as far as this is concerned. An easy example is our Sentinels, which require no Orokin Cells to construct but do require a control module. This, in my opinion, implies that the Orokin Cells are most likely found deeper within the Orokin Vessels walls, systems, etc.  These are places you can't readily get to on a functioning Orokin vessel.

Well an orokin cell is an ancient energy cell. My guess is that those control modules would need to be powered by orokin cells so that the neural sentry in the tower can link to and control all those unfortunate fellas at once.

Whether all Orokin tech actually uses Orokin cells isn't a huge deal. If we're scavenging through a pristine Orokin vessel and there are cells to be had (and we need them) it only makes sense that we would go out of our way to grab them. I mean, Orokin cells drop out of the living Infested in the Derelicts, so it's not like the exact place they drop (exposed machinery, random crates, ect) needs to be totally logical. 

Yeah, from a gameplay standpoint, orokin cells dropping from the void makes sense, especially because of the huge quantity you need for almost all prime items.

I personally think it's control modules because when the void released Hyena was really the only decent way of getting modules and they wanted to introduce more options to farm them. But as many above have pointed out, CM scarcity is definitely NOT the case anymore. Especially with Europa having a boss now. Would be a huge fan of this, but I can wait. They can still mess around with Derelict tables and bring the same effective thing

Now that I have 100+ Control Mods, of course I (and all players) would favor this.

ALL players?

You and whose army? I for one disagree.

This is what I'd like to see rather than a simple replacement of control modules with orokin cells.

title. it'd be a hell of a lot more useful and make more sense too. pls and thanks

Totally agree.  I really needed Control Modules before I was able to get to Europa early on, but now that I have Catalysts and Reactors in my main weapons and frames, I now have way too many Modules and realize that Orokin Cells (which you need like 10 of for 1 Prime Blueprint) are what would be good to have, especially in the Void.

It's common sense, really, and most players would appreciate it imho.  At the very least, Orokin Cells could be added to the drop tables alongside Control Modules.

I think they should 1) decrease the CM drop rate in the void and 2) boost the drop rate of cells in the OD tables.  It stinks to do a 25 wave ODD with a Nekros spamming Desecrate and get zero cells, while at the same time having over 400 CM sitting around uselessly.