Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros abilities needs adjustments

(PSN)ObsidianJackal_

Devour recovery delay of 2 seconds is NOT affected by Natural Talent or Speed Drift and the speed at which Inaros devours people is also unaffected by those mods (I already know devour is affected by power strength.

It is ridiculous how the max duration for the sand shadows is 15 seconds and can NOT be extended by duration mods. What's worse is that Sand Shadows last for a duration equal to the time spent devouring them, so by the time you finish devouring a target to create a Sand Shadow, your old one expires. Even with Desiccation's Curse, there's the issue of the max Sand Shadows being 3.

Sandstorm also is pretty slow, some would say it's an unbearably slow slow moving storm.

Something needs to be done about Inaro's abilities to make it more fun and competitive.

59 minutes ago, (PS4)ObsidianJackal_ said:

Something needs to be done about Inaro's abilities to make it more fun and competitive.

Unfortunately that time came and went and nothing was done to change him.

DE usually reworks a Warframe when its either going to get Primed or a Delux Skin... 

If those two things happen and theres no rework... then theres no hope.... unless if we complain. 

44 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Unfortunately that time came and went and nothing was done to change him.

DE usually reworks a Warframe when its either going to get Primed or a Delux Skin... 

If those two things happen and theres no rework... then theres no hope.... unless if we complain. 

If they actually followed that logic properly and did do QoLs especially to line up with Primed/Deluxe skin drops. We would have so many more frames getting kits that should of got massive QoL`s already done, even things as simple as letting frames be able to recast abilities while in effect, like how Loki still cant do it that with Invisibility and certain other frames are still stuck in similar cases, such as some having abilities that still act as two handed, movement stopping abilities that require bunny hop cheese, then being stuck to actual one hand type actions.

Anyway a fine example of D.E. likely ignoring on doing QoLs to likely just mix it with some other content if they ever planned todo the QoL in the first place and have what is a hodgepodge of a `content drop`, usually flooded with 1-2 rounds or tennogen of about 6-8 items more and less then half the patch notes talk about any real improvements, when they are sanviched between tennogen `releases` and a cluster ton of bug fixes that most likely had no idea even existed.

Guess someone better start counting the days when D.E. will actually get around to reworking frames and take small shot per day till they actually drop said content and likely throw in an extra few, on the number of days it will take them to post a bunch of hotfixes to `fix` issues on said QoL of said frame, even if said QoL did virtually nothing substantial to consider the QoL a success (RIP Nyx).

Inaros needs 0 BUFFS.  you may WANT more BUFFs, but he already does his one niche just Fine (hint:  He's a weapon spam meat wall).

IF anyone needs looking at it's probably poor ol' Banshee as she's kinda the runt oF the crowd and even then all she really needs a bit oF health and/or armor.

Nyx kinda needed a rework but she has a new niche in SP, which is a very healthy turn.

The reason he wasn't changed was because Inaros is already an undying god.  The only thing they could reasonably do without making stupid levels oF power Creep would be to nerF him, and that's not a good way to sell prime access at all.

I get it though, you wish his abilities were more useFul and he wasn't just a weapon spam wall oF meat.  The thing is... there's like 50+ Frames, try a diFFerent one.

The only thing I can see they might do is maybe make another augment For him that allows his abilities to scale diFFerently, and that would be Fair because it would eat into the silly health and armor mod slots, so at that point you could play him as an ability based Frame rather than a dumb meat wall.

What you will not get though, is an inFinite health wall oF meat that also has amazing ability spam.  Not gonna happen.

7 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

Inaros needs 0 BUFFS.  you may WANT more BUFFs, but he already does his one niche just Fine (hint:  He's a weapon spam meat wall).

IF anyone needs looking at it's probably poor ol' Banshee as she's kinda the runt oF the crowd and even then all she really needs a bit oF health and/or armor.

Nyx kinda needed a rework but she has a new niche in SP, which is a very healthy turn.

The reason he wasn't changed was because Inaros is already an undying god.  The only thing they could reasonably do without making stupid levels oF power Creep would be to nerF him, and that's not a good way to sell prime access at all.

Those comments don't talk about the meat of the issues I raised. Also there's no need to change the subject, this thread is about Inaros, and there's nothing stopping DE from working on other warframes that need attention too.

I get it though, you wish his abilities were more useFul and he wasn't just a weapon spam wall oF meat.  The thing is... there's like 50+ Frames, try a diFFerent one.

I get that you might want to be a troll (even unintentionally) and say look elsewhere for balance or a more fleshed out frame, but please, this warframe meat could be a tad more useful in different ways without introducing stupid levels of power creep.

The only thing I can see they might do is maybe make another augment For him that allows his abilities to scale diFFerently, and that would be Fair because it would eat into the silly health and armor mod slots, so at that point you could play him as an ability based Frame rather than a dumb meat wall.

What you will not get though, is an inFinite health wall oF meat that also has amazing ability spam.  Not gonna happen.

Exaggerations aside, having natural talent, which is not a health mod, make inaros more useful, for example increasing sandstorm speed, really is not a bad idea. Also increasing his max sand shadows to 5 or just allowing them to stay longer than 15 seconds really isn't that bad.

Also he already has many augment mods, sure more wouldn't be bad, but allowing some of his other talents, besides being a meat bag, be more useful without augments I think is the right step forward.

A couple of points here. The "speed" at which you devour enemies is entirely determined by the damage that Devour does, which is in turn determined by ability strength. Higher strength means more damage means faster devouring. Doesn't really make much of a difference, though, given that enemy EHP is drastically out-of-scale with most ability damage in anything resembling high level, so good luck killing anything 60+ with Devour unless you plan to also clock out for lunch.

Secondly, I believe Sand Shadow duration is equal to 15 seconds or the time spent devouring an enemy, whichever is longer. I just checked the Wiki and that information appears accurate, even if the Wiki's phrasing is a bit roundabout. Supposedly there's a synergy with Sandstorm where Quicksanded enemies killed inside a Sandstorm will automatically create Sand Shadows but... Well, good luck killing anything with Sandstorm. Or having your friends (if any) kill anything in the Sandstorm before Quicksand times out. So bit of a moot point there.

The problem with Inaros' abilities is that he generally doesn't need them, at least with a high-level build. What you end up with, consequently, is a bunch of self-sustain abilities which are more trouble than they're worth, and a lot of hard control in a game where most people tend to "nuke" entire rooms. Well, and Sandstorm also sucks ass. I don't see the point of that ability. It does crap for damage and it's the kind of "hostile" crowd control which prevents team-mates from shooting what you're controlling. AT BEST it allows you to pull people off of Interception consoles, which Quicksand and Scarab Swarm can do equally well.

I doubt we'll see many changes to Inaros, though. I don't think DE have much apetite for buffing him, for obvious reasons.

4 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

A couple of points here. The "speed" at which you devour enemies is entirely determined by the damage that Devour does, which is in turn determined by ability strength. Higher strength means more damage means faster devouring. Doesn't really make much of a difference, though, given that enemy EHP is drastically out-of-scale with most ability damage in anything resembling high level, so good luck killing anything 60+ with Devour unless you plan to also clock out for lunch.

Secondly, I believe Sand Shadow duration is equal to 15 seconds or the time spent devouring an enemy, whichever is longer. I just checked the Wiki and that information appears accurate, even if the Wiki's phrasing is a bit roundabout. Supposedly there's a synergy with Sandstorm where Quicksanded enemies killed inside a Sandstorm will automatically create Sand Shadows but... Well, good luck killing anything with Sandstorm. Or having your friends (if any) kill anything in the Sandstorm before Quicksand times out. So bit of a moot point there.

The problem with Inaros' abilities is that he generally doesn't need them, at least with a high-level build. What you end up with, consequently, is a bunch of self-sustain abilities which are more trouble than they're worth, and a lot of hard control in a game where most people tend to "nuke" entire rooms. Well, and Sandstorm also sucks ass. I don't see the point of that ability. It does crap for damage and it's the kind of "hostile" crowd control which prevents team-mates from shooting what you're controlling. AT BEST it allows you to pull people off of Interception consoles, which Quicksand and Scarab Swarm can do equally well.

I doubt we'll see many changes to Inaros, though. I don't think DE have much apetite for buffing him, for obvious reasons.

Hopefully they will rework his abilities at least sometime next year and not let his cooperative potential and ability synergies rot for ages to come.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ObsidianJackal_ said:

Hopefully they will rework his abilities at least sometime next year and not let his cooperative potential and ability synergies rot for ages to come.

It's not gonna happen bro, be as optimistic as you like, literally no buffs can be added without making the Frame more broken, nor should they be.

I'm not trolling, I'm telling you like it is, and you don't like it, that's fine, but it ain't gonna change anything.

Your concept of "making him more useful" is just another round about way of saying "I want more buffs".  It's not happening.  petition all you like, it ain't happening, not until a long time from now and the game is in a very different place.

20 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

It's not gonna happen bro, be as optimistic as you like, literally no buffs can be added without making the Frame more broken, nor should they be.

I'm not trolling, I'm telling you like it is, and you don't like it, that's fine, but it ain't gonna change anything.

Your concept of "making him more useful" is just another round about way of saying "I want more buffs".  It's not happening.  petition all you like, it ain't happening, not until a long time from now and the game is in a very different place.

I'm not disengenous and ment exactly what I wrote.

Archived