The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exclusivity, Timed Exclusivity, And Events Exclusives...

Froh

I see your point and understand it. But still, in my honest opinion, exclusive means one-time-only. I missed thi first Vandals by one (1) day. I missed Strun Wraith.

I don't want them to reappear. One reason is that when ever I see someone carrying one of them Vandals, I kniw he's a true veteran. I kinda feel some amount of respect towards that Tenno.

Keep exclusives exclusives.

Exclusive does not mean one-time-only. When the heck did people stop buying dictionaries? None of the listed definitions say anything about it being one-time. As long as people are excluded, its exclusive. 

There are people who joined later than me, and yet probably have twice the ingame time and skill. Happening to be around at a certain time has nothing to do with being a Veteran.

One-time exclusivity is also a very bad business move since it turns away collectors, who tend to spend large amounts of money on FtP games.

Edited by Grilleds

• 2 weeks later...

I see your point and understand it. But still, in my honest opinion, exclusive means one-time-only. I missed thi first Vandals by one (1) day. I missed Strun Wraith.

I don't want them to reappear. One reason is that when ever I see someone carrying one of them Vandals, I kniw he's a true veteran. I kinda feel some amount of respect towards that Tenno.

Keep exclusives exclusives.

Nothing except for Braton/Lato Vandal, Excalibur/Lato/Skana prime will be unavailable again in the future. Strun Wraith is an event exclusive and will make reappearances in future events, same with other Wraith and Vandal gear that weren't Founder or Closed Beta exclusive. Everything will eventually make a reappearance except for those earlier mentioned gear.

Edited by R3leaZ

Vandals / Founders / Event weapons are NEVER EVER COMING BACK. This has been discussed many many MANY times, and DE has said 'No' each time.

As for reitred weapons.

You can get the Gorgon as a login reward, and I'm pretty sure you can get the Machete as a login reward.

Snipertron / Ether Daggers etc have already been asked to reutrn, and there's a high possibility of it happening.

Vandals / Founders / Event weapons are NEVER EVER COMING BACK. This has been discussed many many MANY times, and DE has said 'No' each time.

As for reitred weapons.

You can get the Gorgon as a login reward, and I'm pretty sure you can get the Machete as a login reward.

Snipertron / Ether Daggers etc have already been asked to reutrn, and there's a high possibility of it happening.

You're wrong on that though. Closed Beta gear and Founder gear are the ones that never ever are coming back. The event weapons will reappear in future events since they are timed exclusives.

@Ashmedai Im sarreh, was inactive for a while huehuehue.

Edited by R3leaZ

Good lord... it was dead already... stop raising it!

It would have been raised sooner or later no matter what... Once the Stat-helmets will be added to the table of exclusives the Forum will burst with exclusives threads again. :P

Edited by MeduSalem

You're wrong on that though. Closed Beta gear and Founder gear are the ones that never ever are coming back. The event weapons will reappear in future events since they are timed exclusives.

And the reason you are so sure of this is why exactly?

Personally, a lot of this stuff frustrates me because my account has been glitched a few times as well has having data execution prevention issues, and the garbage matchmaking with high ping and host migration of doom, and then lastly when some things caused the database to just burn.  In general you could fight through a mission and get lucky and not have a host migration and then progress wouldn't even be saved. All work lost, you have now gained absolutely nothing and have wasted time getting no closer to your goals. 

The game had kind of a special place back then for me, and although it sucked so hard back then I enjoyed the success of the missions that did go well.  In some ways I feel those items were not only thanks for working through those times, but for participating in events. 

The only event items I have received in all my time of playing was the dex furis, the same item that anyone who makes an account as of recent will receive.  

That is actually a slight lie. I got the badge for cicero crisis event, even though I couldn't even finish it. I had the vermillion extract before the event was over. Nothing to show for it other than the extract which is in a way a keepsake that reminds me of my bitter sweet relationship to this game -_- 

Pt.2

Also, I feel like it is weird that they converted Large health restores (+100 HP) to Health restores (+100% HP) when ammo boxes got left alone. 

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/486694218667337268/6009240507E87C0FB5116D8D051BD496768572F9/

Also not sure if the wiki for warframe is accurate with this "The Health Restore blueprint is reusable, although its blueprint is given to those accounts that exist before Update 11.7.0."  But if that is correct that is one more thing I SHOULD have but do not. 

And the reason you are so sure of this is why exactly?

It was confirmed that things like Strun Wraith and Snipetron Vandal will make a return in future events (Few exceptions: Regular Snipetron for example won't return). The CB/Founder exclusives not being available anymore in the future makes sense, since CB exclusives were gifts for the people who supported the game, testing it, when it was still at its roots (You also needed an invite) and Founder exclusives were for the people who supported the game at its early stage through funding it so it could actually grow. Remember that this game doesn't have a publisher? It was and is entirely dependent on the community funding it and that was most important during the early stages.

Same will probably apply to Dex Furis since those guns are an anniversary gift as celebration of Warframe’s 1 year OB. So it's highly possible that it won't make a return in the future.

Edited by R3leaZ

*Sees that this thread got necro'd*

....joy.

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgu

Exclusive does not mean one-time-only. When the heck did people stop buying dictionaries? None of the listed definitions say anything about it being one-time. As long as people are excluded, its exclusive. 

There are people who joined later than me, and yet probably have twice the ingame time and skill. Happening to be around at a certain time has nothing to do with being a Veteran.

One-time exclusivity is also a very bad business move since it turns away collectors, who tend to spend large amounts of money on FtP games.

I think you need to go back to or finish high school at the least.

Exclusive by itself does NOT exactly mean one-time-only, correct.  A+  Now put away your iphone/cellphone and get off of google search because looking up definitions of words is not your strong point and listen.

Where you fail at... is to realize that things like... Founders pack, ect.  That stuff was acknowledged to have a CUT OFF DATE.  Exclusive when used in this text because the items in that case were Exclusive to the founders pack means that YOU CAN NOT GET THEM AGAIN. So, in this case if I were your teacher, you would get a big, fat "f".

Certain items are NOT coming back, people like you and the OP need to get over it, quit twisting words, and move on with your life, this is just a game.  Take some time and go outside.

Oh and that argument about losing out on the 'mastery points'  Boo-hoo, you honestly think that little chunk is going to keep you from grinding to mastery rank 15?  Here, how about complaining AFTER you have every currently accessible item in the game leveled up to 30, every warframe up to 30, everything up to 30.  Then tell me how much your Mastery rank matters.

Edited by Sibarian

Vandals are never coming back. Those are once and that's it. On the other hand Snipetron came for one weekend, so might Gorgon.

When was it said that the vandals aren't coming back? Last thing I heard was that the only thigs not in the vault was the founders stuff. I don't have a problem with exclusives I just hadn't ever heard that.

Edited by NevanChambers

I'm glad you asked!

By the time I finish levelling Helios and Deconstructor and get the Brakk and level that too, I'll have 581,617 Mastery.

Two of those items--Gorgon Wraith, Dex Furis--are exclusives, so let's deduct their points for the sake of showing the upper limit a new player will be able to achieve if they never get an exclusive.

That's 575,617 out of a total of 623,617 if a person has everything. That's 48,000 Mastery separating a closed beta Founder from someone who joins the day after the Dex Furis goes away.

And it takes 77,500 (or 78,000; the chart contradicts itself) to get from Rank 15 to Rank 16. That's a hefty chunk of a level.

If we get one weapon as a Tenno Reinforcement a week, it would take sixteen weeks for the difference to completely evaporate--and a further twelve for the whole process to start all over again.

That's a three month period where (from what I understand of Focus) there is no difference in maximum player power, following a four month period where there is such a difference.

Don't know why people get so hyped about old obsolete and to put it bluntly useless things.

They serve no purpose in progressing through the game.

How about changing the focus of the Hype to wanting "New" things... Now theres a concept.

Instead of making DE have to waste time thinking which old obsolete item to bring back rather just leave it alone and help them think of which new and improved item to produce...

Seriously, are so many people bothered because someone has something that they don't ?

Plot Twist - 

If there comes a time where you cant get to the current Mastery cap then yes I'd say we have a problem because these obsoletes are now effecting actual gameplay... But until then, why bother at all.

I'm glad you asked!

By the time I finish levelling Helios and Deconstructor and get the Brakk and level that too, I'll have 581,617 Mastery.

Two of those items--Gorgon Wraith, Dex Furis--are exclusives, so let's deduct their points for the sake of showing the upper limit a new player will be able to achieve if they never get an exclusive.

That's 575,617 out of a total of 623,617 if a person has everything. That's 48,000 Mastery separating a closed beta Founder from someone who joins the day after the Dex Furis goes away.

And it takes 77,500 (or 78,000; the chart contradicts itself) to get from Rank 15 to Rank 16. That's a hefty chunk of a level.

If we get one weapon as a Tenno Reinforcement a week, it would take sixteen weeks for the difference to completely evaporate--and a further twelve for the whole process to start all over again.

That's a three month period where (from what I understand of Focus) there is no difference in maximum player power, following a four month period where there is such a difference.

Now, can you answer me this.  Does mastery rank matter at all, truly think to yourself.  Outside of rank 6, slightly more trades [and you don't get any more extractors i believe for being at rank 16]...  Does it really matter right now?

The fact that people have 'one rank' above you really bothers you?  Why?  This is a Co-op/solo game and if you think the pvp will be adversly affected by this then you are quite strange.  One rank does not turn you from a mouse to a god, one rank is THEIR thanks for getting the the founders pack :/  Just as the Dex Furis, gorgon wraith is ours for playing here and now.  Appreciate what we have and lets quit clamoring for what other people have... oh wait, we are human.  Greedy, needy, and weak.  We see someone have more and we MUST have it or our own self worth is that much less.

Edited by Sibarian

Yes, Mastery does matter, as it will affect your Focus--an important thing to bear in mind for when the game gets more PvP and competitive PvE content.

That doesn't mean it's meaningless now, either, as this time is preparation time. You either keep up now or you fall behind.

And speaking of self-worth, I'd argue the opposite--that a lot of people find their self-worth not in having things, but in other people not having them, meaning that the items themselves are worthless to them.

I'm glad you asked!

Yes, Mastery does matter, as it will affect your Focus--an important thing to bear in mind for when the game gets more PvP and competitive PvE content.

That doesn't mean it's meaningless now, either, as this time is preparation time. You either keep up now or you fall behind.

And speaking of self-worth, I'd argue the opposite--that a lot of people find their self-worth not in having things, but in other people not having them, meaning that the items themselves are worthless to them.

In terms of MR exclusives will only matter and be a problem when it is possible to reach the Max of 30 and those without exclusives cannot reach 30.

Until then it's not a problem it's just an issue just something that's being progressively worked on with every weapon, frame, and sentinel release.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Exclusivity is good thing in my opinion. That keep player always to be in touch with game, not to make 1-2 months brake from Warframe because you dont know if DE will offer something like Proto armor skin, and of course its best way to reward true fans.

Edited by Asko

I disagree, Asko. Players feeling like they can take a break and not miss anything allows them to stave off burnout by playing other games.

If you miss a skin or a scarf, it's not like your gameplay will be afffected. But non-cosmetic stuff like mods and weapons...

I disagree, Asko. Players feeling like they can take a break and not miss anything allows them to stave off burnout by playing other games.

If you miss a skin or a scarf, it's not like your gameplay will be afffected. But non-cosmetic stuff like mods and weapons...

Nevermind, Warframe is not pay-to-win game so you'll always be able to be good in game with already available gear. So if you miss some rare mod or weapon its not irreplecable loss. There will always be other good mods and weapons.

Nevermind, Warframe is not pay-to-win game so you'll always be able to be good in game with already available gear. So if you miss some rare mod or weapon its not irreplecable loss. There will always be other good mods and weapons.

Exactly, they will always release more weapons and newer warframes so if you don't get to 'mastery rank 30' when it comes out,  You will sooner or later by the time that it matters.