Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the Requirement to Release the Solaris Prisoners on Corpus Fleet

ForsakenCryz

Currently Solaris Prisoners in Corpus fleet require a Granum Crown for their release as well as  standings are rewarded. 

Since Treasurer spawns a single time as well drops a single crown, most of the players tend to ignore them and proceed to a Granum Void Portal.

Rather, if these prisoners receive a mobile defence point for a certain time period that can be triggered without a Granum Crown, players would tend to stay, defend them as objectives and get rewarded with standings as well.

Edited by ForsakenCryz
Lfleet in name
  • Like 6

Yeah I rather just spend my Granum Crowns in the Granum Void for better rewards rather than just standing. I also find it funny how the prisoner is released with a coin, its like a vending machine with only one choice

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Just let the treasurers spawn more than once in missions. Right now endless missions are heavily discouraged in the new ships to farm those coins.

Pretty sure that you can only enter the Granum Void one time in a single mission run. (Verification needed), so increased treasurer spawns won't probably solve the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForsakenCryz said:

Pretty sure that you can only enter the Granum Void one time in a single mission run. (Verification needed), so increased treasurer spawns won't probably solve the issue.

It allow us to farm more coins so we can rescue more Solaris.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It allow us to farm more coins so we can rescue more Solaris.

Removing the requirement of spending a coin, Interact with the Prisoner and it triggers a mini defence for that prisoner. When it completes the prisoner is freed, then you can proceed to Granum void...

• Like 2

On 2020-06-25 at 2:14 PM, ForsakenCryz said:

Removing the requirement of spending a coin, Interact with the Prisoner and it triggers a mini defence for that prisoner.

Instead of removing I would say give us alternative(s). Let's say, "at base level", coins gave us 300/600/900 as it is now. In addition to that you have "mini game" (I would prefer something hackish like some logic game).
If you win you get some Solaris standing, let's say 450.

If you fail you get minus (they take your SU standing), let's say 50% of what you would get from freeing the prisoner (-225 in this case).

The thing is... the more you free prisoners the harder it gets (and of course you get more standing).  So for the 1st prisoner it's not worth to use level 1 coin, but it's worth to use level 2&3 (of course if you don't need for something else). For 5th prisoner you get 1200. So "should I risk 600 standing or just put some coin in" that kind of question I want the player to ask himself/herself.

Of course they should tweak numbers but 2 things I would like to get:
- the next prisoner is harder
- you can make it easy with a coin

• Like 1

Just make a console next to them hackable, but it cannot be Ciphered, you only get one go, and it defaults to the hardest level of hacking.

If it succeeds, the Solaris is freed, and you gain 50% of the Standing then if you sacrificed a Crown.  This Standing also matches the tier of Crown that would spawn in the mission.  If you fail, the Solaris is taken away and you lose that same 50% Standing.

Using a Crown would work as it does now.

• Like 3