Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'which Side?' Megathread. With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Gravefire

This event seems to completely break lore, do you have to pick a side?

Why not give us a 3rd option to join neither and go rogue? What's the point in joining two factions that we kill on a daily basis that also want to kill us on a daily basis?

Is this why the Stalker is who he is?

because DE has learned nothing from the failings of mass effect 3 apparently. ALWAYS give the choice to reject. Seriously is the lotus trying to be the next starchild?

I just learned that no one cares about lore and how stupid is the "story" behind this event, we started playing warframe knowing that they are son of good mothers both sides, grineer and corpus, and now we have to help them. 
Sure, i dont mind you trying to kill all my kind ill help you whenever. Wtf.

I just learned that no one cares about lore and how stupid is the "story" behind this event, we started playing warframe knowing that they are son of good mothers both sides, grineer and corpus, and now we have to help them.

Sure, i dont mind you trying to kill all my kind ill help you whenever. Wtf.

Tell that to the topic with over 20 pages and growing. You just learned that no one cares about the lore means your friends dislike it and made the assumption that nobody really likes it.

I like the lore and I want more of it. A game without lore is nothing. Put some enemies here and there and you get to shoot them. But why? How? Where? Existential queries, you know. Just because there's no option not to join, does not mean you should quit. They explained their idea over at the livestream and it makes perfect sense, as it was explained before - fits the lore perfectly.

Edited by JRMC

Lech Kril could probably solo all other bosses.

Easily.

Sure sure he could kill a few hundred on his own but were talking about millions here. The Corpus bosses are massed produced making them hard even for Vor or Ruk. Though I respect your opinion Krill is awesome!

punderkey#evergethammeredinthatsuit?

Edited by alphex

because DE has learned nothing from the failings of mass effect 3 apparently. ALWAYS give the choice to reject. Seriously is the lotus trying to be the next starchild?

Always give a meaningful choice to reject, even if it is harder and less likely to be achieved. I would have really like to see an option to sick it to both sides.

The rationalization for the missing lore would be that both sides stop focusing on each other and whale on the Tenno.

Which is why I said making the goal harder would be acceptable. Messing with and sabotaging both sides selectively while they're engaged in a major brawl is the ideal time to weaken two foes. Which requires a finer balancing act to ensure that both parties remain deadlocked while you achieve your own goals.

The sad part is this is a two sided fight when it really needs to be a three way between Corpus, Grineer, and Infested (unless DE wants to give us a new human faction). Like a massive game of Rock Paper Scissors. Grineer beats Infested, Infested beat Corpus, Corpus beat Grineer. Let one of the three factions domainate and Origin becomes an even worse place for the Tenno and other minor human groups/colonies.

Kril is a special case due to his, y'know, immunity to death unless you trigger a very special sequence. I doubt the Corpus would do so by chance.

Also, the Grineer are mass-produced as well. It is possible that the higher ranking members get to store their conciousness somehow and download into a new clone body.

Which again makes Assassination missions rather pointless, but weren't they always?

Kril is a special case due to his, y'know, immunity to death unless you trigger a very special sequence. I doubt the Corpus would do so by chance.

Also, the Grineer are mass-produced as well. It is possible that the higher ranking members get to store their conciousness somehow and download into a new clone body.

Which again makes Assassination missions rather pointless, but weren't they always?

Indeed until lore happens at least.

The thing I don't like is how we obviously know that the cryopods are there now. Why don't we just stealthily spring them, watch the Grineer and Corpus fight it out (maybe take a side if one gets an upper hand), and laugh when they figure out that the thing they're fighting for isn't there anymore?

Megan's Post

If you look at the times you can spot Megan post it at "6:12" While Hypevosa posted it at 7:19. All he did was fix a error in the wording. Either way he fixed AFTER she posted it if you look at the original forum thread

Either way. Megan made it legit. Hypo might be some sort of Forum Mod or has the same power as Megan have, part of the DE.

There are no reasons for DE to justify a troll's troll.

The thing I don't like is how we obviously know that the cryopods are there now. Why don't we just stealthily spring them, watch the Grineer and Corpus fight it out (maybe take a side if one gets an upper hand), and laugh when they figure out that the thing they're fighting for isn't there anymore?

Which would be very "ninja" of us wouldn't it.

Why not give us a 3rd option to join neither and go rogue? What's the point in joining two factions that we kill on a daily basis that also want to kill us on a daily basis?

Thats what we do ALL DAY! What's the point of this thread anyway?

Tell that to the topic with over 20 pages and growing. You just learned that no one cares about the lore means your friends dislike it and made the assumption that nobody really likes it.

I like the lore and I want more of it. A game without lore is nothing. Put some enemies here and there and you get to shoot them. But why? How? Where? Existential queries, you know. Just because there's no option not to join, does not mean you should quit. They explained their idea over at the livestream and it makes perfect sense, as it was explained before - fits the lore perfectly.

Then i just want to understand why is good lore wise for the Tennos team up with one or another? I watched the livestream and still do not understand, i saw that post and still cant undestand, like many others. Im missing something could you help me/us showing why is an acceptable thing to team up with corpus or grineer? ( im not joking i really dont get it ) 

"Fight for the corpus and we stop the grineer from grabbing even more power, if we fight for the grineer our fellow Tenno fall to the mercy of alad v."

The opportunity to choose is just messed up, why would the Tennos let their fellows in the hands of alad v in the first place? I would have appreciated something like "Take advantage of the dispute between corpus and grineer and save your friends" rather than choosing between something that gives me nothing in Tennos sides.

Again im missing something probably, but what?

Edited by fatalis92

just dont participate. but do you really want to have the feeling of regret knowing you could save others from harm?