Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack host should select missions (only him)

KIREEK

Maybe this is an old issue but i believe it should be adressed.

I'm fine with players doing whatever they want in railjack missions as long they play and for the most part everyone waits at the end, we use the resources, we refine, all is good.

But every now and then there are these players who will jump into the next mission before you're ready, sometimes repeating the mission, the truth is.......the mission will never be the same

A player in the squad can't be trusted and so your mission is not a fight against AI, but also against a player, this mission becomes less profitable because you have to be the 1st player to interact with the console, or else.

Player end up being prone to enter the anomally before the rest of the mission, this means in order to reach the navigation console 1st, you cannot do the rest of the railjack objectives, because if you do you have to exit the railjack, loot the anomaly (because most players are inefficient and don't loot anything) and break the crystal, while you do that an opening exists where the player can once again select the next mission, in fact you might even be unable to get the crystal because there is a timer involved, so slower players are screwed.

The only option is to enter the anomaly at the same time and then leave the rest of the mission for later, even then you have to stand in front of the navigation console near the end and you cannot refine, if you refine, that time may be used by the same player to start the mission a 3rd time.

Please, the navigation console should be for the owner of the railjack (always the host i believe) and then the owner of the railjack will dock or play another mission if that's his wish, do not give interaction to clients as you may enter in a loop of random missions and the only way to stop that is by being 1st and not refining, once everyone is in the railjack you must start the next mission/dock ASAP and then politely ask the other players to leave squad to make room for others.

This is an old issue i guess

When update with RJ released then only host could select mission. But you know there was one BIG I mean BIIIIIIG problem that after mission you were stuck for as long as host want because most of them were collecting every single resource on map. So you did mission in few minutes but then had to wait another 15-20m with host that ignore everyone. Matchmaking with randoms will always be a problem. If only host would be able to vote it will be only worse. I can say only one... if randoms are annoying for you then play solo or make party.

Ah, so there was a time where only the owner could decide, why not keep that and have the players exit the mission with an option that allows them to return to their orbiter without aborting and without losing rewards?

You can only select the next node once the mission is fully finished, so having an option to return to orbiter would be better as that would allow the host to do whatever they wanted, including rushing to the navigation console to dock before trolls take over.

27 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Not care for Railjack much but it seems not much of an issue for DE since you can just leave the group after the last misison and not loose anything, even that the mission end screen not shows any.

Doesn't that create a host migration? If the mission already began, leaving will add a quit to the profile no?

Archived