Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please kill Fragments hidden lore/speach "puzzle"

Drasiel

It's great that you guys have stopped hiding lore like ordis's history behind the "radio tuner" audio only puzzle in each fragment image because that really sucked for the hearing impaired but could we please just get a play button or visual aid for turning on the speech? It's not fun, it's extremely frustrating if you have garbage ears. I just want to hear your sound and voice acting I don't want to sit in front of a fragment desperately waving my mouse around trying to find the the right spot to make it play.

8 hours ago, Drasiel said:

doesn't fix the problem in the game

TBH, I don't fully agree that it's a problem (or at least, that something like the above video is not an acceptable solution),
it was a different / (IMO) interesting way to give us lore, I'm not against DE experimenting like that.

A portion of the player base being excluded, in a way, that of course sucks,
but I think changing the game for that minority would lessen the experience for the rest, so dunno.

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, I don't fully agree that it's a problem (or at least, that something like the above video is not an acceptable solution),
it was a different / (IMO) interesting way to give us lore, I'm not against DE experimenting like that.

A portion of the player base being excluded, in a way, that of course sucks,
but I think changing the game for that minority would lessen the experience for the rest, so dunno.

The thing is, new lore hasn't been hidden this way sence gara's fragments. All it does now is hide the voice overs. It's a pointless "puzzle". All it does is make you wave your mouse around and get frustrated at the tiny trigger point. I've previously suggest non sound based options like a pulsing ring that goes faster the closer you get to the spot but it has been years and I just want the damn thing gone now. All it does is @#&$ block the audio. My ears are good enough to hear the speech, they're not good enough to hear the stupid static well enough. 

On 2020-07-15 at 10:56 AM, Drasiel said:

The thing is, new lore hasn't been hidden this way sence gara's fragments...

Did you miss the entire Corpus ship tileset rework this past month?

The Tenets absolutely have this same lore delivery system, as well as lore fragments hidden throughout the Orb Vallis and the new Gas City Tileset on Jupiter!
These are just a year or so old, more recent than the glass fish and glass shards on the Plains from even earlier.

1 hour ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Did you miss the entire Corpus ship tileset rework this past month?

The Tenets absolutely have this same lore delivery system, as well as lore fragments hidden throughout the Orb Vallis and the new Gas City Tileset on Jupiter!
These are just a year or so old, more recent than the glass fish and glass shards on the Plains from even earlier.

No they don't work the same. Ordis fragments and the glass fish have different voice overs than what the text on the images show, completely seperate hidden stories. That is the hidden lore. The other fragments are all just voice overs of the actual text that is displayed on the each fragment. It's not "hidden" in terms of finding the items that have the lore. It is "hidden" in terms of there is secret extra lore hidden in the images of ordis fragments and glass fish, which hasn't been continued with future fragments.

Archived