Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith

HorusStrike

hey guys am fairly new to this game and i was wondering why the strun wraith is not in the game for every one ?

now i do understand that it was an event kinda deal and thats cool and all but you cant just take a really good shotgun(by alot of people its the best and only viable shotgun at high level gameplay) and make it exclusive to only those who got to play the event.

i mean its awesome that they got it with Potato and a weapon slot but not all of us could be a part of that event because of our life styles 

so why not make it available for every one as a blueprint and if u want a catalyst then u either buy it or have the blueprints for it ,so every one would enjoy it .

so is it possible that we could make a petition to make this weapon available for everyone 

I was lucky enough to get the Swraith but lets think about it from a different point of view>

if event exclusive rewards were to become available to anybody out there, who would do the events? if you need to get to 40 mins (exaggerating) in a survival to get a sweet weapon in a event , but knew that it would be in the market 2 weeks later, everyone would just wait the 2 weeks.

hek/sobek are both perfectly fine alternatives to the swraith

ppl rly need to relax on the "exclusive" S#&$, srsly it's not like they're breaking the game or anything

primed chamber makes the lanka and vandaltron insanely powerful, but u hardly ever hear ppl *@##$ about it, mostly cuz it was so long ago the newbies havent heard of it

I was lucky enough to get the Swraith but lets think about it from a different point of view>

if event exclusive rewards were to become available to anybody out there, who would do the events? if you need to get to 40 mins (exaggerating) in a survival to get a sweet weapon in a event , but knew that it would be in the market 2 weeks later, everyone would just wait the 2 weeks.

i get that but from that point of view you are punishing the people who couldnt even play the event through no fault of their own ,thats why am saying u got for free if you played the event but u dont and u gonna have to spend platinum or wait for alert missions to get the catalyst so its fair game in my opinion 

Going by how ammo mutation worked, it might be a matter of months. I wouldn't mind my swraith and vandaltron being added to 30 minute+ survival drop tables two months after I get them, personally.

i get that but from that point of view you are punishing the people who couldnt even play the event through no fault of their own ,thats why am saying u got for free if you played the event but u dont and u gonna have to spend platinum or wait for alert missions to get the catalyst so its fair game in my opinion 

they are not punishing people because theres other guns you can use is not the only shotgun and the other ones are good too 

ppl rly need to relax on the "exclusive" S#&$, srsly it's not like they're breaking the game or anything

primed chamber makes the lanka and vandaltron insanely powerful, but u hardly ever hear ppl $#*(@ about it, mostly cuz it was so long ago the newbies havent heard of it

The Sweeper is better than both the Hek and Sobek. My Hell's Chamber (and Blaze/Accel Blast) is better used on a sentinel than if I were trying to use it, and it's my only major multishot mod out of the three. It's funny because I've Shotgun Mutation too, but can't use it myself as there's just no point, even when I lack most decent rifle mods.

There's so few sniper rifles (vandal/tron being removed, lanka being clantech) people probably don't even know they exist, let alone a mod for one.

Edited by Feragore

no offense, but you made a thread about just Strun Wraith. why not the other special reward items? oh, right. because they aren't OP enough for you to want them. because you only made the thread because you want a free gun, not because you have any legitimate concerns about limited time offers.

also, Strun Wraith is one of the least viable shotguns in extreme level content anyways. because it's only effective at basically melee range. leaves you open to getting absolutely destroyed by those enemies that can kill you with one bullet. 

i'm still sticking with my Sobek and leave SWraith on a shelf. it will always be 'better'.

and, no. i understand event tied items existing. the somewhat Overpowered nature of them can be changed, and not done for the future, but they are(or supposed to be / should be) more of a swag item than something people will 'miss out on'. 

do you walk into stores and complain that a sale 3 months ago you missed and you should get those discounts 'cause i said so' ?

sure, if i missed a limited time thing i'd be a bit bummed, but it was fair. it's not like you were denied a legitimately earned reward.

Edited by taiiat

primed chamber makes the lanka and vandaltron insanely powerful, but u hardly ever hear ppl $#*(@ about it, mostly cuz it was so long ago the newbies havent heard of it

No, that's cause few ppl even bother sniping in this game.

well what I'm saying is that if you were born in 2005 you didn't get a chance to vote on if bush would get into office or not. this isn't punishing you because you were born at a later day you just missed it that's all

no offense, but you made a thread about just Strun Wraith. why not the other special reward items? oh, right. because they aren't OP enough for you to want them. because you only made the thread because you want a free gun, not because you have any legitimate concerns about limited time offers.

also, Strun Wraith is one of the least viable shotguns in extreme level content anyways. because it's only effective at basically melee range. leaves you open to getting absolutely destroyed by those enemies that can kill you with one bullet. 

i'm still sticking with my Sobek and leave SWraith on a shelf. it will always be 'better'.

and, no. i understand event tied items existing. the somewhat Overpowered nature of them can be changed, and not done for the future, but they are(or supposed to be / should be) more of a swag item than something people will 'miss out on'. 

do you walk into stores and complain that a sale 3 months ago you missed and you should get those discounts 'cause i said so' ?

sure, if i missed a limited time thing i'd be a bit bummed, but it was fair. it's not like you were denied a legitimately earned reward.

i dont get the offensive attitude of yours but i was actually talking about the strun mainly because am a shotgun user not because its overpowered and what am saying is my opinion it doesnt have to be the right one and it doesnt have to be a wrong one ,and by the way am not against exclusive stuff am against that fact that those events comes in a strict and limited time table that may be not for every ones reach,and since this is a video game its kinda hard justifying having an item in the game that i cant enjoy.

but i do understand those who felt a sense of accomplishment by having this from the event 

thanks for responding guys its bad that am alone on this one but it is what it is and no matter what this is just a video game for me

have a nice day guys and take care Ninjas :)

i dont get the offensive attitude of yours but i was actually talking about the strun mainly because am a shotgun user not because its overpowered and what am saying is my opinion it doesnt have to be the right one and it doesnt have to be a wrong one ,and by the way am not against exclusive stuff am against that fact that those events comes in a strict and limited time table that may be not for every ones reach,and since this is a video game its kinda hard justifying having an item in the game that i cant enjoy.

but i do understand those who felt a sense of accomplishment by having this from the event 

thanks for responding guys its bad that am alone on this one but it is what it is and no matter what this is just a video game for me

have a nice day guys and take care Ninjas :)

Welcome to the internet.

Where your enjoyment of a video game is a crime against humanity.

have a nice day guys and take care Ninjas

sorry pal, but its not up to DE to make everything available for everyone. if you're here for it, then by all means please, do your best to attain it, if not, sorry you missed out and better luck next time.

And as far as not being able to enjoy the weapon, i say again, you should have joined earlier.

yours truly missed out on quite a few items from early beta and alpha, simply because i wasn't here at the time for it. and not once, will you ever hear or see me complaining about that. enjoy what you can get, praise those who have what you dont and offer congratulations, because it might be the other way around next event.

just enjoy the game to the best of your ability man, because if not having ONE weapon is going to bog down your day, maybe you have other priorities to put on the front burner. not meaning this as rude or agressive, just my take on the situation.