Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Transplantation Feedback: Why it has risk of being BORING

KVenom

4 hours ago, KVenom said:

They promised to buff "the unpopular" Abilities. What do ya'll think?

It's the closest thing we'll probably get to the rework so many of our underperforming frames deserve, so I'm excited.  I was really expecting part of Tennocon to be dedicated to presenting a Hydroid rework, what with his deluxe and free Prime.  If this is as close as we get, I'm tentatively optimistic, as the buffs will not just be limited to one frame.

• 2 weeks later...
В 07.08.2020 в 14:41, sunderthefirmament сказал:

It's the closest thing we'll probably get to the rework so many of our underperforming frames deserve, so I'm excited.  I was really expecting part of Tennocon to be dedicated to presenting a Hydroid rework, what with his deluxe and free Prime.  If this is as close as we get, I'm tentatively optimistic, as the buffs will not just be limited to one frame.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND they just nerfed a bunch of good ones. Like Defy, Roar, Warcry, etc. And lowered MR requirement.
"Feature for Veterans" my butt!
DE is back to catering for newbies again! Like WTH? I thought we had a deal with the whole promise of buffing "the unpopular" Abilities?
The hell is this crap? People need at least a few good skills among all the warframes that can be sacrificed. And now the dreams of actually good Helminth builds are in the dager zone.
And allowing younglings to acess such feature right from MR8, almost from the start, will overwhelm them.
It's not the old days, where you could've been MR 9 with everything unlocked, cuz now there is enough trash weapons to get MRs faster.

Well... yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with that 3rd part. I was hoping to be able to use Speed or Electric Shield from Volt. Instead... I get Shock. I mean, it has its uses, but to me it's just not as useful, and it's honestly my least used ability on him (if I ever bother to, since I usually just use Discharge instead). The Augment could make it useful on certain frames, at least.

At the same time, I do see ways that some of these lesser abilities can be useful on certain frames. For example, I can add Roar to any frame. Taking Chroma Eidolon hunting will be easier. I could also add Tempest Barrage or Resonator to Limbo in place of his 3rd ability, (which is too much work for me to bother with), allowing me to use Cataclysm and Stasis to freeze everybody... and then leave a damaging AOE where all the enemies get stopped in their tracks. Or I could add Valkyr's War Cry to any frame that I want to use a melee build with.
So yeah, there's interesting things to work with here. It's just not as exciting as it could be. I think it should be limited to extracting only the first 3 abilities and not the 4th "ultimate" power. 1 ability extracted per subsumed frame, too, for the extra grind that Warframe is known for. But still only 1 power added from the Helminth to any frame.
I think that would be a fair design.

I think DE just need to realize that this system will not make the work of balancing kits between frames any easier on them, and will in fact force them to work at it even harder..

On 2020-08-07 at 6:41 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

I was really expecting part of Tennocon to be dedicated to presenting a Hydroid rework, what with his deluxe and free Prime.

I don't feel he needs a "rework" exactly. But maybe I'm just extra persnickety about the way people use the word "rework"

I think he needs his 3rd ability replaced, and I think his 1 and 4 need to always be at max power instead of needing to be "charged" but I otherwise think his kit is fine.

Which is precisely why they're doing this Helminth design, I think. They recognize that a lot of frames just have 1 "bad" ability that people hate. They probably aren't very interested in reworks and often only do it in response to player demand.

So now with Helminth, they can just respond to it with "What, just use Helminth to replace his 3rd ability if you hate it so much!"

Which... obviously, isn't the point. Because frame kits still need to be fun and interesting, even if they're not balanced.

Archived