Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Positive feedback about Deadlock protocol update

Dollt28

Um, since there was a lot of negative (but deserved) feedback about last two major updates (Railjack and Kuva Lich), I think there should be a positive feedback for the latest update (Deadlock protocol) as well since it was (in my opinion) a success

The new corpus ship tileset looks awesome

Together with the great music it is a very pleasant experience

Parvos Granum (character design, voice acting, lore) is well done and I can't wait to meet with him again and the quest in general was nice (tho could have been little longer)

Reworked Jackal is a good upgrade to the old Jackal and I would like other bosses (cough cough Sergeant) to be reworked in similar fashion

I won't comment about the new warframe and weapons since I havent test those out yet, also they werent my main interest in this update anyway (since we have plenty of weapons anyway), my main interest was in the reworked graphics and new quest + lore which (as mentioned above) have been done well in my opinion.

• Like 6

Agreed, over all.  I like the new frame, the new weapons, the quest, the tileset rework, and the Granum Void farming.  I had a lot of bad luck finding Protea pieces at first.  But by the time I did get all three, I had already gathered the pieces of the weapons.

I don't know that I'll go back to the Granum Void though, outside of its inevitable Nightwave inclusion.

• Like 1

Overall, I really enjoyed the Corpus lore for the Deadlock Protocol (and have the nice shiny row of decorations), and the updated tile graphics for their ships especially look fantastic. Watching Nef get slapped down was always a bonus perk too :P

The Protea fight was interesting, but haven't gone back much to the Void yet to farm for her parts. Jackal fight was at least something that keeps people on their toes and made a nice change of pace versus just the facerolling.

• Like 1

Don't forget the awesome change to pets that allows us to save any pet to any configuration.  That was actually the best QOL feature DE has given us in years.  

I'm not sure when air charges were separated from landing crafts, but also a great change.  

I have not collected Protea yet, but it's an interesting mini-game mode, even if it will disapear after everything collected.  

• Like 1

Agreed fully with the OP. Just as one shouldn't hold back from honest, constructive criticism, so should credit be given where it is due. I personally very much enjoyed the new quest, find the new Corpus Ship tileset to be an absolute joy to traverse, on par with the update Corpus Gas City tileset, and look forward to seeing more of Parvos Granum, as he's a genuinely charismatic and compelling figure. The Jackal rework is terrific, and I think ought to set the standard for future boss fights, in terms of audio, visuals, and mechanics. Some aspects of the update could perhaps stand to improve (I'm personally not a big fan of Protea), but overall I think DE did a phenomenal job, especially considering the recent global circumstances affecting how they've been working.

• Like 1

The new corpus tile sets are amazing, finally feels like we're in 2020, along with the reworked Jackal boss. The quest was great as well, introducing us to a new character which dropped a huge lore bomb on us, has memorable and funny lines, and likable characters. Parvo's scene where he roasts Nef Anyo has to be one of the most satisfying moments in the game, not to mention hilarious, I'm really glad they put it in there. Protea is alright, but she's pretty damn fun and refreshing to play, not to mention her turret does heat damage at base (thank you DE for not making it impact or something). Overall, the update was pretty satisfying, I feel like if DE keeps releasing updates like this the game might enter another golden age.

• Like 1