Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 28.0.5 Valkyr Bastet Helmet color now static

(XBOX)Etch The Mad

One color channel is locked in as steel gray.  It takes up a good portion of the back and sides of the helmet, is in full view at all times and is actually more distracting than I would care to admit.  My guess is it was changed to fit aesthetically with the metal restraints/bolts of the Valkyr Base skin, but the helmet color remains static even when changing skins (for example switching to the Immortal skin changes the restraints to a matte black).  Valkyr Base helmet and Kara helmet also have this static channel, and I can't recall if they were always that way but the Bastet helmet was not like this prior to update 28.0.5.  Please revert

The next Hotfix will have some changes to Valkyr's Bastet Helmet to make those metal areas the proper untintable dark that matches the rest of the Helmet. So it still won't be tintable but it should now match the correct color channel.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The next Hotfix will have some changes to Valkyr's Bastet Helmet to make those metal areas the proper untintable dark that matches the rest of the Helmet. So it still won't be tintable but it should now match the correct color channel.

This is good, but why are there parts of cosmetics that are untintable to begin with? Loki Prime is a major offender.

People don't like when they can't color things, or when colors don't match the hue in the pallette. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Thank you so much the gray areas were really weird as I stated in another thread.

2 hours ago, Ikusi_Prime said:

but why are there parts of cosmetics that are untintable to begin with?

Because sometimes more isn't necessarily better. The tintmask files have a max of 4 channels, and some designs simply don't work with 4 alone -- this is why certain Prime frames lost a whole tint to make way for tintable gold. And to be fair, they're not necessarily better, with Mag Prime being the worst offender: She used to have a whole yellow stripes channel that now is colored with the brown of her sides, and will never look as good anymore, unless she gets redesigned completely.

As for the topic itself, what I would like to know is why the Bastet helmet tint structure was changed for starters during conversion. The original Blinn Phong one was black already:

Spoiler

tumblr_o2wrx3TVA41v575pso1_1280.png

Spoiler

210DY46.jpg

These conversions should be more carefully handled, because it's not the only item I've noticed a tint missing or changed, as Ash Immortal's skin seems to have lost some primary tint making it lose contrast in the arms. Heck, why does Valkyr's Immortal Skin suddenly have tintable metal, which makes it look black, wheras the original Blinn Phong one did not?

I understand nothing, really.

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Cool beans!  TYVM

Archived