Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile defense could allow players to join during the first defense.

HunterDigi

Even ESO was made to allow players to join in 2nd zone.

And in other game modes you can just start doing the objective and people can still join after a while depending on the game mode.

But in mdef you're guaranteed to stay alone if you plug the first datamass.

I am not sure how feasible it would be, but I think if they and you at least choose to "opt in", I would like the option to be able to jump into the middle of any game, even a defense/survival that's gone past five waves. 

Why can't I be the hero for someone who got trolled and stuck another five rounds with no help? 

• 10 months later...

It could just be lag, but I've seen the "new player entering game" message up to the time the first defense is completed.  Enough so that I've been assuming that was the cut off.

In any case, it would be nice if new players could come in until at least the second defense is done in three console missions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-06-07 at 7:07 PM, Tiltskillet said:

It could just be lag, but I've seen the "new player entering game" message up to the time the first defense is completed.

Yeah that player most likely connected before you used the item on the console and they took a long time to fully connect and load.

I'm testing this by pressing the top-left [+] in esc, to see if I can invite anyone. The game promptly tells me "objective has been completed" if I do that just after using the item, so I'm pretty sure matchmaking is closed at that point too as I've never seen anyone join afterwards.

Archived