Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith

HorusStrike

I was lucky enough to get the Swraith but lets think about it from a different point of view>

if event exclusive rewards were to become available to anybody out there, who would do the events? if you need to get to 40 mins (exaggerating) in a survival to get a sweet weapon in a event , but knew that it would be in the market 2 weeks later, everyone would just wait the 2 weeks.

It was 20 minutes for the Strun, right?  The people who would get it are the people who want the free weapon slot, the catalyst, to get it without having to wait or craft it and use resources, and who want bragging rights or to get it right then.

People love new things and want them right now, not later.

Also, I don't know why so many people are speaking up for exclusive content.  I HATE it, and think that it just punishes new players for not having been a player at the time or having a busy life.  For instance, since the Strun Wraith is arguably the most powerful Shotgun in the game now, it makes me upset that I literally can't get it because I only found out about Warframe through Steam.  

And just think of the people who won't be able to get the Founder's Items just because they were PS4 Launch players and such.  Given that new players are the lifeblood of a game, it is not a good business proposition or even good customer service to constantly put out awesome items that are the best in their category that you can't have nor can ever have just because you found out about a game later than other people.  Especially if you're a paying customer.

It was 20 minutes for the Strun, right?  The people who would get it are the people who want the free weapon slot, the catalyst, to get it without having to wait or craft it and use resources, and who want bragging rights or to get it right then.

People love new things and want them right now, not later.

Also, I don't know why so many people are speaking up for exclusive content.  I HATE it, and think that it just punishes new players for not having been a player at the time or having a busy life.  For instance, since the Strun Wraith is arguably the most powerful Shotgun in the game now, it makes me upset that I literally can't get it because I only found out about Warframe through Steam.  

And just think of the people who won't be able to get the Founder's Items just because they were PS4 Launch players and such.  Given that new players are the lifeblood of a game, it is not a good business proposition or even good customer service to constantly put out awesome items that are the best in their category that you can't have nor can ever have just because you found out about a game later than other people.  Especially if you're a paying customer.

bro. it's not any different than like pre-order rewards for normal boxed games. you know that if you wait till it's in the stores you are going to miss something. and you are still paying for it either way so it can't be a "money" issue.

and for example this works quite the same way as WOW does holiday items. if you aren't playing during that specific holiday for that year THEN YOU DON'T GET IT. i don't know why this is hard to understand.

and incase you didn't read my second post, let me reuse a analogy:

lets pretend you were born in 1990. The earliest you would be able to vote would be 18 years later or 2008. this means that you would not be able to vote for Bush and that the decisions that were made before you had the right to vote are still going to affect you whether you like it or not.

no offense, but you made a thread about just Strun Wraith. why not the other special reward items? oh, right. because they aren't OP enough for you to want them. because you only made the thread because you want a free gun, not because you have any legitimate concerns about limited time offers.

also, Strun Wraith is one of the least viable shotguns in extreme level content anyways. because it's only effective at basically melee range. leaves you open to getting absolutely destroyed by those enemies that can kill you with one bullet. 

i'm still sticking with my Sobek and leave SWraith on a shelf. it will always be 'better'.

and, no. i understand event tied items existing. the somewhat Overpowered nature of them can be changed, and not done for the future, but they are(or supposed to be / should be) more of a swag item than something people will 'miss out on'. 

do you walk into stores and complain that a sale 3 months ago you missed and you should get those discounts 'cause i said so' ?

sure, if i missed a limited time thing i'd be a bit bummed, but it was fair. it's not like you were denied a legitimately earned reward.

Maybe he likes shotguns instead of others?

Maybe Strun Wraith is the only thing he has seen as of late?

Open the mind Tenno.

bro. it's not any different than like pre-order rewards for normal boxed games. you know that if you wait till it's in the stores you are going to miss something. and you are still paying for it either way so it can't be a "money" issue.

and for example this works quite the same way as WOW does holiday items. if you aren't playing during that specific holiday for that year THEN YOU DON'T GET IT. i don't know why this is hard to understand.

and incase you didn't read my second post, let me reuse a analogy:

lets pretend you were born in 1990. The earliest you would be able to vote would be 18 years later or 2008. this means that you would not be able to vote for Bush and that the decisions that were made before you had the right to vote are still going to affect you whether you like it or not.

^ this, right here, is the best example to be used.

you want that item, you SHOULD HAVE JOINED EARLIER. or are you going to be upset that you can't get the braton vandal, snipetron, or snipetron vandal now? good god once gorgon and the others leave the market place are you going to be upset because you didn't get the BP and now its gone forever?

i rarely say this, but grow up. seriously.

^ this, right here, is the best example to be used.

you want that item, you SHOULD HAVE JOINED EARLIER. or are you going to be upset that you can't get the braton vandal, snipetron, or snipetron vandal now? good god once gorgon and the others leave the market place are you going to be upset because you didn't get the BP and now its gone forever?

i rarely say this, but grow up. seriously.

thanks for the support, i was feeling alone there for a second

Edited by CelsiusPrime

I was lucky enough to get the Swraith but lets think about it from a different point of view>

if event exclusive rewards were to become available to anybody out there, who would do the events? if you need to get to 40 mins (exaggerating) in a survival to get a sweet weapon in a event , but knew that it would be in the market 2 weeks later, everyone would just wait the 2 weeks.

I would do 40 minutes on a survival event just for a weapon slot, the weapon coming with a free catalyst just makes it better.

with all do respect 

CelsiusPrime 

u are comparing a real life situation to a video game situation and am being asked to grow up ,its alright if i dont have the gun, the whole point of this thread is not to be mad is not to be angry but to simply point out that there are some really fun and good weapons that i cant enjoy and i didnt do anything wrong to get that.

but its alright if alot of you think that way like i said its just a video game and its like if u pre order batman game and u got a skin for free ,they usually put the skin as a dlc later on,if u got it its cool if not then whatever

The Sweeper is better than both the Hek and Sobek.

Hek

Damage 140.0 (20 x7 pellets)

Crit Chance 2.5%

Crit Damage 150.0%

Firing Rate 2.2 shots/sec

Sobek

Damage 100.0 (25 x4 Pellets)

Crit Chance 2.5%

Crit Damage 150.0%

Firing Rate 2.5 shots/sec

Sweeper

Damage 72.0

Crit Chance 5%

Crit damage 150%

Firing Rate 1.7 shots/sec

I don't know what you're talking about here. The only way the sweeper is better than the hek and sobek is a marginally higher crit chance, and that doesn't make up for the significantly weaker damage or slower ROF. That and ammo, but I don't think I've ever actually run out of ammo with a hek, and for sobek there's ammo mutation.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

with all do respect 

CelsiusPrime 

u are comparing a real life situation to a video game situation and am being asked to grow up ,its alright if i dont have the gun, the whole point of this thread is not to be mad is not to be angry but to simply point out that there are some really fun and good weapons that i cant enjoy and i didnt do anything wrong to get that.

but its alright if alot of you think that way like i said its just a video game and its like if u pre order batman game and u got a skin for free ,they usually put the skin as a dlc later on,if u got it its cool if not then whatever

understood. Agree to disagree?

Hey guys, first off sorry for my bad english.

Lets get started.

I always was and will be a shotgun fan in shooter games.

I dont mind people who got that Strun Wraith. 

But i do mind DE for putting the only viable endgame shotgun in as an event weapon.

If at least a similiar weapon, who gets a little bit close to the Strun Wraith would be available, i couldnt say anything, but right now its just a big slap in the face.

"Then you should have played earlier!" ?

Thats such stupid answer. Sorry but if i would have known earlier about Warframe, i would have played it earlier then. 

But its not like some random nice guy was knocking on my door and said: "Hey you know there is this neat game called Warframe, and since i know you will like it and also know you always were a shotgun fan, you should join now, because only now you can get the only viable endgame shotgun!"

In my opinion event items should be viable, but shouldnt outshine everything else.

So DE should atleast try to add a viable shotgun as fast as possible.

And yes i say they should. 

Ive heard about that new Tenno shotgun, but after i saw that crossbow getting added.. well im even more dissapointed now.

Ive heard about that new Tenno shotgun, but after i saw that crossbow getting added.. well im even more dissapointed now.

I can confirm that a Tenno shotgun is coming but it's not going to be soon. there is a different primary on the way and the shotgun will come after that.

I can confirm that a Tenno shotgun is coming but it's not going to be soon. there is a different primary on the way and the shotgun will come after that.

Thanks for the information. Well as long as it will be a much needed weapon for a weaponclass its fine.

But if there will be another rifle or another melee weapon... ill get mad.

As i know there will be a new Warframe soon, but if this will be the next content update... i dont know.

Edited by Derethevil

Thanks for the information. Well as long as it will be a much needed weapon for a weaponclass its fine.

But if there will be another rifle or another melee weapon... ill get mad.

As i know there will be a new Warframe soon, but if this will be the next content update... i dont know.

yes it will be. it's all coming (unknown if that includes the shotgun) update 11

with all do respect 

CelsiusPrime 

you didnt do the work, to get the reward. we all did. HAD you been here FOR the event, you more than likely would have gotten it yourself, however, you were NOT here for the event, because you hadnt played the game yet. THAT is not DE's fault, nor is it the fault of anyone who DID participate in the event.

i understand you arent happy because you arent able to enjoy certain weapons. welcome to life man. i cant enjoy a setting sun in Okinawa Japan because i dont have the money/time to freaking go there. Am i going to complain to japan and my job because they aren't paying me enough/too far away? in what reality would that be anything close to sane?

unless DE goes "hey, lets do another straith event, you probably aren't going to get one. complaining about it, is sort of childish. and im REALLY not trying to be $&*^ish here, im REALLY not, but thats what this comes off as.

just wait until the next event weapon comes out, do your best, and then you'll have a nice exclusive for yourself. other than that, please stop with this thread. it's going nowhere and more than likely isn't going to get you what you want.

you didnt do the work, to get the reward. we all did. HAD you been here FOR the event, you more than likely would have gotten it yourself, however, you were NOT here for the event, because you hadnt played the game yet. THAT is not DE's fault, nor is it the fault of anyone who DID participate in the event.

i understand you arent happy because you arent able to enjoy certain weapons. welcome to life man. i cant enjoy a setting sun in Okinawa Japan because i dont have the money/time to freaking go there. Am i going to complain to japan and my job because they aren't paying me enough/too far away? in what reality would that be anything close to sane?

unless DE goes "hey, lets do another straith event, you probably aren't going to get one. complaining about it, is sort of childish. and im REALLY not trying to be $&*^ish here, im REALLY not, but thats what this comes off as.

just wait until the next event weapon comes out, do your best, and then you'll have a nice exclusive for yourself. other than that, please stop with this thread. it's going nowhere and more than likely isn't going to get you what you want.

i really hope that instead of saying what you are saying you would actually read what i wrote because am not mad or unhappy i was just expressing my opinion

and there you go again comparing a game to real life ,i mean thats cute right ? no its not

and i already said this if the majority feels a certain way about this then be it ,its all good

This.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Deal+with+it_d67025_3849064.jpg

Wow, some of these people in this topic are way to hostile, like WOW.

They could easily add the weapon to some mission in Void and it'd be fine. 20 minutes on the first type Survival was so easy I did it on the first run even when we used big life capsules at 90% or so. 

This will just add more content to the game and also add one of the most powerful shotguns in the game as well. I got it and I absolutely love it. People who tell others to just deal with are not helping the situation at all. The game needs more content and they can always make new Wraith or Prime weapons.

If the people think that it'll somehow ruin YOUR fun if they also get Strun Wraith outside the little event then you need to stop being childish. You get to have fun with it for a month or two already.

I don't agree with adding those weapons to the pool of stuff that can be obtained normally through playing the game. Nor do I agree with nerfing the Strun Wraith or putting something up that's pretty much equivalent. That weapon should be special but there should be something comparable, it should not be the be all end all best shotgun when a good portion of the community can't access it. (Whether it actually is I don't know, just stating that something that is now unobtainable shouldn't be the absolute best with nothing able to hold a candle to it or perform comparably)

Instead I'd much rather see it come back as a future event reward. Something maybe six months to a year from now. Give people a chance to get it again but still keep it as a special thing.

(Disclaimer: The following idea probably sucks.)

What I would love to see is stuff like the Snipetron Vandal, Strun Wraith, and other event gear in that vein added to something like an event shop where rather than giving out the weapon itself or a blueprint people would instead be given an amount of event tokens that they could use to purchase these weapons. Now other things would have to be added to this shop as well because once you get to the point where you have all of the event stuff you then have no reason to participate in an event again unless something new gets added so what exactly this shop would carry is something that would need to be figured out but at least this way DE wouldn't be unintentionally alienating players that didn't or couldn't participate in a particular event and they wouldn't need to nerf or otherwise make the weapons any less special.

i really hope that instead of saying what you are saying you would actually read what i wrote because am not mad or unhappy i was just expressing my opinion

and there you go again comparing a game to real life ,i mean thats cute right ? no its not

and i already said this if the majority feels a certain way about this then be it ,its all good

simply two words: stop crying

simply deal with the fact there was a cool weapon for an event and you were not there, DEAL-WITH-IT