Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mecha set target should be easier to spot

lukinu_u

Currently, at max rank, Mecha set effect let your Kubrow mark a target for 12s every 15s, with various effects when damaging/killing it. It's pretty cool and interesting to play but it has a big problem in my opinion : the targeting has very low feedback and is not always easy to see.

Right now, when your Kubrow mark a target, as blue transparent Kubrow head apear above them forever (not the duration of the mark) and nothing else.
This mean :

• You have no information about the target unless you directly look at it.
  • You have no clear feedback when your Kubrow mark a target
  • The mark can completely disapear into large crowd of enemies and other effect (fire, status, damage numbers, etc...) because it's really transparent.
  • You don't know when the mark expire because it's stay forever. It also mean you don't know which one is the marked enemy if there are two mark

Overall, you don't know how to find the Kubrow target, but even worse, you don't even know if there is one to search for. It's a big problem because the use of the whole set rely on finding this target and the way it spawn (for 12s every 15s) make reliable to use as long as you can spot and kill the target, but the lack of clarity about the target spawn and location make it uninterestingly unreliable.
A simple solution would be to add a few more informations that make everything easier to understand :

• Add a sound on the target location when it's marked (similar to Demolyst), so you are aware of a new mark and know roughly where it is.
  • Make the mark disapear when the time expire.
  • Highlight the target with the Kubrow energy color (like Void Hunter).
  • Add a unique mark on the radar for the target (like Saryn's Revealing Spores).

It's not that much, but those changes would make the set a lot more enjoyable to use, rather than being constant "where is target ? wait is there actually one ? oh I found one, oh no this one expired...".
The set is super strong, so these changes might require a few nerfs to the value since it make them much more reliable and easier to use. Reducing MEcha Pulse from +60% to +45% and Mecha Empowered from +150% to +100% should be enough.

Honestly, just don't use it. It is great in theory (and the Simulacrum), but next to useless when you'd really like it to work.

• As you mentioned, it is usually impossible to tell when the dog marks an enemy.
  • He does not mark his target, instead seemingly a random enemy in the general area (even out of sight).
  • Marks frequently don't spread status (when dog is down, also apparently expired marks remaining visible).
  • Sometimes the dog stops marking at all.
  • The dog can't keep up with you if you are very mobile and/or kill fast, resulting in no marks.

I tried to make it work, but I have already given up. Not worth 2 mods on your Warframe.

il y a 14 minutes, Traumtulpe a dit :

Honestly, just don't use it. It is great in theory (and the Simulacrum), but next to useless when you'd really like it to work.

• As you mentioned, it is usually impossible to tell when the dog marks an enemy.
  • He does not mark his target, instead seemingly a random enemy in the general area (even out of sight).
  • Marks frequently don't spread status (when dog is down, also apparently expired marks remaining visible).
  • Sometimes the dog stops marking at all.
  • The dog can't keep up with you if you are very mobile and/or kill fast, resulting in no marks.

I tried to make it work, but I have already given up. Not worth 2 mods on your Warframe.

Thanks for the suggestion of not using it, but is has nothing to do with the points above.
I use this for a long time now and consistently get the Pulse armor running about 90% of the time as long as my dog is alive. It's just tough because the mark spawn and position are unclear, which lead to the few suggestions above.

Also, keep in mind allies killing the target won't trigger the effect, which may be why your 5th point happens. It has nothing to do with mobility since pets teleports when you go too far. Also nothing to do with killing, because your kubrow will mark the next valid target after the cooldown, so "killing too fast" just make the mark reliable because it will happen on the next enemy spawn.

20 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

It has nothing to do with mobility since pets teleports when you go too far. Also nothing to do with killing, because your kubrow will mark the next valid target after the cooldown

No, I noticed this in particular on an Infested Survival - running through the level you have a lot of "shortcuts" via jumping, which noticeable delay the dog. In my experience the marking is an active action, that will not be performed if the dog is busy sprinting towards you.

13 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

In my experience the marking is an active action, that will not be performed if the dog is busy sprinting towards you.

That sucks if so.

Honestly Mecha Pulse sounds really strong for single target toxin/slash weapons but it has a lot of practical issues like mentioned that make me go "meh"

• 8 months later...

Im using it on my Saryn together with a status gun and saryn corrosive buff, this mod is actually really good.

I gotta admit, i gave up on molt to use masters summon from helminth system so my kubrow never dies.

It is actually really handy. Sure, you cant revive your "dead" companion, but you can revive it from its downed state with no range restriction.

Some map tiles give me a litle headdache in terms of survivability since i play glascannon, but overall, this build is really nice. its like another spores (but with other elemental status) every 15 seconds on top. :D

Archived